Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Eben Britton on his Visit with Vikings

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Interesting note in there.

Then I met with Rick Spielman, the vice president of player personnel. His job was to figure out a little bit more about me as a person.....
    Funny how some guy on here thinks he is the ultimate decider who plays on this team and who gets drafted.
    Don't put words in that cats mouth.
    I heard he gets real nasty when that happens......

Besides, he has always said that the Triad thingamajib is the process and stresses that it just isn't the Chiller who makes the decisions as some people contend. :
    You right it is not just Chilly and I have never heard anyone here say that.
    Comeon.

We have a whole plethora of chuckleheads on here who believe the Chiller is the one and only reason we don't have a QB, a viable option at RT, a WR who can get off the line clean as well as let a bunch of fan favorite players go.

If I was a butt head I would/could use the advanced search button and find them for you.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

Then I met with Rick Spielman, the vice president of player personnel. His job was to figure out a little bit more about me as a person.....
    Funny how some guy on here thinks he is the ultimate decider who plays on this team and who gets drafted.

Besides, he has always said that the Triad thingamajib is the process and stresses that it just isn't the Chiller who makes the decisions as some people contend. :
    Comeon.

We have a whole plethora of chuckleheads on here who believe the Chiller is the one and only reason we don't have a QB, a viable option at RT, a WR who can get off the line clean as well as let a bunch of fan favorite players go.

If I was a butt head I would/could use the advanced search button and find them for you.

;D
    Childress is pretty much to blame for our QB situation... which I don't even think is his worst debacle. His in-game decisions are what kill me.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

"C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

Comeon.

;D
    Childress is pretty much to blame for our QB situation... which I don't even think is his worst debacle. His in-game decisions are what kill me.
    Adequately articulated my friend.
    Although, I anticipate both issues will be nothing but a parting memory this year.

Better QB play, Better OL play etc will lead to a more consistent offense which will inturn take some of the guess work out of trying to sustain drives.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

slinkey is offline Pro-Bowler

That was a really good article with some great insight to the vikings inner workings.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

I found this old article from November that is interesting. Especially in light of their views of Britton.

Britton ranked second best OT and seventh best over all pick, last November.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=3686211
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    I'm liking this kid more and more.
    I just think that if we are to go after him, we should trade down a couple spots because I think he is a bit of a reach at 22.
    Plus, there will be alot of teams looking to grab a WR or RB if they were in our position so they very well may like to trade up to 22.

Britton is a smart kid who is saying all the right things.
    He seems like a hell of a guy who would fit in perfectly with this team.
    He has average strength
    He does?

Forceful run blocker
    Has the strength to lock up defender and seal him out of the play
    There's no doubt he has the size, strength and athleticism to become a solid tackle in the NFL
    Blessed with a tremendous wingspan to go with great size, Britton can overpower his opponent.
    http://warroom.sportingnews.com/nfl/draft/2009/players/8931.html
    http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/eben-britton?id=71219#player-profile-tab-set-1layer-profile-tab-analysis
    http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/projo-20090403-eben-britton.977ad55a.html

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"C" wrote:

So what you are saying is that you are against using a timeout to decide whether or not to challenge a play, challenging it anyway, then losing the challenge & a timeout, plus the original timeout?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Britton: "I would not be surprised with the Vikings"[/size]

Posted by Sean Jensen on April 23, 2009 3:07 PM

twincities.com

In an interview with the Tucson Citizen, Arizona offensive tackle Eben Britton indicated that he could end up a Viking....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Britton: "I would not be surprised with the Vikings"[/size]

Posted by Sean Jensen on April 23, 2009 3:07 PM

twincities.com

In an interview with the Tucson Citizen, Arizona offensive tackle Eben Britton indicated that he could end up a Viking....

Thanks for the read my friend.

Curious thing......

“I really had a good understanding of where coach (Brad) Childress is coming from and what he wants.
    He's been on Sirius alot this year.
    Kindof seems they are tracking him a bit and he has said this about several teams that he has visisted with alot of emphasis on how he loved SD's locker room, its facilities and how they made him feel like he was a Charger already.

Seems the boy knows how to market himself.
    ;D

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

[size=13pt]Peter King MONDAY MORNING QB[/size]

Quote of the Week I

"Every team that passed on me will regret it for the rest of the history of their franchise.'
    --Tackle Eben Britton, drafted 39th overall by the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Just shut and play...now I'm glad we didn't get this clown.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast