Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Falcons | Schaub likely staying put

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "mogwai" wrote:
    i totally disagree.if brad goes down this year,stick a fork in us. mcmahon(sp)is not leading the vikes to victory.schaub is ready i believe to start now.a rookie will take 3 years most likely.i'd give up the first round pick for him...just my opinion
    Why is Matt ready? He has not played that much. McMahon playes for crap butt teams. He will be ok.

When Bledsoe went down the Pats were also screwed. Didn't work out too bad for them. :wink:

McMahon highest QB rating in 5 seasons was his 1st year in the league and that was 69, his second year it was 12 (that is the lowest I have ever heard of), the last 3 seasons he has had a QB rating around 55, that is not showing progress! Maybe he can turn his career around but I am not holding my breath. McMahon is 6' 2" which is a little on the short side, he does not have a strong arm or good touch, and he panics in the pocket, and he looked terrible last year in Philly.

Schaub has 2 years of training camps and playing at the NFL level, and no rookie has that experience. He already has had a 98 QB rating that dwarfs anything McMahon has done in 5 years, he has the size 6' 5", he has a strong arm and he has poise in the pocket which McMahon does not!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Jeremy is offline Starter

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "mogwai" wrote:
    i totally disagree.if brad goes down this year,stick a fork in us. mcmahon(sp)is not leading the vikes to victory.schaub is ready i believe to start now.a rookie will take 3 years most likely.i'd give up the first round pick for him...just my opinion
    Why is Matt ready? He has not played that much. McMahon playes for crap butt teams. He will be ok.

When Bledsoe went down the Pats were also screwed. Didn't work out too bad for them. :wink:

McMahon highest QB rating in 5 seasons was his 1st year in the league and that was 69, his second year it was 12 (that is the lowest I have ever heard of), the last 3 seasons he has had a QB rating around 55, that is not showing progress! Maybe he can turn his career around but I am not holding my breath. McMahon is 6' 2" which is a little on the short side, he does not have a strong arm or good touch, and he panics in the pocket, and he looked terrible last year in Philly.

Schaub has 2 years of training camps and playing at the NFL level, and no rookie has that experience. He already has had a 98 QB rating that dwarfs anything McMahon has done in 5 years, he has the size 6' 5", he has a strong arm and he has poise in the pocket which McMahon does not!
    I think McMahon is garbage too.

I'd rather draft a guy than pick up Schaub. Schaub completed 51% of his passes last year. You really need to be above that 60% mark to be effecive in a west coast offense. Even Vick who "can't pass" has a higher career completion % than Schaub.

Vicks 1st year in the league was a 42% completion percentage, Schaub was 47%. Second year Vick was 54% and Schaub was 51%, the difference is that Vick got to start 15 games and Schaub had to backup Vick and he only got to play sparingly.

Schaub needs to start and to get time on the field to keep improving, and there is going to be growing pains, there always are with a QB that is getting his first shot at being the team starter! But 3 years from now we could be looking at one of the top QB in the league in my opinion. If we draft a rookie 3 years from now we could be at the exact same place we would be now with Schaub.

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Vicks 1st year in the league was a 42% completion percentage, Schaub was 47%. Second year Vick was 54% and Schaub was 51%, the difference is that Vick got to start 15 games and Schaub had to backup Vick and he only got to play sparingly.

Schaub needs to start and to get time on the field to keep improving, and there is going to be growing pains, there always are with a QB that is getting his first shot at being the team starter! But 3 years from now we could be looking at one of the top QB in the league in my opinion. If we draft a rookie 3 years from now we could be at the exact same place we would be now with Schaub.
    But he'll have more physical ability being a first round pick.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

mcmahon will be okay? good god, the guy is by far the worst QB in the entire league..id rather have shaun hill backing up johnson
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

"olson_10" wrote:
    mcmahon will be okay? good god, the guy is by far the worst QB in the entire league..id rather have shaun hill backing up johnson
    I remember he looked good in Detroit. Lions fans were screaming for him to start. Something happened to him in Philly

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    I remember he looked good in Detroit. Lions fans were screaming for him to start. Something happened to him in Philly
    Ya, he tried to run Childress' complex offense.

"Jeremy" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:

Are you kidding me? when someone is drafted has nothing to do with their physical ability!

"Jeremy" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    Ya, he tried to run Childress' complex offense.

I posted this earlier maybe you should read it.

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "Jeremy" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:

Are you kidding me? when someone is drafted has nothing to do with their physical ability!
    I smell sarcasm. :grin:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast