Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    davike is offline Team Alumni

Re: DT BUBBA has entered the draft.

"Purplexing" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    You gotta at least evaluate him to see if he is a possible lower-round steal.
    Do you mean EVERY time somebody mentions SOMEBODY as a potential STEAL, the Vikings must divert their attention from important matters, like free agent strategy, draft strategy, player contract renewals, etc. to STUDY each and every one of them, because there is a REMOTE poossibility one could become a good player?

If so, let me ask you to go out to your back yard to search through the grass on your hands and knees because someone may have dropped and lost a diamond ring, valuable watch, valuable gold Spanish Armada dabloon, or a Rogers Hornsby rookie baseball card... years ago.
    Don't stop to return to your home until you find something valuable.

Are you sure your not Zeus? Like laujesse said, we have a scouting department. It does not deal with contract renewals or free agency strategy or other important issues not involving talent scouting. So I suppose since they are free of all that they could make time and head down and just check this guy out to see if he could be a late round steal.....he has the physical attributes to be one.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

He's obviously a simpleton. But you can't teach size (or speed... i had to.) Gotta be a powerful mother too whats the avg # of benchs? Worth a look in the 6th or 7th round.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

I say take a chance in round 7. The more I see about him and who we have picked up in FA why not.

For N.F.L. Draft, the Biggest (XXXXXXL) Sleeper

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/25/sports/football/25nfl.html?pagewanted=1&ei=5088&en=02bfdbf3c3ebeef 0&ex=1335153600&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

[img width=400 height=213]http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/04/25/sports/25nfl.1.600.jpg[/img]

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Garland" wrote:
    I say take a chance in round 7. The more I see about him and who we have picked up in FA why not.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/25/sports/football/25nfl.html?pagewanted=1&ei=5088&en=02bfdbf3c3ebeef 0&ex=1335153600&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

[img width=400 height=213]http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/04/25/sports/25nfl.1.600.jpg[/img]
    I'd take him higher than a 7th. Otherwise he'll be gone by then. 5th round possibly. I'd rather give a shot to a player that has the potential to bring huge divedends, rather than draft a mediocre player who will be mediocre his entire career.

Guys of his size, speed & athleticism, don't come around very often.

His athleticism for as big as he is, reminds me of William "The Refrigerator" Perry.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:

I'd take him higher than a 7th. Otherwise he'll be gone by then. 5th round possibly. I'd rather give a shot to a player that has the potential to bring huge divedends, rather than draft a mediocre player who will be mediocre his entire career.

Guys of his size, speed & athleticism, don't come around very often.

His athleticism for as big as he is, reminds me of William "The Refrigerator" Perry.
    Except he dwarfs the fridge.

I just read that article, and it says he squats 800, and runs a 4.9. A guy who's 370 and that strong, if he stays low, and uses those legs, forget about it man, he will be unstoppable.

I'd take him in the 4th round if I could.

He's the one guy I really want in the draft.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

He's still available.

Maybe we should trade back into the 7th round and get him
    ;D

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Saints signed him as an undrafted rookie on Tuesday.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234