Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dustin Keller

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

Dustin Keller

This guy is really impressing me.. 38' Vertical...4.51 40...nice body frame...he will defiantely be better than The "Stank Shank"

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Dustin Keller

He's been very impressive, obvisouly a receiving TE..he doesn't block well from what i've been hearing on NFL Network...but man this guy has got some athletisism.

Im gonna have to keep an eye on him

aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler

My favorite TE in the draft is Brad Cottam from Tennessee. He is probably the best blocker in the draft, and he a monster (6-8, 270+). He was never used much as a receiver at Tennessee, but he is also very athletic. I think he is going to be the best NFL TE in this draft.

The problem is, the Vikings already have a log jam at TE, and unless they cut someone (probably would have to be Kleinsasser), it just doesn't make sense to draft a TE.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"aaeyers" wrote:
    My favorite TE in the draft is Brad Cottam from Tennessee. He is probably the best blocker in the draft, and he a monster (6-8, 270+). He was never used much as a receiver at Tennessee, but he is also very athletic. I think he is going to be the best NFL TE in this draft.

The problem is, the Vikings already have a log jam at TE, and unless they cut someone (probably would have to be Kleinsasser), it just doesn't make sense to draft a TE.
    Ran a 4.68 in the 40 and benched 225 24 times.

He didn't play much his senior year but I watched him in one game and was very impressed.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

As much as I would like to see us get a TE, I think Childress will stick with Shancoe, he must improve though, he showed promise then faded at the end of the season. If we do draft a TE i think it will be later rounds.

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    As much as I would like to see us get a TE, I think Childress will stick with Shancoe, he must improve though, he showed promise then faded at the end of the season. If we do draft a TE i think it will be later rounds.
    Cottam would be our replacement for Jimmy K, not shank dog.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"SharperImage" wrote:
    This guy is really impressing me.. 38' Vertical...4.51 40...nice body frame...he will defiantely be better than The "Stank Shank"
    Why would they draft a guy that isn't a complete TE?

TE's in this scheme need to be able to block on first downs, block on second downs and then maybe if a WR doesn't get open on a short slant, he might get a ball thrown his way.

Seriously (not a slam on SI) but what is the man love with respect to TE's and Vikings fans?

Just not alot of play for them in this scheme.
    Sure you will see them get open a bit when/if we go 3 wide but you just aren't gonna see the middle exposed enough to warrant carrying a TE on this roster that can only catch.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    Jimmy K is important to our running game as he is one of the best blocking TE's in the league. I don't think we are trying to replace him this year but you never know.

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    Jimmy K is important to our running game as he is one of the best blocking TE's in the league. I don't think we are trying to replace him this year but you never know.
    The trick is replacing guys before they fall out, Jimmy is getting up there in age, and Cottam could be a much better all around TE than sauce.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast