Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re:With Edwards away, Robison gets a look

ejmat wrote:
    In what facet did Ray Edwards make money for the NFL? Because he had a good game in the playoffs? I was at that game. It was a playoff game. The only people in the stands there to see RE specifically were his family and friends. Whether Ray Edwards played in that game or not the same amount of fans would have been there. Just because he had a good game does not mean he made the NFL money. The rest of the team played pretty darn well against the Cowboys. It's a bit of a reach to claim RE was the reason for the NFL making money off the Saints game.
    IF we work off the supposition that Ray Edwards is the reason the Vikings won that game, then I propose that the NFL actually LOST money because "America's Team" didn't play in the NFC Championship. Dallas = greater ratings than the Vikings, even with Favre.

The VIKINGS made more money under that supposition, because they played one more game (as did Ray himself, BTW, with that extra paycheck).

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Nice, Zeus! +1

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Zeus wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    In what facet did Ray Edwards make money for the NFL? Because he had a good game in the playoffs? I was at that game. It was a playoff game. The only people in the stands there to see RE specifically were his family and friends. Whether Ray Edwards played in that game or not the same amount of fans would have been there. Just because he had a good game does not mean he made the NFL money. The rest of the team played pretty darn well against the Cowboys. It's a bit of a reach to claim RE was the reason for the NFL making money off the Saints game.
    IF we work off the supposition that Ray Edwards is the reason the Vikings won that game, then I propose that the NFL actually LOST money because "America's Team" didn't play in the NFC Championship. Dallas = greater ratings than the Vikings, even with Favre.

The VIKINGS made more money under that supposition, because they played one more game (as did Ray himself, BTW, with that extra paycheck).

=Z=
    That's definitely one way of looking at it. Either way I don't see how Ray Edwards did anyting to benefit the NFL. Maybe people like Favre, AP, Brees and those guys but Ray Edwards? I don't think so.

Nice post Z and very thoughtful analysis.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345