Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 131
  1. #21
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,204

    Re: Drew Brees to Minnesota???

    [size=18px]Vikings might wind up with San Diego's Brees[/size]

    Drew Brees, a free agent from the San Diego Chargers, could be the next Vikings quarterback. One reason it might happen is that Fran Foley, the new vice president of player personnel for the Vikings, had a great relationship with Brees when both were with the Chargers.

    Sid Hartman, Star Tribune
    Last update: March 04, 2006 – 10:27 PM


    Drew Brees, a free agent from the San Diego Chargers, could be the next Vikings quarterback. One reason it might happen is that Fran Foley, the new vice president of player personnel for the Vikings, had a great relationship with Brees when both were with the Chargers.
    The Vikings are going to be looking for a new and young quarterback.

    Brad Johnson, 37, will be the starting quarterback this year, unless the Vikings sign somebody like Brees. And even if somebody like Brees is signed, Johnson will get a chance to beat him out on the basis of the great season he had last year.

    Right now, I would say that the chances of Daunte Culpepper coming back are not very good.

    It wouldn't shock a lot of people if Culpepper is released before the Vikings are forced to pay his $6 million bonus this month. The Vikings are continuing to try to make a trade involving him.

    So far, nobody has offered much for Culpepper, who is a question mark because of the knee surgery he had last year, even though everything points to him being healthy enough to play this season.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #22
    jaymz7's Avatar
    jaymz7 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    567

    Re: Drew Brees to Minnesota???

    I for one really hope that CPEP comes back and can learn the system. He has played very well when he has had the right coach to help him. Childress Might be the next guy to get CPEP back to form.

    But if he doesn't come back I agree we need to get a talented QB such as Brees. I just don't want to see the team go down the path Denny Green took us with by almost using a different QB each year.

  3. #23
    PurpleManiac's Avatar
    PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    348

    Re: Drew Brees to Minnesota???

    I would take Brees over C-Peps right now. Look what Daunte has become and what he will be compare to Brees.

    You got a 29 yr. old, damaged leg, horrible accuracy, can't read a worth lick of defense, trying to learn a new offense guy name Daunte Culpepper.

    You got a 27 yr. old, injured shoulder (scary there), great accuracy, underrated throwing-power, great at reading defense, WCO-type Qb in a guy name Drew Brees.

    LOL Okay I know I made that sound unfair but Brees is really better then Daunte IMO. If we traded Daunte tomorrow for a 2nd rounder and signed Brees the minute FA opens I wouldn't be disapointed at all. In fact I might just jump up clicking my heels in joy.

    Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

  4. #24
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Drew Brees to Minnesota???

    "PurpleManiac" wrote:
    I would take Brees over C-Peps right now. Look what Daunte has become and what he will be compare to Brees.

    You got a 29 yr. old, damaged leg, horrible accuracy, can't read a worth lick of defense, trying to learn a new offense guy name Daunte Culpepper.

    You got a 27 yr. old, injured shoulder (scary there), great accuracy, underrated throwing-power, great at reading defense, WCO-type Qb in a guy name Drew Brees.

    LOL Okay I know I made that sound unfair but Brees is really better then Daunte IMO. If we traded Daunte tomorrow for a 2nd rounder and signed Brees the minute FA opens I wouldn't be disapointed at all. In fact I might just jump up clicking my heels in joy.
    make sure you record that so the rest of us have something to enjoy.

  5. #25
    PurpleManiac's Avatar
    PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    348

    Re: Drew Brees to Minnesota???

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "PurpleManiac" wrote:
    I would take Brees over C-Peps right now. Look what Daunte has become and what he will be compare to Brees.

    You got a 29 yr. old, damaged leg, horrible accuracy, can't read a worth lick of defense, trying to learn a new offense guy name Daunte Culpepper.

    You got a 27 yr. old, injured shoulder (scary there), great accuracy, underrated throwing-power, great at reading defense, WCO-type Qb in a guy name Drew Brees.

    LOL Okay I know I made that sound unfair but Brees is really better then Daunte IMO. If we traded Daunte tomorrow for a 2nd rounder and signed Brees the minute FA opens I wouldn't be disapointed at all. In fact I might just jump up clicking my heels in joy.
    make sure you record that so the rest of us have something to enjoy.
    Will do. :wink:

    Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

  6. #26
    FuadFan's Avatar
    FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,746

    Re: Drew Brees to Minnesota???

    "PurpleManiac" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "PurpleManiac" wrote:
    I would take Brees over C-Peps right now. Look what Daunte has become and what he will be compare to Brees.

    You got a 29 yr. old, damaged leg, horrible accuracy, can't read a worth lick of defense, trying to learn a new offense guy name Daunte Culpepper.

    You got a 27 yr. old, injured shoulder (scary there), great accuracy, underrated throwing-power, great at reading defense, WCO-type Qb in a guy name Drew Brees.

    D LOL Okay I know I made that sound unfair but Brees is really better then Daunte IMO. If we traded Daunte tomorrow for a 2nd rounder and signed Brees the minute FA opens I wouldn't be disapointed at all. In fact I might just jump up clicking my heels in joy.
    make sure you record that so the rest of us have something to enjoy.
    Will do. wink
    I don't know if Brees is better or not but I will have to go jersey shopping if we get rid of Culpepper I wore his jersey for all 16 games last year.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

  7. #27
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Re: Drew Brees to Minnesota???

    I am not big on getting brees. He could end up being another pennington now with that injured shoulder. Plus he still isn't gonna be cheap. Kind of a risky sign if you ask me.

    If we do get rid of Daunte, I think we should look at Brodie Croyle in round 2. I really think he is gonna be a good QB in the NFL.

  8. #28
    PurpleManiac's Avatar
    PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    348

    Re: Drew Brees to Minnesota???

    I guess I will hold my judgement pending his injury report and how severe it really is. I will stick to my guns and say Brees is the better QB for us right now (ahem and probably overall). How come you don't like him much Smoot? This is a guy who had no real target except Gates in SD yet still put up Pro-Bowl numbers.

    Like I said..his injury is scary but no worse then Peps.

    Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

  9. #29
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Re: Drew Brees to Minnesota???

    "PurpleManiac" wrote:
    I guess I will hold my judgement pending his injury report and how severe it really is. I will stick to my guns and say Brees is the better QB for us right now (ahem and probably overall). How come you don't like him much Smoot? This is a guy who had no real target except Gates in SD yet still put up Pro-Bowl numbers.

    Like I said..his injury is scary but no worse then Peps.

    Never said I don't like Brees. I don't like the idea of signing him because it will be expensive and he has a very concerning injury. I would rather stick with BJ for this year and draft a Brodie Crolye to be our future QB.

    I won't be mad if we do sign him, just worried he will be another pennington. I actually like Brees alot and agree that he is a much much better fit for our new offense, then Daunte is. His injury just worries me though and it would be hard for me to sign him to a big contract with it, just as I wouldn't want to pay Daunte his $6 million bonus with his current injury.

  10. #30
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,053

    Re: Drew Brees to Minnesota???

    "FuadFan" wrote:
    "PurpleManiac" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "PurpleManiac" wrote:
    I would take Brees over C-Peps right now. Look what Daunte has become and what he will be compare to Brees.

    You got a 29 yr. old, damaged leg, horrible accuracy, can't read a worth lick of defense, trying to learn a new offense guy name Daunte Culpepper.

    You got a 27 yr. old, injured shoulder (scary there), great accuracy, underrated throwing-power, great at reading defense, WCO-type Qb in a guy name Drew Brees.

    D LOL Okay I know I made that sound unfair but Brees is really better then Daunte IMO. If we traded Daunte tomorrow for a 2nd rounder and signed Brees the minute FA opens I wouldn't be disapointed at all. In fact I might just jump up clicking my heels in joy.
    make sure you record that so the rest of us have something to enjoy.
    Will do. wink
    I don't know if Brees is better or not but I will have to go jersey shopping if we get rid of Culpepper I wore his jersey for all 16 games last year.

    Don't feel bad. Before I got my Sharper jersey I had a Moss jersey sitting in the closet begging to be worn. I have no idea what I will do with the Moss jersey, the one thing I do know is that I will never burn it.....

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Drew Brees Asks Mom To Remove Him From Campaign Ads
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-30-2006, 05:46 PM
  2. Just Say No to Drew Brees
    By GreenBaySlackers in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 03-10-2006, 06:11 AM
  3. QB Drew Brees has dislocated shoulder, may need surgery!!
    By Jordan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-01-2006, 11:53 PM
  4. Drew Brees' Future
    By SharperVikings in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-03-2005, 05:53 AM
  5. Drew Brees a one year wonder?
    By Ltrey33 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-29-2005, 01:06 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •