Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Erasmus James traded (was Erasmus James waived)

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    I guess the fact this is a team game is lost on a lot of people. You can't just go out there about yourself. Even if you think this is just a business, it's not the way the league operates. There is a lot to learn about being an NFL as a Rookie. Not only your play book but the lifestyle and schedules. The guy was talking about his Rookie season. All he said was that the vets were more concerned about loosing their jobs than helping him transistion in.

Again, we expect players to do what's best for the team don't we? If you have a player brought in to start over you. Shouldn't you do what is best for the team and help him? No? Oh.
    are u forgetting that he held out his rookie season, and missed a good portion of training camp? maybe thats why the vets didnt wanna help him out, i sure wouldnt wanna help the guy out if he was holding out for more money as a rook than to be at his 1st training camp
    What does holding out have anythign to do with? You are paid to play football. We all complain about players who sign a contract and 2-3 years later are unhappy with it. Well, there only recourse is to hold out for the contract they want.Vets that are upset over a player holding out to get the money he is rightfully owed are idiotic as they are probally the same vets that will complaing about not getting paid what they are worth. The bottom line is the guy expected a more engaging experience. Perharps his expectations were lofty as he was transtioning from a team to a business. All I am saying I don't understand the hate when the guy is explaining what HE experienced...not any of you!
    perhaps he should have been worried about working with his new teamates so he could get some help, not for him to be sitting on his ass waiting for money. im sorry but if im a vet, and some mid 1st rd pick holds out and doesnt show up til 2 or 3 weeks into the camp, imma hold it against him. Hes never played a down in the NFL, and he isnt getting ready with the team, but at home waiting for a deal, that will leave a bad mark on him if im a vet, i wouldnt help him

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    I guess the fact this is a team game is lost on a lot of people. You can't just go out there about yourself. Even if you think this is just a business, it's not the way the league operates. There is a lot to learn about being an NFL as a Rookie. Not only your play book but the lifestyle and schedules. The guy was talking about his Rookie season. All he said was that the vets were more concerned about loosing their jobs than helping him transistion in.

Again, we expect players to do what's best for the team don't we? If you have a player brought in to start over you. Shouldn't you do what is best for the team and help him? No? Oh.
    are u forgetting that he held out his rookie season, and missed a good portion of training camp? maybe thats why the vets didnt wanna help him out, i sure wouldnt wanna help the guy out if he was holding out for more money as a rook than to be at his 1st training camp
    What does holding out have anythign to do with? You are paid to play football. We all complain about players who sign a contract and 2-3 years later are unhappy with it. Well, there only recourse is to hold out for the contract they want.Vets that are upset over a player holding out to get the money he is rightfully owed are idiotic as they are probally the same vets that will complaing about not getting paid what they are worth. The bottom line is the guy expected a more engaging experience. Perharps his expectations were lofty as he was transtioning from a team to a business. All I am saying I don't understand the hate when the guy is explaining what HE experienced...not any of you!

He's complaining no one taught him anything... He chose to miss his best opportunity to learn in TC. That makes it his own fault, why should the vets help him with his technique if he won't help himself?

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:

perhaps he should have been worried about working with his new teamates so he could get some help, not for him to be sitting on his jiggly butt waiting for money. im sorry but if im a vet, and some mid 1st rd pick holds out and doesnt show up til 2 or 3 weeks into the camp, imma hold it against him. Hes never played a down in the NFL, and he isnt getting ready with the team, but at home waiting for a deal, that will leave a bad mark on him if im a vet, i wouldnt help him
    I doubt that. I think Vets will understand you have to get your contract correct. How can you blame a guy for getting what he is worth. I think football players have been in the same situations and the realize the importance of handling the business aspect of things.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    Come to think of it, we should dump this thread, like we did his useless ass...Period
    His ass was just as useless as Greenways was in 2006. I can't fault a guy for being injured or being rushed back again to soon before he was completely healed only to have him re-injure himself again.

A bust? Not hardly. There wasn't enough playing time in his healthy career, if truely there was that period, to determine what kind of player he would be.

What he was was more of a liability than an asset & the Vikings were not getting a return on their investment. I can certainly see them cutting him & agree with their justification.

Could he be a great player? Who knows. Time will tell. If your the Vikings do you take that risk again? Given his injury prone past & an unsure future, I say no. With the additions we made this year I feel they could easily cut him & not miss him.

I can't say right now that he'll end up being a great, mediocre or poor player, but I can honestly say taking everything into consideration, the Vikings made the right move.

What would many of you members have said if Greenway would have been lost early in the season again last year? Would you say the same thing about Greenway as you are about James?

I think not.

Tried to slip one by me bud, didn't you..LOL

If it takes half a page to try to convince me he wasn't a bust, it didn't work my friend.

My reply to that, two words.....

BIG BUST !

Now give me a call tonight so we can talk about more important things, like getting your fiance here.
    I found some info I need to share with you and we both need to get busy...It's been way to long.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    Come to think of it, we should dump this thread, like we did his useless ass...Period
    His ass was just as useless as Greenways was in 2006. I can't fault a guy for being injured or being rushed back again to soon before he was completely healed only to have him re-injure himself again.

A bust? Not hardly. There wasn't enough playing time in his healthy career, if truely there was that period, to determine what kind of player he would be.

What he was was more of a liability than an asset & the Vikings were not getting a return on their investment. I can certainly see them cutting him & agree with their justification.

Could he be a great player? Who knows. Time will tell. If your the Vikings do you take that risk again? Given his injury prone past & an unsure future, I say no. With the additions we made this year I feel they could easily cut him & not miss him.

I can't say right now that he'll end up being a great, mediocre or poor player, but I can honestly say taking everything into consideration, the Vikings made the right move.

What would many of you members have said if Greenway would have been lost early in the season again last year? Would you say the same thing about Greenway as you are about James?

I think not.

Tried to slip one by me bud, didn't you..LOL

If it takes half a page to try to convince me he wasn't a bust, it didn't work my friend.

My reply to that, two words.....

BIG BUST !

Now give me a call tonight so we can talk about more important things, like getting your fiance here.
    I found some info I need to share with you and we both need to get busy...It's been way to long.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I know better than to try & convince someone as bull-headed as you. LOL.

I'm simply stating it as I see it.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Vikings notebook[/size]

Wire reports
    grandforksherald.com

Published Sunday, June 08, 2008

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. — Minnesota Vikings nose tackle and locker-room leader Pat Williams said he wasn’t upset by comments defensive end Erasmus James recently made to the Washington Post.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516