Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Eagles trade for Bills Left tackle Peters

Mark Tauscher please.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:
    Yeah..they still have one first left but I don't seem them using it for a trade. I actually thought Philly would be the team to get Boldin.
    rumors are that the cowboys might try and land him...

either way, i'm mad we could have gotten our tackle if we had tried to trade for peters...
    Do we actually know that the Vikings didn't try and trade for him.
    Just a thought.
    Also, this might indicate that we aren't sold on going OT in the first round.
    Or there could be issue with Big Mac moving to the right - do we even know if he can play RT, or if he would?

There is alot that goes into stuff like this, so I am not too worked up over it.
    Good post.
    Another thing alot of folks dont realize is that perhaps the player dont want to play for the Vikings?
    I see people pissing and moaning all the time about the team not going after certain players and it is actually a bit silly.
    Not every player wants to come and play in Minnesota, just ask Housh.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:
    Yeah..they still have one first left but I don't seem them using it for a trade. I actually thought Philly would be the team to get Boldin.

either way, i'm mad we could have gotten our tackle if we had tried to trade for peters...
    Just a thought.
    Or there could be issue with Big Mac moving to the right - do we even know if he can play RT, or if he would?

There is alot that goes into stuff like this, so I am not too worked up over it.
    Quit injecting reality into the minds of the masses my friend.

By the way, I put a wee bit of work into my mock that just went to shit, back to the drawing board (spreadsheet)........Damn I love this time of the year.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"PackSux!" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:

Just a thought.

Good post.
    Another thing alot of folks dont realize is that perhaps the player dont want to play for the Vikings?
    I see people pissing and moaning all the time about the team not going after certain players and it is actually a bit silly.
    Not every player wants to come and play in Minnesota, just ask Housh.
    Great point, however, when a player is under contract, very few have a "No Trade" clause meaning, they go were they are sent.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

[size=13pt]Scout questions new Eagle Peters[/size]

A league scout offered a less flattering portrayal of Jason Peters. "He has the tools, and there are times that he looks like a Pro Bowl tackle," the scout said. "I just don't see it all the time."
    Peters allowed 111/2 sacks, more than any other left tackle in the NFL. He also missed the team's last two games with a knee injury. "I know early on he wasn't as sharp as he was the year before," the scout said. "It took a little while for him to get his legs back under him. I'm sure the contract had to be a distraction. I'm sure the Eagles are hoping a new contract will make him happy and productive again."
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:

I did find this. No proof but interesting.

Britton played right and left tackle in college, and his athleticism has many teams intrigued. His ability to play either side should endear him to the Vikings, because they have often considered moving Bryant McKinnie to the right side, but just haven’t found a player who could offset his abilities.
    http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2009/04/08/2009-nfl-gridiron-gab%E2%80%99s-mock-draft-80-two-rounds-included/

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    Mark Tauscher please.
    +1

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

"marstc09" wrote:
    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    Mark Tauscher please.
    +1
    +2

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:

I did find this. No proof but interesting.

Britton played right and left tackle in college, and his athleticism has many teams intrigued. His ability to play either side should endear him to the Vikings, because they have often considered moving Bryant McKinnie to the right side, but just haven’t found a player who could offset his abilities.
    http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2009/04/08/2009-nfl-gridiron-gab%E2%80%99s-mock-draft-80-two-rounds-included/

Like it..but now with talk of the Lions taking an OT, that leaves us with less of a chance of getting him.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

duvaldomo is offline Coach

"Å*nowbowler" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "oaklandzoo24" wrote:
    Mark Tauscher please.
    +1
    +2
    +3

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast