Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

With Edwards away, Robison gets a look

The fourth-year player came in five to 10 pounds heavier than he was last year and feels as if he is in "the best shape of his life." He said he has been focusing on honing his pass-rushing skills, especially against play-action passes.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: With Edwards away, Robison gets a look

I think with the added weight, he could make a nice transition to LDE. There's not really much difference between the two.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    I think with the added weight, he could make a nice transition to LDE. There's not really much difference between the two.
    In to good a mood to take the multiple baits offered in that post.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    In to good a mood to take the multiple baits offered in that post.
    awww.. boo

go to the historical photos in history 2.0 thread then :P

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re:With Edwards away, Robison gets a look

Marrdro wrote:
    The fourth-year player came in five to 10 pounds heavier than he was last year and feels as if he is in "the best shape of his life." He said he has been focusing on honing his pass-rushing skills, especially against play-action passes.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Just remember that whatever happens and if BR gets more playing time over RE, he brought it on himself. He stands a chance to get a very nice payday next year. Personally it wouldn't bother me at all if he hindered that because of his actions and comments this year. He has to remember he has done nothing significant in the league other than having a great playoff game to make anyone even know who he is other than Viking fans. Even with that game, other people still don't know who he is. That's a lot of crying for someone that didn't even live up to his own expectations.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Edwards signs his tender...he is now under contract for 2010.

Ray Edwards Signs RFA Tender
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

VikingMike wrote:

I think he saw that Brian was getting reps with the first team, realized that he was kicking ass, and panicked. The WORST thing Ray Edwards can do for himself right now is NOT be in camp. If the Vikings figure out exactly how expendable he really is, his hopes of renegotiating are shot (I think they already are).

Ask people about the4 Purple People Eaters...everyone remembers Page, Eller, Marshall, and.....that other guy...

Ray Edwards, if he isn't careful, could become "that other guy".

Caine

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Caine wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:

I think he saw that Brian was getting reps with the first team, realized that he was kicking ass, and panicked. The WORST thing Ray Edwards can do for himself right now is NOT be in camp. If the Vikings figure out exactly how expendable he really is, his hopes of renegotiating are shot (I think they already are).

Ask people about the4 Purple People Eaters...everyone remembers Page, Eller, Marshall, and.....that other guy...

Caine
    The problem is he is "that other guy" already. That is why this ridiculous hold out did nothing for anyone except for to piss off the Viking FO and some of the fans.

He signed his tender because tomorrow was the deadline. He just decided to do it one day earlier than expected. Now when all is said and done who was hurt by this hold out? Any of the Ray Edwards apologists want to answer that question because truth be told, I'm completely baffled by it.

ejmat wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Just remember that whatever happens and if BR gets more playing time over RE, he brought it on himself. He stands a chance to get a very nice payday next year. Personally it wouldn't bother me at all if he hindered that because of his actions and comments this year. He has to remember he has done nothing significant in the league other than having a great playoff game to make anyone even know who he is other than Viking fans. Even with that game, other people still don't know who he is. That's a lot of crying for someone that didn't even live up to his own expectations.
    Think EG. If anyone gets more playing time that RE it will be him. A true LDE.

Caine wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:

Caine
    I think he saw the writing on the wall when they didn't give him a contract and they drafted a true LDE.

Again, I fear the staff is worried about giving him a long term contract because they fear he won't last the life of the contract.

In the end, Ray will leave and land with a team were he can shift back to his normal spot, RDE.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast