Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Dustin Keller

  1. #1
    SharperImage's Avatar
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,727

    Dustin Keller

    This guy is really impressing me.. 38' Vertical...4.51 40...nice body frame...he will defiantely be better than The "Stank Shank"

  2. #2
    KrackerJack's Avatar
    KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,502

    Re: Dustin Keller

    He's been very impressive, obvisouly a receiving TE..he doesn't block well from what i've been hearing on NFL Network...but man this guy has got some athletisism.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    224

    Re: Dustin Keller

    Im gonna have to keep an eye on him

  4. #4
    aaeyers's Avatar
    aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    436

    Re: Dustin Keller

    My favorite TE in the draft is Brad Cottam from Tennessee. He is probably the best blocker in the draft, and he a monster (6-8, 270+). He was never used much as a receiver at Tennessee, but he is also very athletic. I think he is going to be the best NFL TE in this draft.

    The problem is, the Vikings already have a log jam at TE, and unless they cut someone (probably would have to be Kleinsasser), it just doesn't make sense to draft a TE.

  5. #5
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,233

    Re: Dustin Keller

    "aaeyers" wrote:
    My favorite TE in the draft is Brad Cottam from Tennessee. He is probably the best blocker in the draft, and he a monster (6-8, 270+). He was never used much as a receiver at Tennessee, but he is also very athletic. I think he is going to be the best NFL TE in this draft.

    The problem is, the Vikings already have a log jam at TE, and unless they cut someone (probably would have to be Kleinsasser), it just doesn't make sense to draft a TE.
    Ran a 4.68 in the 40 and benched 225 24 times.

    He didn't play much his senior year but I watched him in one game and was very impressed.

  6. #6
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: Dustin Keller

    As much as I would like to see us get a TE, I think Childress will stick with Shancoe, he must improve though, he showed promise then faded at the end of the season. If we do draft a TE i think it will be later rounds.

  7. #7
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,233

    Re: Dustin Keller

    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    As much as I would like to see us get a TE, I think Childress will stick with Shancoe, he must improve though, he showed promise then faded at the end of the season. If we do draft a TE i think it will be later rounds.
    Cottam would be our replacement for Jimmy K, not shank dog.

  8. #8
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Dustin Keller

    "SharperImage" wrote:
    This guy is really impressing me.. 38' Vertical...4.51 40...nice body frame...he will defiantely be better than The "Stank Shank"
    Why would they draft a guy that isn't a complete TE?

    TE's in this scheme need to be able to block on first downs, block on second downs and then maybe if a WR doesn't get open on a short slant, he might get a ball thrown his way.

    Seriously (not a slam on SI) but what is the man love with respect to TE's and Vikings fans?

    Just not alot of play for them in this scheme.
    Sure you will see them get open a bit when/if we go 3 wide but you just aren't gonna see the middle exposed enough to warrant carrying a TE on this roster that can only catch.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #9
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: Dustin Keller

    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    As much as I would like to see us get a TE, I think Childress will stick with Shancoe, he must improve though, he showed promise then faded at the end of the season. If we do draft a TE i think it will be later rounds.
    Cottam would be our replacement for Jimmy K, not shank dog.
    Jimmy K is important to our running game as he is one of the best blocking TE's in the league. I don't think we are trying to replace him this year but you never know.

  10. #10
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,233

    Re: Dustin Keller

    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    As much as I would like to see us get a TE, I think Childress will stick with Shancoe, he must improve though, he showed promise then faded at the end of the season. If we do draft a TE i think it will be later rounds.
    Cottam would be our replacement for Jimmy K, not shank dog.
    Jimmy K is important to our running game as he is one of the best blocking TE's in the league. I don't think we are trying to replace him this year but you never know.
    The trick is replacing guys before they fall out, Jimmy is getting up there in age, and Cottam could be a much better all around TE than sauce.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Second Time Around - Dustin Fox
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-18-2006, 06:13 AM
  2. Dustin Fox
    By catlikethief22 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-02-2005, 09:54 PM
  3. B-will and dustin fox hurt in practice today
    By muchluv4smoot in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-04-2005, 01:16 AM
  4. Dustin "Air" fox signed
    By MNVikingGangsta in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-30-2005, 04:09 PM
  5. Dustin Fox
    By enlvikeman in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-27-2005, 02:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •