Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33
  1. #11
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910

    Re: Eben Britton on his Visit with Vikings

    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    I'm liking this kid more and more.
    I just think that if we are to go after him, we should trade down a couple spots because I think he is a bit of a reach at 22.
    Plus, there will be alot of teams looking to grab a WR or RB if they were in our position so they very well may like to trade up to 22.


    Britton is a smart kid who is saying all the right things.
    He seems like a hell of a guy who would fit in perfectly with this team.
    He is the 6th rank player at his position.
    He has average strenght and he is slow footed.
    With the 22nd pick. We can get a 3 top WR, Top 3 corner, Top Saftey, Top 3 LB, Top 3 DT....
    Britton is a round 3 caliber player but will be pushed into the 1st or 2nd round because of a mad rush on OTs. Just say no!

  2. #12
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: Eben Britton on his Visit with Vikings

    I kinda agree with Kevin on this one, I guess it all comes down to how good they feel about Britton. Obviously we don't have very much game tape to see so thats limited. If he's not ranked as high as the CB's and WR's when its our pick, I say take one of them or trade down.

    I do know that Britton is a real leader, plays with a motor, and plays focused(Very few penalties). He's a good run blocker and doesn't have the quickest feet so RT is a better fit. If he projected as a LT his value would be much higher. I think he's going to be a real good player at RT.

  3. #13
    oaklandzoo24's Avatar
    oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,897

    Re: Eben Britton on his Visit with Vikings

    The only reason he would be considered a 3rd round pick is because of how much talent there is at the OT position in this draft.
    In another draft, he very well may be a top 2 or 3 OT.
    I would like to grab a WR too but Im just saying I wouldn't mind Britton as long as we trade down a bit.
    I agree he is not worth pick 22 in this draft.
    But I do think he is a much safer pick than taking a WR, we haven't had much luck drafting them.
    He just seems like at worst he would be a solid player.
    I dont think he will be a bust.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

    [img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

  4. #14
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910

    Re: Eben Britton on his Visit with Vikings

    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    The only reason he would be considered a 3rd round pick is because of how much talent there is at the OT position in this draft.
    In another draft, he very well may be a top 2 or 3 OT.
    I would like to grab a WR too but Im just saying I wouldn't mind Britton as long as we trade down a bit.
    I agree he is not worth pick 22 in this draft.
    But I do think he is a much safer pick than taking a WR, we haven't had much luck draftinm.
    He just seems like at worst he would be a solid player.
    I dont think he will be a bust.
    I think we have had alright luck drafting WRs. We fell in love with TW and that was a mistake, a similar mistake the Fins 2 years ago. Our issue is we seem to love drafting WRs late and are left scrating our noggins when they don't do anything. Start investing some real pics into some players with real talent at a position ad fix the position for a long time. At least draft someone with prototypical size and speed.

    Bitt will be a nice early second 2nd round pick, if we can and extra 3rd out of a team for him.

  5. #15
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Eben Britton on his Visit with Vikings

    Strengths and Weaknesses

    http://warroom.sportingnews.com/nfl/draft/2009/players/8931.html

  6. #16
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Eben Britton on his Visit with Vikings

    "marstc09" wrote:
    Interesting note in there.

    Then I met with Rick Spielman, the vice president of player personnel. His job was to figure out a little bit more about me as a person.....
    Funny how some guy on here thinks he is the ultimate decider who plays on this team and who gets drafted.
    Don't put words in that cats mouth.
    I heard he gets real nasty when that happens......

    Besides, he has always said that the Triad thingamajib is the process and stresses that it just isn't the Chiller who makes the decisions as some people contend. :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #17
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Eben Britton on his Visit with Vikings

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    Who Spielman? Spielman is director of Player Personall, he definitly has a say, so does Childress.
    Actual George Paton is the Director.
    Titles, gotta lovem especially when you couple them with "Roles and Responsibilities".

    Paton’s primary focus is coordinate scouting and personnel functions within the Vikings Pro Scouting Department and lend his expertise to the College Scouting Department as they prepare for the anual NFL Draft. Paton will work closely with his former Miami and Chicago protege, Vikings Vice President of Player Personnel Rick Spielman
    In his current role, Brzezinski works closely with Head Coach Brad Childress and Vice President of Player Personnel Rick Spielman on football-related strategic planning and roster decisions. Brzezinski is also responsible for management and strategic planning of the salary cap, negotiation of player contracts, football operations and administration, team operations, medical and training staff, equipment, video, and player development. He has also represented the Vikings at the League meetings.
    Spielman begins his 19th season as an NFL executive with his fourth franchise in 2009. Spielman assumed the Vikings’ Vice President of Player Personnel role on May 30, 2006 and will be responsible for overseeing the Vikings’ pro and college scouting departments.
    http://www.vikings.com/TeamFrontOffi...rge_paton.aspx
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #18
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Eben Britton on his Visit with Vikings

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    I'm liking this kid more and more.
    I just think that if we are to go after him, we should trade down a couple spots because I think he is a bit of a reach at 22.
    Plus, there will be alot of teams looking to grab a WR or RB if they were in our position so they very well may like to trade up to 22.


    Britton is a smart kid who is saying all the right things.
    He seems like a hell of a guy who would fit in perfectly with this team.
    He is the 6th rank player at his position.
    He has average strenght and he is slow footed.
    With the 22nd pick. We can get a 3 top WR, Top 3 corner, Top Saftey, Top 3 LB, Top 3 DT....
    Britton is a round 3 caliber player but will be pushed into the 1st or 2nd round because of a mad rush on OTs. Just say no!
    AMEN. He is nowhere near BPA.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  9. #19
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Eben Britton on his Visit with Vikings

    "V" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    I'm liking this kid more and more.
    I just think that if we are to go after him, we should trade down a couple spots because I think he is a bit of a reach at 22.
    Plus, there will be alot of teams looking to grab a WR or RB if they were in our position so they very well may like to trade up to 22.


    Britton is a smart kid who is saying all the right things.
    He seems like a hell of a guy who would fit in perfectly with this team.
    He is the 6th rank player at his position.
    He has average strenght and he is slow footed.
    With the 22nd pick. We can get a 3 top WR, Top 3 corner, Top Saftey, Top 3 LB, Top 3 DT....
    Britton is a round 3 caliber player but will be pushed into the 1st or 2nd round because of a mad rush on OTs. Just say no!
    AMEN. He is nowhere near BPA.
    Third round though?
    Not a chance.
    He could fall out of the first round, but there is no way in hell he falls to day 2.
    Even if he is the 6th ranked OT (I have seen him ranked higher) he is still entering a draft where a LOT of teams need OT help.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #20
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Eben Britton on his Visit with Vikings

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Interesting note in there.

    Then I met with Rick Spielman, the vice president of player personnel. His job was to figure out a little bit more about me as a person.....
    Funny how some guy on here thinks he is the ultimate decider who plays on this team and who gets drafted.
    Don't put words in that cats mouth.
    I heard he gets real nasty when that happens......

    Besides, he has always said that the Triad thingamajib is the process and stresses that it just isn't the Chiller who makes the decisions as some people contend. :
    You right it is not just Chilly and I have never heard anyone here say that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Troup (DT) to visit Vikings (Possible 3rd rnd)
    By cogitans in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 11:51 AM
  2. NFL Draft Q&A: Arizona OT Eben Britton
    By VikingMike in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-20-2009, 08:08 AM
  3. Maroney, three others visit Vikings
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-12-2006, 11:40 PM
  4. Vikings Visit yet another FB.
    By UndisputedVike in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-20-2006, 11:54 PM
  5. Visit to Vikings Office
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-21-2005, 03:45 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •