Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43
  1. #21
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re:With Edwards away, Robison gets a look

    tastywaves wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Mark_The_Viking wrote:
    For me being at camp is a big pointer to the attitude a player has towards his work ethic, his applcation to the team and his attitude. Ray Edwards probably thinks what he did last year is enough to make him No1 regardless. I don't think the FO will see it that way.

    Robison is putting in the work and working hard from what I hear so Edwards can ride the pine and see what if any other team looks his way.

    In the same way I was a bit surprised to see that AP was also missing!
    So should Dumerville be relegated to the Pine? How about Revis?

    Heck, I remember when Whinny tried this and I hacked on him about not being here. Some of the same people who are hacking on Edwards stuck up for Whinny my friend.

    Seems we might have more than one double standard going on around here.
    Are Dumerville and Revis as easily replacable as Edwards?

    A guy like Edwards needs to be knocked back into reality. He has no leverage, while a guy like Dumerville is the entire pass rush in Denver.

    There are a couple of guys holding out now who have absolutely no reason to (if you ask me, none of the guys have a good reason, but hey).

    Ray Edwards, Atari Bigby, Johnny Jolly.... Those guys should've signed when they got their offers. And two of them still haven't signed. There's really nothing to gain but a big salary reduction for them.
    You're probably right. Ray is learning that he maybe isn't all that, which is probably a bigger hit for him than not getting his dream pay day.

    He is expendable just like most of the players in the NFL, it's very important to know your true worth and have the right agent.
    I hope you guys are right, with respect to Ray being expendable.

    Been along time since we have had that production from a LDE.

    When/if the league gets thier acts together, I hope guys like Ray don't have a hard feeling for thier teams and take thier talents elsewhere.

    On a side note, I wonder what you guys would be saying if it was JA in his shoes? As several of us have pointed out during this issue, Ray is either tied or ahead of JA in almost every catagory except sacks. I would love to see what Ray would do as a RDE when it came to sack production. Might be an eye opener.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #22
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,869

    Re:With Edwards away, Robison gets a look

    Marrdro wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Mark_The_Viking wrote:
    For me being at camp is a big pointer to the attitude a player has towards his work ethic, his applcation to the team and his attitude. Ray Edwards probably thinks what he did last year is enough to make him No1 regardless. I don't think the FO will see it that way.

    Robison is putting in the work and working hard from what I hear so Edwards can ride the pine and see what if any other team looks his way.

    In the same way I was a bit surprised to see that AP was also missing!
    So should Dumerville be relegated to the Pine? How about Revis?

    Heck, I remember when Whinny tried this and I hacked on him about not being here. Some of the same people who are hacking on Edwards stuck up for Whinny my friend.

    Seems we might have more than one double standard going on around here.
    Are Dumerville and Revis as easily replacable as Edwards?

    A guy like Edwards needs to be knocked back into reality. He has no leverage, while a guy like Dumerville is the entire pass rush in Denver.

    There are a couple of guys holding out now who have absolutely no reason to (if you ask me, none of the guys have a good reason, but hey).

    Ray Edwards, Atari Bigby, Johnny Jolly.... Those guys should've signed when they got their offers. And two of them still haven't signed. There's really nothing to gain but a big salary reduction for them.
    You're probably right. Ray is learning that he maybe isn't all that, which is probably a bigger hit for him than not getting his dream pay day.

    He is expendable just like most of the players in the NFL, it's very important to know your true worth and have the right agent.
    I hope you guys are right, with respect to Ray being expendable.

    Been along time since we have had that production from a LDE.

    When/if the league gets thier acts together, I hope guys like Ray don't have a hard feeling for thier teams and take thier talents elsewhere.

    On a side note, I wonder what you guys would be saying if it was JA in his shoes? As several of us have pointed out during this issue, Ray is either tied or ahead of JA in almost every catagory except sacks. I would love to see what Ray would do as a RDE when it came to sack production. Might be an eye opener.
    I have no problem with Ray wanting to get a bigger contract. I don't fault any player for trying to get everything they can. His actions were that of a player who wants more money, unfortunately for him, he didn't have the necessary leverage to get that bigger contract he wanted.

    I also don't blame the vikings for their actions. They have Ray on the roster for another year at a nominal cost. They are running a business, and it seems as though they are making the right choices.

    What happens next year is anyone's guess. If Ray plays well enough he should be in a position to get a decent contract. You have to play the game with the cards your dealt. It may not be working out the way Ray wants this year, but he has the chance to get his fortune if he can play to the appropriate level this year. He should have a lot of incentive to play the best year of his life.

    JA earned his contract and is fulfilling it nicely, I doubt there are any regrets in the Vikings org. If Ray believes like you, that he could an elite RDE in this league, then my advise to him would be to find another team. JA isn't going anywhere soon.

  3. #23
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re:With Edwards away, Robison gets a look

    Marrdro wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Mark_The_Viking wrote:
    For me being at camp is a big pointer to the attitude a player has towards his work ethic, his applcation to the team and his attitude. Ray Edwards probably thinks what he did last year is enough to make him No1 regardless. I don't think the FO will see it that way.

    Robison is putting in the work and working hard from what I hear so Edwards can ride the pine and see what if any other team looks his way.

    In the same way I was a bit surprised to see that AP was also missing!
    So should Dumerville be relegated to the Pine? How about Revis?

    Heck, I remember when Whinny tried this and I hacked on him about not being here. Some of the same people who are hacking on Edwards stuck up for Whinny my friend.

    Seems we might have more than one double standard going on around here.
    Are Dumerville and Revis as easily replacable as Edwards?

    A guy like Edwards needs to be knocked back into reality. He has no leverage, while a guy like Dumerville is the entire pass rush in Denver.

    There are a couple of guys holding out now who have absolutely no reason to (if you ask me, none of the guys have a good reason, but hey).

    Ray Edwards, Atari Bigby, Johnny Jolly.... Those guys should've signed when they got their offers. And two of them still haven't signed. There's really nothing to gain but a big salary reduction for them.
    You're probably right. Ray is learning that he maybe isn't all that, which is probably a bigger hit for him than not getting his dream pay day.

    He is expendable just like most of the players in the NFL, it's very important to know your true worth and have the right agent.
    I hope you guys are right, with respect to Ray being expendable.

    Been along time since we have had that production from a LDE.

    When/if the league gets thier acts together, I hope guys like Ray don't have a hard feeling for thier teams and take thier talents elsewhere.

    On a side note, I wonder what you guys would be saying if it was JA in his shoes? As several of us have pointed out during this issue, Ray is either tied or ahead of JA in almost every catagory except sacks. I would love to see what Ray would do as a RDE when it came to sack production. Might be an eye opener.
    RDE and LDE have different responsibilities and can't reasonably be compared to each other.
    You are the one that pointed that out a couple years ago.

    Before JA came here, we had far less pressure annd had to blitz unsuccessfully in many cases.
    If JA were in his shoes, he would get paid.

    I like Ray and feel he is getting better every year. I hope we can keep him.

    But I won't be surprised if this is his last year here either.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,061

    Re:With Edwards away, Robison gets a look

    Marrdro wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    The fourth-year player came in five to 10 pounds heavier than he was last year and feels as if he is in "the best shape of his life." He said he has been focusing on honing his pass-rushing skills, especially against play-action passes.
    With Edwards away, Robison gets a look

    Holy Shit, he wasn't working on his run stopping ability? What good is he?
    According to a few on here, absolutely nothing. He only gets his stats because of the other 3 playing next to him. :silly:

    Heck, truth be told, there are several on here who think he is being an ass about the contract dispute, when in fact there are alot of players voicing thier displeasure in the same fashion. Heck a couple of them might not even sign thier tender.
    That means that the other players are being arses, as well.

    These guys get tendered on levels. If they don't get snatched away on that tender level, then they're obviously supposed to fall into that salary category.

    They can disagree all they want, but this stuff is in the CBA, which I'm pretty sure that NFLPA agreed to at that time.

    Next to that, what kind of ridiculous numbers are we arguing about, anyway? I don't have Ray's numbers, but a guy like Tramon Williams hasn't signed, while he makes 3.5 million or so if he signs his tender, only to come up for a new contract next year.
    Again, most get wrapped around the axel with respect to how much athletes make, but in reality, Ray, along with the rest of the 2006 class are being forced to accept substandard contracts because that is the way the agreement was written.

    I for one would be pissed, if I expected to get a long term deal, with gauranteed money, significantly more than what was being offered, and wound up only getting about 1/2 to 1/3 what I expected with no gaurantees for a long term future.

    Quick question.....

    If you were a "Tire Changer" and as a "Tire Changer" you came in on a entry level "Tire Changer" contract, worked damn hard through the life of that contract and then got ready to get a new "Tire Changer" contract commensurate
    with what other "Tire Changers" got for thier services only to be told that the "Tire Changer Company" and the "Tire Changer Union" were having a dispute over the bargaining agreement and to keep your job you would have to agree to sign a one year, below pay "Tire Changer" contract.

    What would you say?
    Apparently, this was something that was in the CBA when I signed with that company. In the case that the Tire Union and the Tire Company couldn't figure out a new CBA, they could give me a one year contract pretty cheaply for them, but still with a raise for me. I'm pretty sure that I'd jump on any offer that would as much as make my salary ten times higher and then, if I decided to not sign a new contract in anger, the worst scenario would be getting just 110% of my last contract.

    That, also, is something that every common man would jump on.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf


  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,061

    Re:With Edwards away, Robison gets a look

    Marrdro wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Mark_The_Viking wrote:
    For me being at camp is a big pointer to the attitude a player has towards his work ethic, his applcation to the team and his attitude. Ray Edwards probably thinks what he did last year is enough to make him No1 regardless. I don't think the FO will see it that way.

    Robison is putting in the work and working hard from what I hear so Edwards can ride the pine and see what if any other team looks his way.

    In the same way I was a bit surprised to see that AP was also missing!
    So should Dumerville be relegated to the Pine? How about Revis?

    Heck, I remember when Whinny tried this and I hacked on him about not being here. Some of the same people who are hacking on Edwards stuck up for Whinny my friend.

    Seems we might have more than one double standard going on around here.
    Are Dumerville and Revis as easily replacable as Edwards?

    A guy like Edwards needs to be knocked back into reality. He has no leverage, while a guy like Dumerville is the entire pass rush in Denver.

    There are a couple of guys holding out now who have absolutely no reason to (if you ask me, none of the guys have a good reason, but hey).

    Ray Edwards, Atari Bigby, Johnny Jolly.... Those guys should've signed when they got their offers. And two of them still haven't signed. There's really nothing to gain but a big salary reduction for them.
    Your mixing apples and oranges.

    Dumerville deserves a bigger contract that Ray, but that doesn't alleviate the fact that Ray would in fact get alot bigger contract that what he is getting right now.

    I'm not going to do it cause someone has already done it, but if you match his production against others signed in the last 2 or 3 years, the Vikes are getting Ray on the cheap.

    Again, it isn't like Ray is asking to be paid top dollar like Revis. He is just asking to be paid what he deserves, and that payday, by the way, would also include gauranteed monies, he won't see if he is hurt this year.
    You're the one who threw Dumerville and Revis into this conversation.

    I'm not saying that they should be getting similar contracts, but I'm saying that Dumerville and Revis could really hurt their teams by holding out for a maximum of 10 matches. Edwards, not so much. He has no leverage. He'd only be hindering himself in getting a big contract next year.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf


  6. #26
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re:With Edwards away, Robison gets a look

    Marrdro wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    The fourth-year player came in five to 10 pounds heavier than he was last year and feels as if he is in "the best shape of his life." He said he has been focusing on honing his pass-rushing skills, especially against play-action passes.
    With Edwards away, Robison gets a look

    Holy Shit, he wasn't working on his run stopping ability? What good is he?
    According to a few on here, absolutely nothing. He only gets his stats because of the other 3 playing next to him. :silly:

    Heck, truth be told, there are several on here who think he is being an ass about the contract dispute, when in fact there are alot of players voicing thier displeasure in the same fashion. Heck a couple of them might not even sign thier tender.
    Show me one person that thinks that the only reason Ray has the stats he has was because of the 3 he plays next to. Is it part of the reason? Yes! However every person that you are referring to also admit that Ray is a solid player.

    As far as the contract ordeal, yes he IS being as ASS. He is getting a very good raise when others are not during times when the economy on the whole is crap.

    I still have yet to see someone that answered my question about what his hold out did for him. Absolutely no one. Because it didn't do shit but piss off the organization. It doesn't affect the union one iota. It doesn't affect the NFL one iota. Yet those are the two organizations he is angry at. He's supposedly not angry with the Vikings but who did his hold out hurt?

    I for one hope he plays extremely well this year so he can get a bigger payday. But to complain over 127% raise when most people are lucky these days to have a job and get a 3% raise is ridiculous. I don't care how many people are complaining about it. They are all ridiculous. The only person that imo has a beef is Chris Johnson because of what he did last year.

  7. #27
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re:With Edwards away, Robison gets a look

    Marrdro wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    The fourth-year player came in five to 10 pounds heavier than he was last year and feels as if he is in "the best shape of his life." He said he has been focusing on honing his pass-rushing skills, especially against play-action passes.
    With Edwards away, Robison gets a look

    Holy Shit, he wasn't working on his run stopping ability? What good is he?
    According to a few on here, absolutely nothing. He only gets his stats because of the other 3 playing next to him. :silly:

    Heck, truth be told, there are several on here who think he is being an ass about the contract dispute, when in fact there are alot of players voicing thier displeasure in the same fashion. Heck a couple of them might not even sign thier tender.
    That means that the other players are being arses, as well.

    These guys get tendered on levels. If they don't get snatched away on that tender level, then they're obviously supposed to fall into that salary category.

    They can disagree all they want, but this stuff is in the CBA, which I'm pretty sure that NFLPA agreed to at that time.

    Next to that, what kind of ridiculous numbers are we arguing about, anyway? I don't have Ray's numbers, but a guy like Tramon Williams hasn't signed, while he makes 3.5 million or so if he signs his tender, only to come up for a new contract next year.
    Again, most get wrapped around the axel with respect to how much athletes make, but in reality, Ray, along with the rest of the 2006 class are being forced to accept substandard contracts because that is the way the agreement was written.

    I for one would be pissed, if I expected to get a long term deal, with gauranteed money, significantly more than what was being offered, and wound up only getting about 1/2 to 1/3 what I expected with no gaurantees for a long term future.

    Quick question.....

    If you were a "Tire Changer" and as a "Tire Changer" you came in on a entry level "Tire Changer" contract, worked damn hard through the life of that contract and then got ready to get a new "Tire Changer" contract commensurate
    with what other "Tire Changers" got for thier services only to be told that the "Tire Changer Company" and the "Tire Changer Union" were having a dispute over the bargaining agreement and to keep your job you would have to agree to sign a one year, below pay "Tire Changer" contract.

    What would you say?
    Let's compare:

    Me: work 12 months per year
    Ray: works maybe a total of 6 months per year

    Me: work my ass off day in and day out for at least 12 hours a day and work weekends at a salary
    Ray: works his ass off maybe 5 hours per

    Me: earned two touted rewards in 2009 and was instrumental in gaining %1.8M revenue in new business
    Ray: earned no rewards in 2009 had decent stats in which part of the reason was because he works next to 3 pro bowl players and made absolutely nothing for the NFL. Show me one person other than his family that go see a game just for him.

    Me: love my job and the people I work with and for.
    Ray: loves his job and the people he works with. Sounds like he could give a crap for the people he works for as noted by his comment about Goodell.

    Me: 3.1% raise this year without a problem
    Ray 127% raise and whines

    Yeah keep crying Ray and keep trying to stick up for him.

  8. #28
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re:With Edwards away, Robison gets a look

    Marrdro wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Mark_The_Viking wrote:
    For me being at camp is a big pointer to the attitude a player has towards his work ethic, his applcation to the team and his attitude. Ray Edwards probably thinks what he did last year is enough to make him No1 regardless. I don't think the FO will see it that way.

    Robison is putting in the work and working hard from what I hear so Edwards can ride the pine and see what if any other team looks his way.

    In the same way I was a bit surprised to see that AP was also missing!
    So should Dumerville be relegated to the Pine? How about Revis?

    Heck, I remember when Whinny tried this and I hacked on him about not being here. Some of the same people who are hacking on Edwards stuck up for Whinny my friend.

    Seems we might have more than one double standard going on around here.
    Are Dumerville and Revis as easily replacable as Edwards?

    A guy like Edwards needs to be knocked back into reality. He has no leverage, while a guy like Dumerville is the entire pass rush in Denver.

    There are a couple of guys holding out now who have absolutely no reason to (if you ask me, none of the guys have a good reason, but hey).

    Ray Edwards, Atari Bigby, Johnny Jolly.... Those guys should've signed when they got their offers. And two of them still haven't signed. There's really nothing to gain but a big salary reduction for them.
    You're probably right. Ray is learning that he maybe isn't all that, which is probably a bigger hit for him than not getting his dream pay day.

    He is expendable just like most of the players in the NFL, it's very important to know your true worth and have the right agent.
    I hope you guys are right, with respect to Ray being expendable.

    Been along time since we have had that production from a LDE.

    When/if the league gets thier acts together, I hope guys like Ray don't have a hard feeling for thier teams and take thier talents elsewhere.

    On a side note, I wonder what you guys would be saying if it was JA in his shoes? As several of us have pointed out during this issue, Ray is either tied or ahead of JA in almost every catagory except sacks. I would love to see what Ray would do as a RDE when it came to sack production. Might be an eye opener.
    The only brow raiser is the fact you are trying to use stats in a vacuum like BS to try and explain how Ray is as good as JA. If JA were doing this I wouldn't be happy at all. However, he would have a much better reason than Ray. Face it. JA puts fans in the stadium whereas RE does not. JA is a beast. RE is barely getting his shoes wet. His stats reflect the attention others around him get as has been pointed out and proven on several occasions. If he was so great he would have much more finishing plays with all the attention JA and KW get on a more consistent basis than does Ray.

  9. #29
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,869

    Re:With Edwards away, Robison gets a look

    ejmat wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    The fourth-year player came in five to 10 pounds heavier than he was last year and feels as if he is in "the best shape of his life." He said he has been focusing on honing his pass-rushing skills, especially against play-action passes.
    With Edwards away, Robison gets a look

    Holy Shit, he wasn't working on his run stopping ability? What good is he?
    According to a few on here, absolutely nothing. He only gets his stats because of the other 3 playing next to him. :silly:

    Heck, truth be told, there are several on here who think he is being an ass about the contract dispute, when in fact there are alot of players voicing thier displeasure in the same fashion. Heck a couple of them might not even sign thier tender.
    That means that the other players are being arses, as well.

    These guys get tendered on levels. If they don't get snatched away on that tender level, then they're obviously supposed to fall into that salary category.

    They can disagree all they want, but this stuff is in the CBA, which I'm pretty sure that NFLPA agreed to at that time.

    Next to that, what kind of ridiculous numbers are we arguing about, anyway? I don't have Ray's numbers, but a guy like Tramon Williams hasn't signed, while he makes 3.5 million or so if he signs his tender, only to come up for a new contract next year.
    Again, most get wrapped around the axel with respect to how much athletes make, but in reality, Ray, along with the rest of the 2006 class are being forced to accept substandard contracts because that is the way the agreement was written.

    I for one would be pissed, if I expected to get a long term deal, with gauranteed money, significantly more than what was being offered, and wound up only getting about 1/2 to 1/3 what I expected with no gaurantees for a long term future.

    Quick question.....

    If you were a "Tire Changer" and as a "Tire Changer" you came in on a entry level "Tire Changer" contract, worked damn hard through the life of that contract and then got ready to get a new "Tire Changer" contract commensurate
    with what other "Tire Changers" got for thier services only to be told that the "Tire Changer Company" and the "Tire Changer Union" were having a dispute over the bargaining agreement and to keep your job you would have to agree to sign a one year, below pay "Tire Changer" contract.

    What would you say?
    Let's compare:

    Me: work 12 months per year
    Ray: works maybe a total of 6 months per year

    Me: work my ass off day in and day out for at least 12 hours a day and work weekends at a salary
    Ray: works his ass off maybe 5 hours per

    Me: earned two touted rewards in 2009 and was instrumental in gaining %1.8M revenue in new business
    Ray: earned no rewards in 2009 had decent stats in which part of the reason was because he works next to 3 pro bowl players and made absolutely nothing for the NFL. Show me one person other than his family that go see a game just for him.

    Me: love my job and the people I work with and for.
    Ray: loves his job and the people he works with. Sounds like he could give a crap for the people he works for as noted by his comment about Goodell.

    Me: 3.1% raise this year without a problem
    Ray 127% raise and whines

    Yeah keep crying Ray and keep trying to stick up for him.
    I doubt there is much difference in pay between an entry level tire changer and the world's greatest tire changer. I mean how hard is it to change a tire. If you can't figure it out in 2 months you need to be fired.

    Can you imagine TJ in this scenario? Hey TJ, you look great in the tire changing training programs, but when we put you on the shop floor for real, you keep screwing up. You need to learn how to produce when the customer is looking over your shoulder, in a hurry to get out the door, chaos all around you, wrenches hitting the ground, cars going up and down the hoists and a variety of tires you've never seen before thrown at you. I'll give you one more year to figure this out, but if you can't get it done in year 5, I'm going to have to bring in some other young buck and see how they do.

  10. #30
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:With Edwards away, Robison gets a look

    Marrdro wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    The fourth-year player came in five to 10 pounds heavier than he was last year and feels as if he is in "the best shape of his life." He said he has been focusing on honing his pass-rushing skills, especially against play-action passes.
    With Edwards away, Robison gets a look

    Holy Shit, he wasn't working on his run stopping ability? What good is he?
    According to a few on here, absolutely nothing. He only gets his stats because of the other 3 playing next to him. :silly:

    Heck, truth be told, there are several on here who think he is being an ass about the contract dispute, when in fact there are alot of players voicing thier displeasure in the same fashion. Heck a couple of them might not even sign thier tender.
    That means that the other players are being arses, as well.

    These guys get tendered on levels. If they don't get snatched away on that tender level, then they're obviously supposed to fall into that salary category.

    They can disagree all they want, but this stuff is in the CBA, which I'm pretty sure that NFLPA agreed to at that time.

    Next to that, what kind of ridiculous numbers are we arguing about, anyway? I don't have Ray's numbers, but a guy like Tramon Williams hasn't signed, while he makes 3.5 million or so if he signs his tender, only to come up for a new contract next year.
    Again, most get wrapped around the axel with respect to how much athletes make, but in reality, Ray, along with the rest of the 2006 class are being forced to accept substandard contracts because that is the way the agreement was written.

    I for one would be pissed, if I expected to get a long term deal, with gauranteed money, significantly more than what was being offered, and wound up only getting about 1/2 to 1/3 what I expected with no gaurantees for a long term future.

    Quick question.....

    If you were a "Tire Changer" and as a "Tire Changer" you came in on a entry level "Tire Changer" contract, worked damn hard through the life of that contract and then got ready to get a new "Tire Changer" contract commensurate
    with what other "Tire Changers" got for thier services only to be told that the "Tire Changer Company" and the "Tire Changer Union" were having a dispute over the bargaining agreement and to keep your job you would have to agree to sign a one year, below pay "Tire Changer" contract.

    What would you say?
    Well, you would either say OK and accept it or you could go and find work somewhere else. Look up the term At Will employment as that is the rule most people in the real world live under. Since it is a free country that tire changer has the opportunity to open his own business if he sees fit and then he can run it the way he wants to and pay himself whatever income he can generate from his expertise.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Robison Wants Edwards To His Money And Move Out
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-24-2011, 11:48 PM
  2. Should Ray Edwards make way for Robison?
    By Mark_The_Viking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 04-11-2010, 04:35 PM
  3. Vikings DE Battle: Edwards or Robison?
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-17-2009, 11:00 AM
  4. Can I Get A Robison Sig Please?
    By dcboardr41 in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 02:22 PM
  5. Edwards, Robison emerging as draft bargains for Vikings
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-23-2007, 03:29 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •