Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    laujesse is offline Starter

DT BUBBA has entered the draft.

My word...

[img width=241 height=400]http://bp2.blogger.com/_qjCoAi_O8oE/Rg11Ghldb4I/AAAAAAAAAGo/dqE0AF66V_s/s400/four.jpg[/img]

DT Walter Thomas from NORTHWEST MISSISSIPPI COMMUNITY COLLEGE turned in these numbers from Mississippi State's pro day.

Thomas (6-4 3/8, 374 pounds) ran his 40s in 5.11 and 5.27. He also had a 1.73 10-yard dash, 24½-inch vertical jump, 8-foot-4 long jump, 4.84 short shuttle, 7.76 three-cone drill, 27 bench presses and 11½-inch hands 27 bench.

These are amazing numbers for a 300lbs man. He is not even fat, not really in shape though... Think about him with a pro trainer and GAINING WEIGHT.

Dont know if he would be a fit for cover 2 but they said the same about Pat Williams.

http://bolthype.blogspot.com/2007/03/put-walter-thomas-on-your-radar.html

I want to read "Of Mice and Men" and I dont know why...
    Tom Powers < Hetero

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

Re: DT BUBBA has entered the draft.

2nd day pick id take him... give him a few years under pat to learn to use that size

Thanks josdin00

Del Rio is offline Coordinator

Why does he play at a community college?

Grades?
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

My posts are worth 6 of yours.

More info:

Walter Thomas
    6'3 7/8", 370 lbs, ridiculously athletic and powerful.

Draft Blog:
    This year in the 2007 NFL Draft there is a monster defensive tackle named Walter Thomas from Northwest Mississippi Community College (transferred from Oklahoma State. Thomas weighed 6' 5" 370 (height is incorrect - he's actually appx 6'3 7/8") pounds at the Texas vs. Nation All-Star game, and can reportedly run in 4.8-4.9 range. He was heavily recruited, but left Oklahoma State early in his college career. Thomas Played in only two games this year for his tiny Community College, but completely and utterly dominated those games with 16 tackles, 9 tackles for loss and 4 sacks. Thomas is only a junior, so this young man has a lot of upside. He has been all the talk recently among NFL Scouts, and I have even heard some say he could be drafted as early as the 5th round in the 2007 NFL Draft.

Yahoo:
    *NW Mississippi CC junior defensive tackle Walter Thomas plans to hold his pro day at Mississippi State, according to his head coach Randy Pippin, but is also in the process of soliciting the chance to work out at one of the three pro days held in the Houston Metro area (Houston, Rice or Texas Southern). The 6-3 1/4, 370-pound interior defender has drawn a lot of attention since initially hitting the scene at the Texas vs. the Nation All-Star Challenge last month. He showed very good quickness off the ball and balance for a player of his size and was much better in the 1-on-1 drills as his brute strength and raw skills jumped out at scouts. His position coach that week, Lance Botkin, said that Thomas has very good upside if he can continue to learn and make better use of his hands to shed blocks and drop down to the 350-355 pound range.

DraftDaddy Texas vs. Nation coverage:
    - Walter Thomas (DT - NW Mississippi CC) also had his daily share of astounding plays, absolutely destroying Jonathan Palmer (OL-Auburn) on one confrontation - Palmer has been one of the most outstanding OL all week.
    - Walter Thomas (NW Mississippi JC) still stood out when he did everything right. I interviewed Walter - he's a very shy kid who probably has no idea how much buzz he is creating.
    - Walter Thomas, DT, NW Mississippi CC - Unstoppable when he got a good push, showed a good spin move (!) and was astoundingly nimble for a guy his size (think Gabe Watson at his best during Senior Bowl practices last year - dancing bear). Seemed to tire, and then get second wind. Didn't excel on every play but was dominant when he did. Got lots of individual coaching and encouragement. Talk of the scouts in the stands. Jags practically drooling on him

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

[quoteThomas (6-4 3/8, 374 pounds) ran his 40s in 5.11 and 5.27. He also had a 1.73 10-yard dash, 24½-inch vertical jump, 8-foot-4 long jump, 4.84 short shuttle, 7.76 three-cone drill, 27 bench presses and 11½-inch hands 27 bench.
    ][/quote]

Anyone know were I can find something that list what typical numbers (Times/Wieght/Height etc) are for each position?

Take a look at the guns on this guy.
    WOW

Always remember, and never forget.
    Just because you don't know his name doesn't mean he can't play ball.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Looks like the boy ate his Weaties......and some bacon.....and some pancakes......and some twinkies.....and............

davike is offline Team Alumni

"laujesse" wrote:
    My word...

[img width=241 height=400]http://bp2.blogger.com/_qjCoAi_O8oE/Rg11Ghldb4I/AAAAAAAAAGo/dqE0AF66V_s/s400/four.jpg[/img]

DT Walter Thomas from NORTHWEST MISSISSIPPI COMMUNITY COLLEGE turned in these numbers from Mississippi State's pro day.

Thomas (6-4 3/8, 374 pounds) ran his 40s in 5.11 and 5.27. He also had a 1.73 10-yard dash, 24½-inch vertical jump, 8-foot-4 long jump, 4.84 short shuttle, 7.76 three-cone drill, 27 bench presses and 11½-inch hands 27 bench.

These are amazing numbers for a 300lbs man. He is not even fat, not really in shape though... Think about him with a pro trainer and GAINING WEIGHT.

Dont know if he would be a fit for cover 2 but they said the same about Pat Williams.

http://bolthype.blogspot.com/2007/03/put-walter-thomas-on-your-radar.html

I want to read "Of Mice and Men" and I dont know why...

I learned bunches about this guy just by looking at his picture....the most important thing being: Never get on his bad side.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Take this guy, for real.

He could learn under the best DT tandem in the NFL, and make it the best trio.

He's a monster, just look at his picture. 5.11 40, and a 1.73 in the first 10 is remarkable for someone who's 6'4 370. I was kind of shocked when I read he only did 27 bench reps, but if he works hard at it, he can get much stronger.

I would pull a TJack and draft this guy way earlier than we should have.

davike is offline Team Alumni

"Mr" wrote:
    Take this guy, for real.

He's a monster, just look at his picture. 5.11 40, and a 1.73 in the first 10 is remarkable for someone who's 6'4 370. I was kind of shocked when I read he only did 27 bench reps, but if he works hard at it, he can get much stronger.

I'm thinking Phat Pats replacement.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

"Mr" wrote:
    Take this guy, for real.

He comes across as very out of shape in terms of stamina, he only played two games of community college ball.......why?

Many questions surround this guy. I seriously wouldn't mind snagging him up in the later rounds. We need a replacement for Pat or they could even rotate in and out of the same game.

That is if this guy is any good. Being big helps but DT's have alot more responsibilities then just taking up space.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast