Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Early Mock Drafts

"midgensa" wrote:
    The Ginn talk is not right under almost all of these mocks. I see a lot of Johnson ... and see a lot of like!
    I saw the same.
    Also alot of these don't even have the draft order correct yet.

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

Who do some of the mocks say we pick 8th?
    I thought we had 7th pick.
    If we picked CJ I would be happy even though I want to draft defense.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"PurpleGator" wrote:
    Who do some of the mocks say we pick 8th?
    I thought we had 7th pick.
    If we picked CJ I would be happy even though I want to draft defense.
    We do have the 7th pick.
    So - when you see a mock draft which shows the Vikings at #8, you should judge the rest of the "knowledge" in that mock draft based on the author being too stupid to get his facts right.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Haven't seen much on Ginn at #7.
    Most have him lower half of first round.
    I do see alot that have us taking Johnson or Jarrett at #7

1. Oakland- Brady Quinn- QB- Notre Dame
    Offense begins and ends with the guy behind the center. Brooks and Walter simply are not getting it done. Quinn will be an instant upgrade.
    2. Detroit- Brian Brohm- QB- Louisville
    If he decides to enter the draft, he has the leadership and the moxie to be a great pick here to improve the Lion’s offensive attack.
    3. Cleveland- Joe Thomas- OT- Wisconsin
    The Browns need help on the O-line and protection for Frye’s blindside.
    4. Tampa Bay- Calvin Johnson- WR- Georgia Tech
    Will step in immediately and give Simms a go-to receiver to complement Clayton.
    5. Arizona- Justin Blaylock- OL- Texas
    The biggest need for the Cardinals is the O-line. The versatile Blaylock will immediately improve the line play and help the Cardinals’ great skill players.
    6. Washington- Gaines Adams- DE- Clemson
    Andre Carter did not play as well as expected this past season. A pass rusher off the edge is a must to improve the Redskins’ D.
    7. Minnesota- Dwayne Jarrett- WR- USC
    Jarrett’s performance in the Rose Bowl proves that he belongs in the top ten, and Minnesota needs to upgrade a poor WR corps.

or

#1 Oakland (2-14)-Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame
    Oakland can go any position with this pick, but if Oakland wants to start winning, they need a franchise quarterback.

#2 Detroit (3-13)-JaMarcus Russell QB LSU
    I really thought about Joe Thomas, but Kitna is not the solution in Detroit, and Russell might be a better QB than Brady Quinn, with the weapons he has, Detroit could finally have a great offense.

#3 Cleveland (4-12)**-Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin
    The biggest problem for the Browns was the injuries to the offensive line. With Joe Thomas on the board, and maybe the best player in the draft, the Browns would love drafting him in April.

#4 Tampa Bay (4-12)**-Gaines Adams DE Clemson
    No matter what position on the line, the Bucs need a defensive force. Why not get the best defensive player on the line Gaines Adams who would pile up huge sacks for a team that missed Warren Sapp's intensity.

#5 Arizona (5-11)-Laron Landy S LSU
    With Thomas off the board, and no linebackers worth the #5 pick, Arizona will go to their 3rd need, secondary. The Cardinals drafted Rolle a few years back, but other than that, the have no young guns to stop wide receivers.

#6 Washington (5-11)-Alan Branch DT Michigan
    Washington will go defense with their first pick, and with Adams off the board, they will take the Jr. Branch to bolster that defense who will be able to help stop the run.

#7 Minnesota (6-10)-Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech
    Even though they had to do it, trading Moss really hurt the Vikings. Troy Williamson hasn't filled that hole so why not draft a WR who can and give Jackson another weapon.

I really hope the second scenario works out but think Jarrett would be a good fit.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Hail redskins has some new drafts

http://www.hailredskins.com/MockDraft.htm

The one from Q.I sports for 1/10/07 has some
    highlight reels.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

1800CULPEPPER is offline Starter

"ec179299" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "THEBIGDADDY" wrote:
    Most I have seen have us taking Ted Ginn WR from Ohio State.
    I have yet to see him being picked even once by the Vikings, except by a few people's mocks that are members of a forum. Hardly most. Where are you finding the mock drafts? Do you have links?

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/mock_draft.htm

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

http://www.draftking.com/nfl/2007/mockdraft.shtml

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nflmockdraft.html

http://football.about.com/cs/nfldraft/a/bl_mockdraft_2.htm

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2007/mockdraft_dimon.cfm

http://www.hailredskins.com/MockDraft.htm

I havent seen that either...THANK GOD! Ginn with the 7th pick????
    You dont take a glorified punt returner with the 7th pick.
    We have taken less with the 7th pick. We just didn't know it then. Either way I don't want him unless we can pick him up in a later round. I don't think he will be there in the later rounds though.
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it!!

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

alot of scenerios some good some not so good. I honestly would not be surprised if the Vikes moved down to pick up more players or Picks. With possibly Garret and Johnson still sitting there. Some one could easily leapfrog over the Vikes and snatch him up. Leaving the Vikes with no choice but to move down

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

I've seen a few that have Calvin Johnson falling to us...based on the teams ahead of us needs.
    From what everyone is saying, a WR with his potential hasn't been seen in some time...we can only hope.

If he's not there, I think there is a good chance we'll go for a DE...there will be other WRs to pick from in later rounds, and sacks/pressure seems to be our biggest problem with the whole passD.
    I wouldn't mind seeing DE in the first, and WR in multiple later rounds...if you take 3, you'd like to think at least one will work out for you!!

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"mountainviking" wrote:
    I've seen a few that have Calvin Johnson falling to us...based on the teams ahead of us needs.
    From what everyone is saying, a WR with his potential hasn't been seen in some time...we can only hope.

If he's not there, I think there is a good chance we'll go for a DE...there will be other WRs to pick from in later rounds, and sacks/pressure seems to be our biggest problem with the whole passD.
    I wouldn't mind seeing DE in the first, and WR in multiple later rounds...if you take 3, you'd like to think at least one will work out for you!!

SKOL VIKINGS!!!!
    We could end up getting ridiculed as much as Detroit has been with their fetish for WRs....except it would be DEs if we take another one this draft...Udeze, Scott, James, Edwards.
    Once we get James back and Ray Edwards has another year to develop, we will be just fine at DE.
    I would prefer taking LaRon Landry at S if the two top WRs are gone...or even Peterson at RB if he isn't gone.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12