Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Examining the Possibilities at Backup QB for the Vikings - Who would you pre

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Why are you on a message board if only the experts opinions' count?
    :
    Do you think we are here to regergitate the same thing we heard Childress and co. say?

It's like going to epinions.com and yelling at people for their reviews.
    No I don't expect the opinion to be expertise.
    Yet to say someone qualifies as being high on my board or low on my board means jack to me. Why should I care about your opinion? Since you are not a QB coach or habe the distinction of ever playing the position.
    I wanted to know how you measure a player.
    All I asked for was give me some examples.
    Why does Quinn Early rate high, while Sage rates low?
    You still haven't given me an answer.

If you want to throw such a statement, that is fine, just give me some reasonf ro why you feel that way.
    I don't think that is unreasonable to ask for on any forum
    Mike

Mike

I've said it time and time again. I rate them about the same. i give the nod to Grey because he is younger and i don't believe that he has plateaued in
    his development. I like his instincts and the way he delivers the ball.
    He played amazingly this season. He lost to INDY and NO. His only other lost was at the end of the season when he threw 4 tds. He has a solid build and Jacksonville runs a varient of the WCO. He has been very sucessfull with average WRs and TEs. He has played will in a run focused offense. Now what team does that sound like? Average wrs, dual headed run offense with a stingy run defense? Hummmmm.
    I think he has played well in a simlar situation to ours and looks like that will only continue. The best thing about him is.....he won't cost us a 3rd pick

I also like his resume alhough some of you will look at it and scoff. I think winning at any level is admirable and he LED his team to a championship. What did Sage ever win? Fastest to Qb to 3 picks in a game?

In 2002, Gray attended training camp with the Jacksonville Jaguars, appearing in three preseason games, completing 5 of 8 passes for 55 yards and one interception. In 2003, he was allocated to NFL Europe, where he led the Frankfurt Galaxy to a win in World Bowl XI.
    Gray has visited several teams this off-season. If he's as good as you state he is, why is he still unemployed 3 weeks into FA?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Examining the Possibilities at Backup QB for the Vikings - Who would you prefer?

"Mikecarter81" wrote:
    Ok, just one problem where does your qualifications come from on rating QBS?
    I'm just wondering. I mean I hear a lot of speculation about guys being this or that and am just wondering who here is a QB coach or even has experience playing the position?
    I think a lot fo you are speaking out of your dimply buttocks.

I for one would like to hear more about tangible reasons why such and such would be a good fit.

For Example.
    I like
    Sage Rosenfels because of a few things.
    He was 4-1 in a tough football divison.
    He sets up a beautiful play action pass.
    He can clearly handle pressure, when blitzed he completed 68.6 percent of his passes. He completes allmost 70 percent of his passes below 10 yards.
    His numbers got better over the year instead of worse.
    Look at the comparison between October and December, his completion percentage and yards both went up.

I'm sorry in my mind if we judge hom based on stats he looks like a perfect fit for our offense.

Please don't just listen to me.
    Go look up his stats at sports illustrated and look at
    passing stats using a split function.

Mike
    Excellent post my friend.
    ;D

By the way, I already provided the split stats Mike mentioned in this thread.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567