Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43
  1. #11
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re:With Edwards away, Robison gets a look

    ejmat wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:
    Edwards signs his tender...he is now under contract for 2010.


    Ray Edwards Signs RFA Tender
    I think he saw that Brian was getting reps with the first team, realized that he was kicking ass, and panicked. The WORST thing Ray Edwards can do for himself right now is NOT be in camp. If the Vikings figure out exactly how expendable he really is, his hopes of renegotiating are shot (I think they already are).

    Ask people about the4 Purple People Eaters...everyone remembers Page, Eller, Marshall, and.....that other guy...

    Ray Edwards, if he isn't careful, could become "that other guy".

    Caine
    The problem is he is "that other guy" already. That is why this ridiculous hold out did nothing for anyone except for to piss off the Viking FO and some of the fans.

    He signed his tender because tomorrow was the deadline. He just decided to do it one day earlier than expected. Now when all is said and done who was hurt by this hold out? Any of the Ray Edwards apologists want to answer that question because truth be told, I'm completely baffled by it.
    What? No takers? I just can't get this question out of my head. I have to know. I need a statistic quick. :laugh:

  2. #12
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:With Edwards away, Robison gets a look

    Marrdro wrote:
    The fourth-year player came in five to 10 pounds heavier than he was last year and feels as if he is in "the best shape of his life." He said he has been focusing on honing his pass-rushing skills, especially against play-action passes.
    With Edwards away, Robison gets a look

    Holy Shit, he wasn't working on his run stopping ability? What good is he?

  3. #13
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re:With Edwards away, Robison gets a look

    Purple Floyd wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    The fourth-year player came in five to 10 pounds heavier than he was last year and feels as if he is in "the best shape of his life." He said he has been focusing on honing his pass-rushing skills, especially against play-action passes.
    With Edwards away, Robison gets a look

    Holy Shit, he wasn't working on his run stopping ability? What good is he?
    According to a few on here, absolutely nothing. He only gets his stats because of the other 3 playing next to him. :silly:

    Heck, truth be told, there are several on here who think he is being an ass about the contract dispute, when in fact there are alot of players voicing thier displeasure in the same fashion. Heck a couple of them might not even sign thier tender.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #14
    Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Portsmouth UK
    Posts
    644

    Re:With Edwards away, Robison gets a look

    For me being at camp is a big pointer to the attitude a player has towards his work ethic, his applcation to the team and his attitude. Ray Edwards probably thinks what he did last year is enough to make him No1 regardless. I don't think the FO will see it that way.

    Robison is putting in the work and working hard from what I hear so Edwards can ride the pine and see what if any other team looks his way.

    In the same way I was a bit surprised to see that AP was also missing!
    Purple till i die

  5. #15
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re:With Edwards away, Robison gets a look

    Mark_The_Viking wrote:
    For me being at camp is a big pointer to the attitude a player has towards his work ethic, his applcation to the team and his attitude. Ray Edwards probably thinks what he did last year is enough to make him No1 regardless. I don't think the FO will see it that way.

    Robison is putting in the work and working hard from what I hear so Edwards can ride the pine and see what if any other team looks his way.

    In the same way I was a bit surprised to see that AP was also missing!
    So should Dumerville be relegated to the Pine? How about Revis?

    Heck, I remember when Whinny tried this and I hacked on him about not being here. Some of the same people who are hacking on Edwards stuck up for Whinny my friend.

    Seems we might have more than one double standard going on around here.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,061

    Re:With Edwards away, Robison gets a look

    Marrdro wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    The fourth-year player came in five to 10 pounds heavier than he was last year and feels as if he is in "the best shape of his life." He said he has been focusing on honing his pass-rushing skills, especially against play-action passes.
    With Edwards away, Robison gets a look

    Holy Shit, he wasn't working on his run stopping ability? What good is he?
    According to a few on here, absolutely nothing. He only gets his stats because of the other 3 playing next to him. :silly:

    Heck, truth be told, there are several on here who think he is being an ass about the contract dispute, when in fact there are alot of players voicing thier displeasure in the same fashion. Heck a couple of them might not even sign thier tender.
    That means that the other players are being arses, as well.

    These guys get tendered on levels. If they don't get snatched away on that tender level, then they're obviously supposed to fall into that salary category.

    They can disagree all they want, but this stuff is in the CBA, which I'm pretty sure that NFLPA agreed to at that time.

    Next to that, what kind of ridiculous numbers are we arguing about, anyway? I don't have Ray's numbers, but a guy like Tramon Williams hasn't signed, while he makes 3.5 million or so if he signs his tender, only to come up for a new contract next year.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf


  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,061

    Re:With Edwards away, Robison gets a look

    Marrdro wrote:
    Mark_The_Viking wrote:
    For me being at camp is a big pointer to the attitude a player has towards his work ethic, his applcation to the team and his attitude. Ray Edwards probably thinks what he did last year is enough to make him No1 regardless. I don't think the FO will see it that way.

    Robison is putting in the work and working hard from what I hear so Edwards can ride the pine and see what if any other team looks his way.

    In the same way I was a bit surprised to see that AP was also missing!
    So should Dumerville be relegated to the Pine? How about Revis?

    Heck, I remember when Whinny tried this and I hacked on him about not being here. Some of the same people who are hacking on Edwards stuck up for Whinny my friend.

    Seems we might have more than one double standard going on around here.
    Are Dumerville and Revis as easily replacable as Edwards?

    A guy like Edwards needs to be knocked back into reality. He has no leverage, while a guy like Dumerville is the entire pass rush in Denver.

    There are a couple of guys holding out now who have absolutely no reason to (if you ask me, none of the guys have a good reason, but hey).

    Ray Edwards, Atari Bigby, Johnny Jolly.... Those guys should've signed when they got their offers. And two of them still haven't signed. There's really nothing to gain but a big salary reduction for them.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf


  8. #18
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,815

    Re:With Edwards away, Robison gets a look

    Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Mark_The_Viking wrote:
    For me being at camp is a big pointer to the attitude a player has towards his work ethic, his applcation to the team and his attitude. Ray Edwards probably thinks what he did last year is enough to make him No1 regardless. I don't think the FO will see it that way.

    Robison is putting in the work and working hard from what I hear so Edwards can ride the pine and see what if any other team looks his way.

    In the same way I was a bit surprised to see that AP was also missing!
    So should Dumerville be relegated to the Pine? How about Revis?

    Heck, I remember when Whinny tried this and I hacked on him about not being here. Some of the same people who are hacking on Edwards stuck up for Whinny my friend.

    Seems we might have more than one double standard going on around here.
    Are Dumerville and Revis as easily replacable as Edwards?

    A guy like Edwards needs to be knocked back into reality. He has no leverage, while a guy like Dumerville is the entire pass rush in Denver.

    There are a couple of guys holding out now who have absolutely no reason to (if you ask me, none of the guys have a good reason, but hey).

    Ray Edwards, Atari Bigby, Johnny Jolly.... Those guys should've signed when they got their offers. And two of them still haven't signed. There's really nothing to gain but a big salary reduction for them.
    You're probably right. Ray is learning that he maybe isn't all that, which is probably a bigger hit for him than not getting his dream pay day.

    He is expendable just like most of the players in the NFL, it's very important to know your true worth and have the right agent.

  9. #19
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re:With Edwards away, Robison gets a look

    Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    The fourth-year player came in five to 10 pounds heavier than he was last year and feels as if he is in "the best shape of his life." He said he has been focusing on honing his pass-rushing skills, especially against play-action passes.
    With Edwards away, Robison gets a look

    Holy Shit, he wasn't working on his run stopping ability? What good is he?
    According to a few on here, absolutely nothing. He only gets his stats because of the other 3 playing next to him. :silly:

    Heck, truth be told, there are several on here who think he is being an ass about the contract dispute, when in fact there are alot of players voicing thier displeasure in the same fashion. Heck a couple of them might not even sign thier tender.
    That means that the other players are being arses, as well.

    These guys get tendered on levels. If they don't get snatched away on that tender level, then they're obviously supposed to fall into that salary category.

    They can disagree all they want, but this stuff is in the CBA, which I'm pretty sure that NFLPA agreed to at that time.

    Next to that, what kind of ridiculous numbers are we arguing about, anyway? I don't have Ray's numbers, but a guy like Tramon Williams hasn't signed, while he makes 3.5 million or so if he signs his tender, only to come up for a new contract next year.
    Again, most get wrapped around the axel with respect to how much athletes make, but in reality, Ray, along with the rest of the 2006 class are being forced to accept substandard contracts because that is the way the agreement was written.

    I for one would be pissed, if I expected to get a long term deal, with gauranteed money, significantly more than what was being offered, and wound up only getting about 1/2 to 1/3 what I expected with no gaurantees for a long term future.

    Quick question.....

    If you were a "Tire Changer" and as a "Tire Changer" you came in on a entry level "Tire Changer" contract, worked damn hard through the life of that contract and then got ready to get a new "Tire Changer" contract commensurate
    with what other "Tire Changers" got for thier services only to be told that the "Tire Changer Company" and the "Tire Changer Union" were having a dispute over the bargaining agreement and to keep your job you would have to agree to sign a one year, below pay "Tire Changer" contract.

    What would you say?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #20
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re:With Edwards away, Robison gets a look

    Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Mark_The_Viking wrote:
    For me being at camp is a big pointer to the attitude a player has towards his work ethic, his applcation to the team and his attitude. Ray Edwards probably thinks what he did last year is enough to make him No1 regardless. I don't think the FO will see it that way.

    Robison is putting in the work and working hard from what I hear so Edwards can ride the pine and see what if any other team looks his way.

    In the same way I was a bit surprised to see that AP was also missing!
    So should Dumerville be relegated to the Pine? How about Revis?

    Heck, I remember when Whinny tried this and I hacked on him about not being here. Some of the same people who are hacking on Edwards stuck up for Whinny my friend.

    Seems we might have more than one double standard going on around here.
    Are Dumerville and Revis as easily replacable as Edwards?

    A guy like Edwards needs to be knocked back into reality. He has no leverage, while a guy like Dumerville is the entire pass rush in Denver.

    There are a couple of guys holding out now who have absolutely no reason to (if you ask me, none of the guys have a good reason, but hey).

    Ray Edwards, Atari Bigby, Johnny Jolly.... Those guys should've signed when they got their offers. And two of them still haven't signed. There's really nothing to gain but a big salary reduction for them.
    Your mixing apples and oranges.

    Dumerville deserves a bigger contract that Ray, but that doesn't alleviate the fact that Ray would in fact get alot bigger contract that what he is getting right now.

    I'm not going to do it cause someone has already done it, but if you match his production against others signed in the last 2 or 3 years, the Vikes are getting Ray on the cheap.

    Again, it isn't like Ray is asking to be paid top dollar like Revis. He is just asking to be paid what he deserves, and that payday, by the way, would also include gauranteed monies, he won't see if he is hurt this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Robison Wants Edwards To His Money And Move Out
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-24-2011, 11:48 PM
  2. Should Ray Edwards make way for Robison?
    By Mark_The_Viking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 04-11-2010, 04:35 PM
  3. Vikings DE Battle: Edwards or Robison?
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-17-2009, 11:00 AM
  4. Can I Get A Robison Sig Please?
    By dcboardr41 in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 02:22 PM
  5. Edwards, Robison emerging as draft bargains for Vikings
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-23-2007, 03:29 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •