Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Examining the Possibilities at Backup QB for the Vikings - Who would you prefer?

[size=13pt]Examining the Possibilities at Backup QB for the Vikings[/size]

By Gonzo
    dailynorseman.com

Posted on Wed, 19 March 2008 at 08:31:28 EDT

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are all kinds of threads on specific QB's that might be a back up, but not a general one where we all can vote in a poll.

Be courteous & vote in Gonzo's poll as well as the one here on PP.O.

With that said.....

Who should the Vikings sign as a veteran backup QB?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Examining the Possibilities at Backup QB for the Vikings - Who would you prefer?

I for one wouldn't mind ole Gus but I would rather see them swing the deal for Sage.

As I said in another thread....

a.
    7 Years experience.
    b.
    Decent Stats
    c.
    Has the proper decision making processes to run the WCO.
    d.
    Actually came in and won some games last year when the starter went down.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Examining the Possibilities at Backup QB for the Vikings - Who would you prefer?

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I for one wouldn't mind ole Gus but I would rather see them swing the deal for Sage.

As I said in another thread....

a.
    7 Years experience.
    b.
    Decent Stats
    c.
    Has the proper decision making processes to run the WCO.
    d.
    Actually came in and won some games last year when the starter went down.
    I have obvious bias because of my Iowa State loyalties, but Sage Rosenfels is a winner.
    In a different age, I think he would have made one of those off-the-bench moves to win a game and then never sat down again.

I'd love for Rosenfels to come here.
    Hell - I'd get his jersey custom-made!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

KevinK is offline Starter

I would prefer that we make a trade for a better backup such as Rosenfeld, or Losman. If the deal is to exspensive, then just draft a QB and roll the dice.
    I know that TJack needs a better plan but there really is no other answer that would really make things better.
    I would really HOPE they have a QB in mind for the draft.........

Texanvike is offline Rookie

I was very impressed by Sage last year.
    Being from Texas, I was forced to watch a lot of Texan games last year.
    Schaub was very good last year, but when Sage came in there was no drop off whatsoever.
    He's a very smart quarterback.
    I love lamp.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I would have rather had Volek over anyone, but now I'd like to see a deal made to bring Rosenfels here.
    Mabye Brooks and a 3rd for Sage and I'd be happy.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

I had to vote for Gus.
    It was a tough decision, Nall doesn't have much experience, but has a better comp % and 5 TDs to 0 INTs (none!)
    Gray has won some games, but has a low comp % and more INTs than TDs.
    Gus gets the nod because of his vast experience (in comparison), and his potential to tutor both TJack and whoever we draft there...or sign unrestricted afterward.

We've pretty much accepted, that TJack is the starter.
    He's young, has flashed potential, and has room to grow along with the rest of the offense.
    Our major concern is how many games he missed last year, and the dropoff in production from our backups (0-4 D'oh!).
    Especially, since we were pretty much one game away from the playoffs.

There has been a lot talk recently of the Vikings sending management to Ryan's proday, and bringing in both Flacco and Brohm for the interview...They are certainly paying attention to the QB position.
    Its good to see them addressing the situation, But, something tells me, these early guys might be more of a smoke screen for a trade down.
    The teams that are looking for QBs this year will mostly be looking at the early 2nd round.
    If somebody really wants Brohm, or Flacco, they may be willing to move into the first to snag them ahead of Miami's first pick of the 2nd.

It looks like the value may not fit our needs at No.17, so we may look to open up the possibilities of more value in the 2nd and 3rd...with the monopoly money to move up when we want to.
    I like Greg Cox's latest mock, he's got us snagging O'Donnell of San Diego state in the 6th.
    Good guy to groom for cheap, and down the road a better option if TJack goes down than any of the vets we're talking about now.
    http://www.thefootballexpert.com/coxmockdraft6.html

194) Minnesota (via Jacksonville) – DE/OLB Angelo Craig (Cincinnati)
    This is their eighth pick out of ten currently in their possession. They have been so aggressive in free agency that I’d be very surprised if they don’t spend two or three of these late picks to move up early in the draft. Even their kicker/punter situation is in good shape. They’re just grabbing the best player on the board.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"mountainviking" wrote:
    I had to vote for Gus.
    It was a tough decision, Nall doesn't have much experience, but has a better comp % and 5 TDs to 0 INTs (none!)
    Gray has won some games, but has a low comp % and more INTs than TDs.
    Gus gets the nod because of his vast experience (in comparison), and his potential to tutor both TJack and whoever we draft there...or sign unrestricted afterward.

We've pretty much accepted, that TJack is the starter.
    He's young, has flashed potential, and has room to grow along with the rest of the offense.
    Our major concern is how many games he missed last year, and the dropoff in production from our backups (0-4 D'oh!).
    Especially, since we were pretty much one game away from the playoffs.

There has been a lot talk recently of the Vikings sending management to Ryan's proday, and bringing in both Flacco and Brohm for the interview...They are certainly paying attention to the QB position.
    Its good to see them addressing the situation, But, something tells me, these early guys might be more of a smoke screen for a trade down.
    The teams that are looking for QBs this year will mostly be looking at the early 2nd round.
    If somebody really wants Brohm, or Flacco, they may be willing to move into the first to snag them ahead of Miami's first pick of the 2nd.

It looks like the value may not fit our needs at No.17, so we may look to open up the possibilities of more value in the 2nd and 3rd...with the monopoly money to move up when we want to.
    I like Greg Cox's latest mock, he's got us snagging O'Donnell of San Diego state in the 6th.
    Good guy to groom for cheap, and down the road a better option if TJack goes down than any of the vets we're talking about now.
    http://www.thefootballexpert.com/coxmockdraft6.html

194) Minnesota (via Jacksonville) – DE/OLB Angelo Craig (Cincinnati)
    This is their eighth pick out of ten currently in their possession. They have been so aggressive in free agency that I’d be very surprised if they don’t spend two or three of these late picks to move up early in the draft. Even their kicker/punter situation is in good shape. They’re just grabbing the best player on the board.
    Excellent post my friend.
    Did you mean to put Craigs profile or were you just pointing out the verbage contained within.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Examining the Possibilities at Backup QB for the Vikings - Who would you pre

id like the guy who sprained his neck while celebrating... if you dont know who that is, that would be gus

Thanks josdin00

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Trade McKinnie for Garrard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast