Thread: Dream FA/Draft

adamkirsch is offline Training Camp

Dream FA/Draft

I don't post often, and I know this topic is old hat, but here's what I'd love to see with FA/draft, which would result in the roster below:

FA: Trade Culpepper for Bulger and 4th-rounder; Top tier acquisitions -- Bentley, Witherspoon; Second tier acquisitions -- M. Morris, W. Shields; Re-sign: K. Robinson, Burleson, Johnstone, B. Williams, and O. Smith (yes, O. Smith).

Draft: Rd. 1: LB, Rd. 2: Safety, Rd. 3: QB; Rd. 4 TE & LB

Resulting Roster:

OFFENSE

QB -- Johnson, Bulger, Rd. 3 draftee (Johnson the anointed starter, Bulger there as a starting-caliber backup, and a rookie to groom)

OL -- Starters McKinnie, Bentley, Birk, M. Johnson, Fields. Backups Liewinski, Fonoti, Goldberg, Herrera

RB -- M. Moore, M. Morris, O. Smith, C. Fason (with a great O Line, let these guys fight it out ... one of them would rush for 1,500 yards; if Smith remains a dud, we've got three other to whom we can look)

WR -- K. Robinson, T. Williamson, T. Taylor, M. Robinson, N. Burleson, C. Jones

TE/FB -- Klinesasser, Wiggins, Rd. 4 Draftee

DEFENSE

DT: P. Williams, K. Williams, Mosely, S. Johnson

DE: James, Scott, Udeze, Johnstone

LB: Witherspoon, Rd. 1 Draftee, D. Thomas, E.J. Henderson, N. Harris. Rd. 4 Draftee

S: Sharper, Offord, Rd. 2 Draftee, Fox

CB: Winfield, B. Williams, Smoot, D. Edwards, Gallishaw

I don't know if we could pull this all off financially ... even with all of the cap space, is it feasible? If so, seems like a deep, potent team....

Thoughts? Rip my vision apart at will.....

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Dream FA/Draft

"adamkirsch" wrote:
    I don't post often, and I know this topic is old hat, but here's what I'd love to see with FA/draft, which would result in the roster below:

FA: Trade Culpepper for Bulger and 4th-rounder; Top tier acquisitions -- Bentley, Witherspoon; Second tier acquisitions -- M. Morris, W. Shields; Re-sign: K. Robinson, Burleson, Johnstone, B. Williams, and O. Smith (yes, O. Smith).

Resulting Roster:

OFFENSE

QB -- Johnson, Bulger, Rd. 3 draftee (Johnson the anointed starter, Bulger there as a starting-caliber backup, and a rookie to groom)

OL -- Starters McKinnie, Bentley, Birk, M. Johnson, Fields. Backups Liewinski, Fonoti, Goldberg, Herrera

RB -- M. Moore, M. Morris, O. Smith, C. Fason (with a great O Line, let these guys fight it out ... one of them would rush for 1,500 yards; if Smith remains a dud, we've got three other to whom we can look)

DEFENSE

LB: Witherspoon, Rd. 1 Draftee, D. Thomas, E.J. Henderson, N. Harris. Rd. 4 Draftee

I don't know if we could pull this all off financially ... even with all of the cap space, is it feasible? If so, seems like a deep, potent team....

why is johnson before bulger?

heres mine
    starters:
    QB bulger
    RB james
    FB goodspeed
    OL mckinnie, bentley, birk, johnson, runyan
    TE wiggins
    WR walker, burleson, williamson

DL kampman, williams, williams, udeze
    LB thornton, witherspoon, harris
    CB winfield, townsend
    FS/SS sharper, hope

P kluwe
    K vinatieri
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

adamkirsch, we could easily pull off your idea financially..we have more money than god this year, bentley and witherspoon would still leave us more than 15 mil available
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

aceclown is offline Coach

Who the hell is Fields? Do you mean Will Sheilds?

Chuch.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"olson_10" wrote:
    "adamkirsch" wrote:

Resulting Roster:

OFFENSE

DEFENSE

heres mine
    starters:
    QB bulger
    RB james
    FB goodspeed
    TE wiggins

CB winfield, townsend
    FS/SS sharper, hope

P kluwe
    K vinatieri

No way we will pick up Kampman, I do not see us changing the D line this year. I think that Erasmus James is going to really come on this year, and that the coaches will play with what we have! It is a make or break year for Udeze!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

my picks are obviously a dream scenario..but that was the name of the thread so i do understand its not realistic

adamkirsch is offline Training Camp

Will Shields, sorry. Sorry, cut me some slack ... that was a lot of players to run through my head over my lunch break.

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "adamkirsch" wrote:

Resulting Roster:

OFFENSE

DEFENSE

heres mine
    starters:
    QB bulger
    RB james
    FB goodspeed
    TE wiggins

CB winfield, townsend
    FS/SS sharper, hope

P kluwe
    K vinatieri

No way we will pick up Kampman, I do not see us changing the D line this year. I think that Erasmus James is going to really come on this year, and that the coaches will play with what we have! It is a make or break year for Udeze!
    the name of the thread is "Dream FA/Draft..i know we cant get all of those guys

DEEP PURPLE is offline Starter

My dream FA/Draft, thats easy.

The players that will bring the Lombardi Trophy to Minnesota!!!
    If I hear Michelle Bonner say "He works that one to right" one more time, I m getting on a plane for Bristol, going to the ESPNEWS set, and ripping out her vocal cords.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Dream thread fine, but why would you as a Viking fan give up on Erasmus so fast! You may think that Kampman is an improvement over him, but we drafted him in the 1st round last year and we have more pressing needs than a DE! People give up on or draft choices to quickly sometimes, last year people gave up on Troy before training camp was over!

If it is dream free agency how about trying to improve positions that we need more help at like running back and taking Edge instead of Morris, save the money from Kampman and use it where we need it!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.