Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Eagles FA's and UFA's.....Does Childress try to bring an

From an interview with Childress;

Q: Have you talked to Andy about people you might bring over from his staff?

A: I have and we have a dialogue that's been going on for a couple of years.

Q: And what's his reaction?

A: In a couple words...get your own guys!

:lol: Reid sounds pissed!

http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_OBJECTNAME_QAwithChildress1606.html

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    From an interview with Childress;

Q: Have you talked to Andy about people you might bring over from his staff?

A: I have and we have a dialogue that's been going on for a couple of years.

Q: And what's his reaction?

A: In a couple words...get your own guys!

:lol: Reid sounds pissed!

http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_OBJECTNAME_QAwithChildress1606.html
    Is that really a couple of years of dialouge?? He proabably was joking, but now he is probably pissed. They probably had to talk about it the last two season, after his previous interviews. Atleast Reid knows what to expect and should have in mind some replacements.

Q: What is your first step? Where do you go from here?
    A: I move to speak to these assistants here and start formulating the staff. I have spoken to some people. I just saw Steve Loney upstairs, but I'll have a chance to talk face-to-face with all of these guys. This business is a tough business, you know, sometimes you keep people and sometimes you can't keep people. Everybody knows the drill. I think there is a certain amount of compassion involved in that. I've been on the other end of that and I'm sensitive to it, but at the same token we need to get a first rate staff in here.
    If anyone wants insight on how this feels from a family perspective, go to www.nfl.com and look in the right column under videos in the free video's pull down menu for......

Jennifer Allens take on her fathers Firings - yes plural.

I originally saw this on Mon or Tues on NFL TA.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Eagles FA's and UFA's.....Does Childress try to bring any in

John Runyan has been holding his own against Michael Strahan for several seasons now. He could easily do the same against Ogunleye, Kampman, and the like. I doubt the Eagles will let him go since they brought him in for a specific purpose, but then again we have more cap room and of course Childress may have some pull. It would be a huge step in solidifying our line.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    John Runyan has been holding his own against Michael Strahan for several seasons now. He could easily do the same against Ogunleye, Kampman, and the like. I doubt the Eagles will let him go since they brought him in for a specific purpose, but then again we have more cap room and of course Childress may have some pull. It would be a huge step in solidifying our line.
    Man I be that is like stabbing his friend in the back trying to take players away from Andy.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Runyan is pretty old and one dimensional. He isn't much of a pass blocker. I would rather have Marcus start there next year and have Rosenthal as a backup.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

One Viking to Keep and a position I hope Childress won't have to worry about, I hope we can keep Dvonte Edwards.

Nice article form vikings.com, a get to know article so to speak. He sounds like he has a good work ethic.

Author: Mike Wobschall

One pleasant surprise for the Vikings this season was the play of rookie defensive back Devonte Edwards. Throughout the course of this season, Edwards emerged as a contributor on defense and special teams. You may remember Edwards most for his 51-yard interception return for a touchdown against Brett Favre and the Green Bay Packers on Monday Night Football. Edwards also had two tackles during that game at Lambeau Field. The interception helped the Vikings claim a 20-17 victory over the Packers in week 11.

"That play is definitely the highlight of the season for me," Edwards said. "Taking your first pick to the house is what you dream about."

Coming into the season Edwards knew he would have to earn any playing time that would come his way.

"I knew the bulk of my time would be on special teams. Being the headhunter on punts is one of the toughest positions in the league, and I just wanted to work hard at it and earn some playing time," Edwards said.

"I knew I was capable of playing in this league. I just needed an opportunity to show that, and I knew I would have to earn that opportunity.

Edwards has improved tremendously over the course of this season, especially as a defensive player.

"I think I have better recognition of offenses and my awareness is better," Edwards commented. "Sitting in meetings with coaches has helped me along, and I've been able to learn from guys like Darren Sharper, who is the ultimate professional and Cory Chavous, who is a very smart player and a film junkie."

Edwards attended North Carolina State University, the same school fellow defensive back Brian Williams attended. At NCSU, Edwards was four-year letterwinner, playing wide receiver and cornerback, as well as returning punts. Edwards was also a standout basketball player in high school. He played in NBA Players Association tournaments against current NBA starts Amare Stoudamire and Eddie Curry.

Edwards was signed by the Vikings on April 25, 2005.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

That's my boy Dovonte from NC State!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I love Dovonte, hes a really young promising CB. He could end up like Deangelo Hall for the Falcons, good rookie season, glimpses of potential.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    Do you think Childress might try to bring in any of the Eagles Free Agents or UFA's to play for the Vikes?....

Chad Lewis TE UFA
    Darnerian McCants WR UFA
    Dirk Johnson P RFA
    Jon Runyan OT UFA
    Jose Cortez PK UFA
    Juqua Thomas DE UFA
    Keith Adams LB UFA
    Lamar Gordon RB UFA
    N.D. Kalu DE UFA
    Quintin Mikell S RFA
    Reno Mahe RB RFA
    Roderick Hood CB RFA
    Zeke Moreno LB UFA

Jon Runyan might not be a bad one to look at....
    Bring in Jose Cortez. He is a stud.

for me to poop on
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

duffVIkEs is offline Pro-Bowler

LOL olson, gotta lough a triumph quote!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast