Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 212
  1. #101
    Slade is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,843

    Re: Falcons turn Vikes down on trade offer for Schaub

    Whats the Falcons record without Vick in the lineup compared to when he's playing? Exactly....nuff' said

  2. #102
    Wiggles67's Avatar
    Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    756

    Re: Falcons turn Vikes down on trade offer for Schaub

    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    This thread is getting to be pointless...

    Now we are arguing who is better.. Vick or Shaub.. No one really knows..

    They do different things.. Vick's passing stats aren't flashy but he has rushing too.. And he wins games

    Shaub is a better passer but doesn't run..

    And I heard a page or 2 back that someone said they might want to get rid of Vick because he can't run a WCO.. That's bunk because they don't run a WCO.. A different version of it.. But not really close at all if u break it down

    And Vick playing just to fill seats is also a bogus argument.. People watch to see a team win.. Not 1 player win
    I posted this in response to your last comment about individual players not boosting revenue
    The NFL is a business and if you dont think that selling jersey and making revenue DOESNT come into play then you're crazy.

    I'm not going to Schaub is better than Vick but Vick sells jersey's and puts people in the stands in ATL and everywhere he goes. Vick is good for the NFL from a financial stand point

    "I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

  3. #103
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Falcons turn Vikes down on trade offer for Schaub

    Yah, u did say that.. Maybe it has a little part of it.. Not nearly as much as who they think can win games for them

  4. #104
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Falcons turn Vikes down on trade offer for Schaub

    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    This thread is getting to be pointless...

    Now we are arguing who is better.. Vick or Shaub.. No one really knows..

    They do different things.. Vick's passing stats aren't flashy but he has rushing too.. And he wins games

    Shaub is a better passer but doesn't run..

    And I heard a page or 2 back that someone said they might want to get rid of Vick because he can't run a WCO.. That's bunk because they don't run a WCO.. A different version of it.. But not really close at all if u break it down

    And Vick playing just to fill seats is also a bogus argument.. People watch to see a team win.. Not 1 player win
    I agree in the pointlessness of arguing about whose better, Schaub or Vick. Who cares? We aren't looking at picking up Vick, so it is really moot.

    What we should be looking at is this: Who will give us the better bang for our buck?

    Cutler or Young (price: 1st rounder + at least one other pick to move up )
    Schaub (price: 1st rounder)
    Another QB (price: 2nd rounder... maybe 3rd)

    Personally, I see too many first round QBs go bust to justify moving up. For my money, I would rather draft a LB n the first and look for our QB of the future in later rounds. But if the front office decides that we absolutely need a QB in the first round, I would take Schaub over Cutler or Young because the price to move up in the draft would be too high.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #105
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,569

    Re: Falcons turn Vikes down on trade offer for Schaub

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    This thread is getting to be pointless...

    Now we are arguing who is better.. Vick or Shaub.. No one really knows..

    They do different things.. Vick's passing stats aren't flashy but he has rushing too.. And he wins games

    Shaub is a better passer but doesn't run..

    And I heard a page or 2 back that someone said they might want to get rid of Vick because he can't run a WCO.. That's bunk because they don't run a WCO.. A different version of it.. But not really close at all if u break it down

    And Vick playing just to fill seats is also a bogus argument.. People watch to see a team win.. Not 1 player win
    I agree in the pointlessness of arguing about whose better, Schaub or Vick. Who cares? We aren't looking at picking up Vick, so it is really moot.

    What we should be looking at is this Who will give us the better bang for our buck?

    Cutler or Young (price 1st rounder + at least one other pick to move up )
    Schaub (price 1st rounder)
    Another QB (price 2nd rounder... maybe 3rd)

    Personally, I see too many first round QBs go bust to justify moving up. For my money, I would rather draft a LB n the first and look for our QB of the future in later rounds. But if the front office decides that we absolutely need a QB in the first round, I would take Schaub over Cutler or Young because the price to move up in the draft would be too high.
    Pick a QB in the first round and you will either get a Manning or a Leaf.

  6. #106
    badbois's Avatar
    badbois is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    301

    Re: Falcons turn Vikes down on trade offer for Schaub

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    This thread is getting to be pointless...

    Now we are arguing who is better.. Vick or Shaub.. No one really knows..

    They do different things.. Vick's passing stats aren't flashy but he has rushing too.. And he wins games

    Shaub is a better passer but doesn't run..

    And I heard a page or 2 back that someone said they might want to get rid of Vick because he can't run a WCO.. That's bunk because they don't run a WCO.. A different version of it.. But not really close at all if u break it down

    And Vick playing just to fill seats is also a bogus argument.. People watch to see a team win.. Not 1 player win
    I agree in the pointlessness of arguing about whose better, Schaub or Vick. Who cares? We aren't looking at picking up Vick, so it is really moot.

    What we should be looking at is this: Who will give us the better bang for our buck?

    Cutler or Young (price: 1st rounder + at least one other pick to move up )
    Schaub (price: 1st rounder)
    Another QB (price: 2nd rounder... maybe 3rd)

    Personally, I see too many first round QBs go bust to justify moving up. For my money, I would rather draft a LB n the first and look for our QB of the future in later rounds. But if the front office decides that we absolutely need a QB in the first round, I would take Schaub over Cutler or Young because the price to move up in the draft would be too high.
    the vick/shuab debate is not moot. It illustrates how overvalued he is that people think he is as good as vick or any of the top 1/2 of the leagues starters.

  7. #107
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Falcons turn Vikes down on trade offer for Schaub

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    This thread is getting to be pointless...

    Now we are arguing who is better.. Vick or Shaub.. No one really knows..

    They do different things.. Vick's passing stats aren't flashy but he has rushing too.. And he wins games

    Shaub is a better passer but doesn't run..

    And I heard a page or 2 back that someone said they might want to get rid of Vick because he can't run a WCO.. That's bunk because they don't run a WCO.. A different version of it.. But not really close at all if u break it down

    And Vick playing just to fill seats is also a bogus argument.. People watch to see a team win.. Not 1 player win
    I agree in the pointlessness of arguing about whose better, Schaub or Vick. Who cares? We aren't looking at picking up Vick, so it is really moot.

    What we should be looking at is this: Who will give us the better bang for our buck?

    Cutler or Young (price: 1st rounder + at least one other pick to move up )
    Schaub (price: 1st rounder)
    Another QB (price: 2nd rounder... maybe 3rd)

    Personally, I see too many first round QBs go bust to justify moving up. For my money, I would rather draft a LB n the first and look for our QB of the future in later rounds. But if the front office decides that we absolutely need a QB in the first round, I would take Schaub over Cutler or Young because the price to move up in the draft would be too high.

    Eh, I kinda agree..

    We have a ton of picks and not so many needs to fill..

    If we had alot of needs to fill and the normal ammount of picks I would never concider trading up..

    But we do have a ton of picks and not too many needs to fill..

    QB first round.. LB second.. Corner 3rd.. O-lineman 4th

  8. #108
    badbois's Avatar
    badbois is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    301

    Re: Falcons turn Vikes down on trade offer for Schaub

    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    This thread is getting to be pointless...

    Now we are arguing who is better.. Vick or Shaub.. No one really knows..

    They do different things.. Vick's passing stats aren't flashy but he has rushing too.. And he wins games

    Shaub is a better passer but doesn't run..

    And I heard a page or 2 back that someone said they might want to get rid of Vick because he can't run a WCO.. That's bunk because they don't run a WCO.. A different version of it.. But not really close at all if u break it down

    And Vick playing just to fill seats is also a bogus argument.. People watch to see a team win.. Not 1 player win
    I agree in the pointlessness of arguing about whose better, Schaub or Vick. Who cares? We aren't looking at picking up Vick, so it is really moot.

    What we should be looking at is this: Who will give us the better bang for our buck?

    Cutler or Young (price: 1st rounder + at least one other pick to move up )
    Schaub (price: 1st rounder)
    Another QB (price: 2nd rounder... maybe 3rd)

    Personally, I see too many first round QBs go bust to justify moving up. For my money, I would rather draft a LB n the first and look for our QB of the future in later rounds. But if the front office decides that we absolutely need a QB in the first round, I would take Schaub over Cutler or Young because the price to move up in the draft would be too high.

    Eh, I kinda agree..

    We have a ton of picks and not so many needs to fill..

    If we had alot of needs to fill and the normal ammount of picks I would never concider trading up..

    But we do have a ton of picks and not too many needs to fill..

    QB first round.. LB second.. Corner 3rd.. O-lineman 4th
    good point. is it better to have 5 rookies and 3-4 sitting on the bench, or just a few top-tier rookies. high round lb and qb would be my top priorities.

  9. #109
    Mr. Purple's Avatar
    Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,005

    Re: Falcons turn Vikes down on trade offer for Schaub

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "badbois" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Just like I said thats the only thing you guys can argue, and look you did what I said.The fact is Mike Vick is in fact better then Matt Schuab. Say what you want to say about Vick, but there has never been a QB like him and he scares many of you about the new wave of players like him. ALA Vince Young. WHy did Vick get that BIG contract....oh ya cuz hes better the schuab. Like I said untill someone can argue something other then "money" and talk about football, then dont.I'm not being mean , but all I hear is that Vick sucks and hes only starting there cuz they signed him to a huge contract. Schuab is a back up for a reason. Obviously none of us can argue this till he fully starts for a team, but IMO hes not worth a first round pick. My bottom line.Untill something comes along to prove this guy is the real deal, maybe if he throws 39 td's in a year and goes to the pro bowl a couple times, then maybe i'll consider giving up a second for him.(Daunte)

    It is not the only thing I can argue, I was responding to you writing that Vick has nothing to do with why Schaub is not starting in Atlanta, and that is crap!

    Schaub has a better QB rating in his 2nd year than Vick has ever had, Schaub 2nd year rating was a 98, Vick's best ever is an 81. Schaub is a better passer than Vick, he has better poise, and he does not have happy feet like Vick. Why do you think that Atlanta does not want to get rid of Schaub? Because they see what 12 other teams have seen that this guy can make it in the NFL, and has a chance to be the real deal! And there are reports that this could be Vick's last year in Atlanta, that they are sick of his crap and that he can not run the west coast offense! And that is why they do not want to trade Schaub
    .
    a 98 rating in how many games? c'mon, saying matt shaub is better then mike vick is just silly. and i think they don't want to get rid of him because they are trying to create buzz so they can get max value for him, something the vikings might want to learn from.

    He played in 5 games last year.

    Here are his stats for the last game he played last year against Carolina.

    Attempts 13
    Completions 9
    69.2% completion %
    110 yards passing
    12.2 yards per completion
    1 TD
    0 INT's
    120.7 QB rating



    Vick is not a great QB and in my opinion Schaub is a better QB. Vick is a running QB that can scramble and run he is a terrible passer and Schaub is a pocket QB that can throw the ball better than Vick.

    here is Vicks QB rating the last 5 years.


    62.7 (2001)
    81.6 (2002)
    69.0 (2003)
    78.1 (2004)
    73.1 (2005)

    75.8 (NFL career)


    How are you going to try and argue his passer raiting? How many NFL games has he started consistantly...thats the key word, consistantly.Your hate for Mike Vick is the basis for your arguement. Vick is no way shape or form crappy. He is a completely differnt kind of QB, a QB you obviously dont like, and thats fine. But to say Schuab is better bye looking at a couple games he played in,is stupid.He is a back up for a reason, and its NOT just money.All the sudden Matt Schuab is a savoir for doing good when he had some time, So did Shuan King in Tampa Bay, now hes athird string QB in detroit. Not saying schuab dosnt have potential, but the cards are stacked against him and a first round pick is to much for him.

    Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

  10. #110
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Falcons turn Vikes down on trade offer for Schaub

    Honestly I don't care if Vick or Schaub is better than one another. I said earlier Vick playing over Schaub has something to do with revenue of the team and his salary. He also wins games for them. I never said anything about Schaub being better than Vick if you are referring to me.

    My only point to this whole debate is I would rather us only give up a 1st rounder for Schaub vs. giving up a 1st rounder plus for an inexperienced QB in the draft. That is all I've ever satated in here. If we don't take Schaub by trading that pick I think we should take a LB in the 1st round. We have 3 QBs right now. If we did bring Schaub in it would be to compete with BJ for the starting position and we would let go of JT. McMahon would be 3rd in depth then.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Why Did Packers Turn Down Browns' Trade Offer?
    By Marrdro in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 08:01 PM
  2. MOVED: Why Did Packers Turn Down Browns' Trade Offer?
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 02:26 PM
  3. Falcons offer $2M to Schaub
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-27-2007, 10:37 AM
  4. Vikings discuss trade for Falcons backup Schaub
    By enlvikeman in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 255
    Last Post: 04-07-2006, 03:24 PM
  5. Falcons | Team trying to trade for Abraham...want Schaub
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-15-2006, 03:38 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •