Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Eaglesí Quarterback Muddle and Mystery

Eaglesí Quarterback Muddle and Mystery
    The more I dwell on it, the more convinced I am that I wouldn't mind seeing DNabb in Purple and Gold.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Eaglesí Quarterback Muddle and Mystery

The Vikings have historically choked while trying to get the job done. No Super Bowl victories. At the most simplistic level, do the Vikings really need a QB that has choked in the big games so often that he is one of the only reasons the Vikings even have an example of a team that has choked more often in the big games in recent years? That alone makes me hesitant in having McNabb on the team. But, when I think of what we have to work with post-Favre, it would be an upgrade at the position. I'm torn.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Prophet wrote:
    The Vikings have historically choked while trying to get the job done. No Super Bowl victories. At the most simplistic level, do the Vikings really need a QB that has choked in the big games so often that he is one of the only reasons the Vikings even have an example of a team that has choked more often in the big games in recent years? That alone makes me hesitant in having McNabb on the team. But, when I think of what we have to work with post-Favre, it would be an upgrade at the position. I'm torn.
    I hear ya, and that was my exact position going into the whole look at him.

Problem is (or not so much a problem), look at his supporting cast over there.

I think you plug that cat into this offense and I think it would/could go to another whole level. Think about it, wasn't this offense really made/designed to be most effective if you had a RB people respected along with a mobile QB who could bootlegg out off of the playaction fake?

I think ole Dnabb is to that point in his career were he would rather sit back in the pocket and pick the D apart, but if necessary, he sure can get the wheels going.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Prophet wrote:

I think you plug that cat into this offense and I think it would/could go to another whole level. Think about it, wasn't this offense really made/designed to be most effective if you had a RB people respected along with a mobile QB who could bootlegg out off of the playaction fake?

I think ole Dnabb is to that point in his career were he would rather sit back in the pocket and pick the D apart, but if necessary, he sure can get the wheels going.
    I would support him if he inked. I am really hoping though, against my better judgement, that TJack rises to the challenge.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

KevinK is offline Starter

Great article that puts more hope into our QB problems. Even if Brett Favre comes back I want a chance to get another QB in the draft. Unless Chilly expects to grab McNabb in 2011.

I actually think this may happen. Favre one more year and McNabb down the road.

But.... lets get a qb in atleast the second round.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

no MCNABB!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Prophet wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Prophet wrote:

I would support him if he inked. I am really hoping though, against my better judgement, that TJack rises to the challenge.
    I'm rarely optimistic, but I have a real gut feeling that he will. I can't explain it, I just think the guy has it in him.

Mr Anderson wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Prophet wrote:

I'm rarely optimistic, but I have a real gut feeling that he will. I can't explain it, I just think the guy has it in him.
    Don't get me wrong, I am all onboard the TJ Express if it happens this year or next, but if, the staff doesn't think the way I do, then I wouldn't be apposed to the signing of the DNabb expresssssss.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Vick will be out, Kolb will take over for McNabb when he gets hurt again.
    We're bringing purple back.

gregair13 wrote:
    Vick will be out, Kolb will take over for McNabb when he gets hurt again.
    This is probably closest to the way it will happen. If Dnabb does go down this year, I would almost be willing to bet he won't be back the next year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast