Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Erasmus James waived

"kevoncox" wrote:
    Injuried players typically play below their draft status : :
    His rookie year he had the same mount of sacks as Robinson but with less talent around him.
    I think this was a foolish descision. However, they must have more access to medical reports
    than i do. I would have placed him on IR and let him heal his knees. Him sitting on IR doesn't count against our cap and he doesn't pick up an extra place on the roster. I'm a bit pissed off since him rushing back from injury to help the team + a botched surgery is what placed him in this situation.
    Haha, that's my whole point... he's injury prone... You can't exactly produce when you're injured 90% of the time. BTW... he was starting when he had as many sacks as Robison... who didn't start.

You have a way of making yourself look more foolish with every post. Keep'em coming.
    : :
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Now I am REALLY pissed that we didn't take Derrick Johnson and Matt Jones instead of TWill and Eraser...we would still at least have both players.
    Matt Jones.
    Those are who I am on record as wanting back then on this site...before your time.
    STILL better than TWill...and he would have been chosen with the Erasmus pick, not the TWill one (that was for Derrick Johnson).

Remember, I am only comparing what I would have done THEN...not NOW with 20/20 hindsight.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "vikings_fan66" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    I'm not really surprised... I mean, he was a bust. Plain and simple. We have (and seem to still be pursuing) very good DE talent. James wasn't producing and he was still making pretty big money.
    Ya good point We were basicaly paying him to rehab his knees the last few seasons.
    Yeah, I mean... I wish nothing for the best for James in the future... but he never really impressed me anyways. He's played like a 5th or 6th round draft pick... making 1st round money.
    His rookie year he had the same mount of sacks as Robinson but with less talent around him.
    I think this was a foolish descision. However, they must have more access to medical reports
    than i do. I would have placed him on IR and let him heal his knees. Him sitting on IR doesn't count against our cap and he doesn't pick up an extra place on the roster. I'm a bit pissed off since him rushing back from injury to help the team + a botched surgery is what placed him in this situation.
    he would
    most likely be riding the pine when he comes back anyway, With JA, Edwards, Robison, and a hopefully healthy Udeze, he wouldnt crack the top 4 DEs on the team

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

"gagarr" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    I was hoping for a comeback, but he's a risk at this point.
    Better to make the move and move on.

J. Taylor????
    That would be scary.
    I heard the Dolphins want a #2nd round draft pick and teams are only offering a 4th.
    The JT drama has just got started.

Trading CT would be foolish.
    we dont need jason taylor, ray edwards and brian robison can carry the load, plus we dont need his 15 mil cap hit
    The cap hit is probably why teams aren't offering too much.
    Besides I hate crybabies... "I don't like it here, trade me or I'll retire and be a box office flop"
    Some might argue that Jared Allen did the same thing.
    :P

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:

J. Taylor????
    That would be scary.
    I heard the Dolphins want a #2nd round draft pick and teams are only offering a 4th.

we dont need jason taylor, ray edwards and brian robison can carry the load, plus we dont need his 15 mil cap hit
    Besides I hate crybabies... "I don't like it here, trade me or I'll retire and be a box office flop"
    Maybe to a (very slight) degree... but I know Herm Edwards wants to rebuild that team through the draft, and he knew he could get a lot of value for Allen (which I think we actually got the better end of it).
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:

J. Taylor????
    That would be scary.

speaking of JA and jason taylor, i would like to see Jared Allen on dancing with the stars, hes a crazy guy, i think it would be very very very amusing

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

"C" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:

J. Taylor????
    That would be scary.

Maybe to a (very slight) degree... but I know Herm Edwards wants to rebuild that team through the draft, and he knew he could get a lot of value for Allen (which I think we actually got the better end of it).
    True...but the point that I was trying to make is that he made a pretty unequivocal statement about his "hate" for "crybabies"...and then defined "crybabies" in terms that could easily include Allen.
    My unspoken question was whether or not he "hated" Allen too.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Haha, that's my whole point... he's injury prone... You can't exactly produce when you're injured 90% of the time. BTW... he was starting when he had as many sacks as Robison... who didn't start.

You have a way of making yourself look more foolish with every post. Keep'em coming.
    What!?
    Sometimes i have to remeber not to expect a logical answer in your response.
    Having a doctor botch your surgery does not make you injury prone. Here I will help.....

does not equal

Rushing back too early from an inury does not equal....

You should be happy Robison didn't start. Did you see him from week 14 onward?
    At that was playing with Pat and Kevin. Put a healthy james along side those two his Rookie year and we would have seen an increase in production. Don't think about it logically. Just keep throwing out zainy 1 liners
    ;D.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    [quote author=gagarr link=topic=45181.msg783097#msg783097 date=1211578724]

J. Taylor????
    That would be scary.

True...but the point that I was trying to make is that he made a pretty unequivocal statement about his "hate" for "crybabies"...and then defined "crybabies" in terms that could easily include Allen.
    My unspoken question was whether or not he "hated" Allen too.

[/quote]

From what I know Allen wanted a long term deal with KC, only when KC hit him with the franchise tag (forced servitude, IMO) did Allen start to want a trade.
    In other words KC is the one who started the problem by not rewarding him for what he had done for the team.
    Plus, Allen never said he was going to hold out until he was traded or got a long term deal.

Taylor on the other hand is currently under a contract that he agreed with, is set to make $16.5 million, and is not looking for the team to reward him for his performance.
    He just doesn't want to play for a loser.
    Heck, I doubt any Dolphin players really want to be there, but you don't hear them whining.

Same crybaby stuff goes for Chad Johnson.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:

What!?
    Sometimes i have to remeber not to expect a logical answer in your response.
    Having a doctor botch your surgery does not make you injury prone. Here I will help.....

does not equal

Rushing back too early from an inury does not equal....

You should be happy Robison didn't start. Did you see him from week 14 onward?
    At that was playing with Pat and Kevin. Put a healthy james along side those two his Rookie year and we would have seen an increase in production. Don't think about it logically. Just keep throwing out zainy 1 liners ;D.

I'm just be glad we opened up that roster spot for someone who will you know... play football.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast