Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

Eagles eyeing Ray Edwards, report says

I Hope the eagles get him, cuz id luv to take their 1st round pick. but then again i hope the saints dont get him, cuz thats pretty much a 2nd round pick.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Eagles eyeing Ray Edwards, report says

Sajid28 wrote:
    I Hope the eagles get him, cuz id luv to take their 1st round pick. but then again i hope the saints dont get him, cuz thats pretty much a 2nd round pick.
    I hope we don't loose him.

On a side note, in the other thread on this topic I mused that the FO pukes were dangling him in the hopes of getting a top 15 pick.

I am sure they aren't happy with the Iggles and Ain'ts sniffing about. Probably match any offer the Aints put up.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Reason number two: Edwards doesnít have to sign his tender offer from the Vikings.

Thatís right Minnesota, Mr. Edwards actually has leverage. Not the way this was supposed to go.

Whoops!

Thanks to everybodyís best friend (at least for most of us here at MSF) Vikings beat writer for the Star Tribune Judd Zulgad (@JuddZulgad), I learned of this nightmare situation. Basically it means that Edwards can ignore the Vikings offer and accept an offer from another team, such as Philadelphia.

If Philadelphia signs Edwards to a first and third round tender, that means in order for Minnesota to bring him back they would have to surrender their draft picks to Philadelphia. Not the way it should be.
    Ray Edwards Might Teach Vikings a Tough Lesson in Free Agency

All right all you smart cats, how the hell can that happen?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Judd's article the author referenced....

Soon, it might be Edwards' turn

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:

That column doesn't say anything of the sort (the bit about the Vikings having to send picks to Philadelphia if Edwards doesn't sign the tender).

I'll try to do some research on what happens if he doesn't sign the tender.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

That column doesn't say anything of the sort (the bit about the Vikings having to send picks to Philadelphia if Edwards doesn't sign the tender).

I'll try to do some research on what happens if he doesn't sign the tender.

=Z=
    It left me scratching my head as well. Not sure what the heck he was talking about.

Additionally, I search and can't find anything on any other article that says this could happen.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Marrdro wrote:
    Reason number two: Edwards doesnít have to sign his tender offer from the Vikings.

Thatís right Minnesota, Mr. Edwards actually has leverage. Not the way this was supposed to go.

Whoops!

Thanks to everybodyís best friend (at least for most of us here at MSF) Vikings beat writer for the Star Tribune Judd Zulgad (@JuddZulgad), I learned of this nightmare situation. Basically it means that Edwards can ignore the Vikings offer and accept an offer from another team, such as Philadelphia.

If Philadelphia signs Edwards to a first and third round tender, that means in order for Minnesota to bring him back they would have to surrender their draft picks to Philadelphia. Not the way it should be.

Wasn't the deadline for the rfa tender offers March 4th, how would the Eagles tender Edwards past the deadline?

Sure, the Vikings might be better off in the long run, but I just donít see Brian Robison and co. making next yearís team a better bet for the Super Bowl.

Brian Robison has done a terrific job in reserve. He is a pass rushing terror when cut loose on third and longs.

However, he has not held up well at the point of attack vs. the run, and has shown a tendency to lose a step when he plays more than a situational role.
    Edwards The Next D-Line Pro Bowler?

vikinggreg wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Whoops!

Wasn't the deadline for the rfa tender offers March 4th, how would the Eagles tender Edwards past the deadline?
    You bring up a good point. One would think that if they could do it, they would have done it under the deadline.

Hmmmmmmm, the plot thickens. :huh:

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Without reading the article, as I just read more than my eyes can handle, so I'm just too damn lazy.

I will say, its a firm maybe. It really depends on how our interior guys play next season. If they stay healthy and Pat plays well like he did towards the end of the season, I see no reason why not. However, he'll need to top his 8.5 sacks. That just won't do it. Yes, Sacks don't tell the whole story, but thats all fans in general care about. Since hurries and knockdowns aren't a readilly available and 'official' stat, it's tough to make a case for him.

However, his efforts vs. the Cowboys should really draw some attention to him. Playing well in primetime games is a sure way to get attention. But will it be enough?

If Favre comes back, I'm sure he'll be up there in fan vote. Hell, he and Peterson helped Tahi become a top fan vote FB just by association.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast