Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Dream FA/Draft

  1. #1
    adamkirsch is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    36

    Dream FA/Draft

    I don't post often, and I know this topic is old hat, but here's what I'd love to see with FA/draft, which would result in the roster below:

    FA: Trade Culpepper for Bulger and 4th-rounder; Top tier acquisitions -- Bentley, Witherspoon; Second tier acquisitions -- M. Morris, W. Shields; Re-sign: K. Robinson, Burleson, Johnstone, B. Williams, and O. Smith (yes, O. Smith).

    Draft: Rd. 1: LB, Rd. 2: Safety, Rd. 3: QB; Rd. 4 TE & LB

    Resulting Roster:

    OFFENSE

    QB -- Johnson, Bulger, Rd. 3 draftee (Johnson the anointed starter, Bulger there as a starting-caliber backup, and a rookie to groom)

    OL -- Starters McKinnie, Bentley, Birk, M. Johnson, Fields. Backups Liewinski, Fonoti, Goldberg, Herrera

    RB -- M. Moore, M. Morris, O. Smith, C. Fason (with a great O Line, let these guys fight it out ... one of them would rush for 1,500 yards; if Smith remains a dud, we've got three other to whom we can look)

    WR -- K. Robinson, T. Williamson, T. Taylor, M. Robinson, N. Burleson, C. Jones

    TE/FB -- Klinesasser, Wiggins, Rd. 4 Draftee

    DEFENSE

    DT: P. Williams, K. Williams, Mosely, S. Johnson

    DE: James, Scott, Udeze, Johnstone

    LB: Witherspoon, Rd. 1 Draftee, D. Thomas, E.J. Henderson, N. Harris. Rd. 4 Draftee

    S: Sharper, Offord, Rd. 2 Draftee, Fox

    CB: Winfield, B. Williams, Smoot, D. Edwards, Gallishaw

    I don't know if we could pull this all off financially ... even with all of the cap space, is it feasible? If so, seems like a deep, potent team....

    Thoughts? Rip my vision apart at will.....

  2. #2
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Dream FA/Draft

    "adamkirsch" wrote:
    I don't post often, and I know this topic is old hat, but here's what I'd love to see with FA/draft, which would result in the roster below:

    FA: Trade Culpepper for Bulger and 4th-rounder; Top tier acquisitions -- Bentley, Witherspoon; Second tier acquisitions -- M. Morris, W. Shields; Re-sign: K. Robinson, Burleson, Johnstone, B. Williams, and O. Smith (yes, O. Smith).

    Draft: Rd. 1: LB, Rd. 2: Safety, Rd. 3: QB; Rd. 4 TE & LB

    Resulting Roster:

    OFFENSE

    QB -- Johnson, Bulger, Rd. 3 draftee (Johnson the anointed starter, Bulger there as a starting-caliber backup, and a rookie to groom)

    OL -- Starters McKinnie, Bentley, Birk, M. Johnson, Fields. Backups Liewinski, Fonoti, Goldberg, Herrera

    RB -- M. Moore, M. Morris, O. Smith, C. Fason (with a great O Line, let these guys fight it out ... one of them would rush for 1,500 yards; if Smith remains a dud, we've got three other to whom we can look)

    WR -- K. Robinson, T. Williamson, T. Taylor, M. Robinson, N. Burleson, C. Jones

    TE/FB -- Klinesasser, Wiggins, Rd. 4 Draftee

    DEFENSE

    DT: P. Williams, K. Williams, Mosely, S. Johnson

    DE: James, Scott, Udeze, Johnstone

    LB: Witherspoon, Rd. 1 Draftee, D. Thomas, E.J. Henderson, N. Harris. Rd. 4 Draftee

    S: Sharper, Offord, Rd. 2 Draftee, Fox

    CB: Winfield, B. Williams, Smoot, D. Edwards, Gallishaw

    I don't know if we could pull this all off financially ... even with all of the cap space, is it feasible? If so, seems like a deep, potent team....

    Thoughts? Rip my vision apart at will.....
    why is johnson before bulger?


    heres mine
    starters:
    QB bulger
    RB james
    FB goodspeed
    OL mckinnie, bentley, birk, johnson, runyan
    TE wiggins
    WR walker, burleson, williamson

    DL kampman, williams, williams, udeze
    LB thornton, witherspoon, harris
    CB winfield, townsend
    FS/SS sharper, hope

    P kluwe
    K vinatieri
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  3. #3
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Dream FA/Draft

    adamkirsch, we could easily pull off your idea financially..we have more money than god this year, bentley and witherspoon would still leave us more than 15 mil available
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  4. #4
    aceclown is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    948

    Re: Dream FA/Draft

    Who the hell is Fields? Do you mean Will Sheilds?


    Chuch.

  5. #5
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Dream FA/Draft

    "olson_10" wrote:
    "adamkirsch" wrote:
    I don't post often, and I know this topic is old hat, but here's what I'd love to see with FA/draft, which would result in the roster below:

    FA: Trade Culpepper for Bulger and 4th-rounder; Top tier acquisitions -- Bentley, Witherspoon; Second tier acquisitions -- M. Morris, W. Shields; Re-sign: K. Robinson, Burleson, Johnstone, B. Williams, and O. Smith (yes, O. Smith).

    Draft: Rd. 1: LB, Rd. 2: Safety, Rd. 3: QB; Rd. 4 TE & LB

    Resulting Roster:

    OFFENSE

    QB -- Johnson, Bulger, Rd. 3 draftee (Johnson the anointed starter, Bulger there as a starting-caliber backup, and a rookie to groom)

    OL -- Starters McKinnie, Bentley, Birk, M. Johnson, Fields. Backups Liewinski, Fonoti, Goldberg, Herrera

    RB -- M. Moore, M. Morris, O. Smith, C. Fason (with a great O Line, let these guys fight it out ... one of them would rush for 1,500 yards; if Smith remains a dud, we've got three other to whom we can look)

    WR -- K. Robinson, T. Williamson, T. Taylor, M. Robinson, N. Burleson, C. Jones

    TE/FB -- Klinesasser, Wiggins, Rd. 4 Draftee

    DEFENSE

    DT: P. Williams, K. Williams, Mosely, S. Johnson

    DE: James, Scott, Udeze, Johnstone

    LB: Witherspoon, Rd. 1 Draftee, D. Thomas, E.J. Henderson, N. Harris. Rd. 4 Draftee

    S: Sharper, Offord, Rd. 2 Draftee, Fox

    CB: Winfield, B. Williams, Smoot, D. Edwards, Gallishaw

    I don't know if we could pull this all off financially ... even with all of the cap space, is it feasible? If so, seems like a deep, potent team....

    Thoughts? Rip my vision apart at will.....
    why is johnson before bulger?


    heres mine
    starters:
    QB bulger
    RB james
    FB goodspeed
    OL mckinnie, bentley, birk, johnson, runyan
    TE wiggins
    WR walker, burleson, williamson

    DL kampman, williams, williams, udeze
    LB thornton, witherspoon, harris
    CB winfield, townsend
    FS/SS sharper, hope

    P kluwe
    K vinatieri

    No way we will pick up Kampman, I do not see us changing the D line this year. I think that Erasmus James is going to really come on this year, and that the coaches will play with what we have! It is a make or break year for Udeze!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  6. #6
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Dream FA/Draft

    my picks are obviously a dream scenario..but that was the name of the thread so i do understand its not realistic
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  7. #7
    adamkirsch is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    36

    Re: Dream FA/Draft

    Will Shields, sorry. Sorry, cut me some slack ... that was a lot of players to run through my head over my lunch break.

  8. #8
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Dream FA/Draft

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "adamkirsch" wrote:
    I don't post often, and I know this topic is old hat, but here's what I'd love to see with FA/draft, which would result in the roster below:

    FA: Trade Culpepper for Bulger and 4th-rounder; Top tier acquisitions -- Bentley, Witherspoon; Second tier acquisitions -- M. Morris, W. Shields; Re-sign: K. Robinson, Burleson, Johnstone, B. Williams, and O. Smith (yes, O. Smith).

    Draft: Rd. 1: LB, Rd. 2: Safety, Rd. 3: QB; Rd. 4 TE & LB

    Resulting Roster:

    OFFENSE

    QB -- Johnson, Bulger, Rd. 3 draftee (Johnson the anointed starter, Bulger there as a starting-caliber backup, and a rookie to groom)

    OL -- Starters McKinnie, Bentley, Birk, M. Johnson, Fields. Backups Liewinski, Fonoti, Goldberg, Herrera

    RB -- M. Moore, M. Morris, O. Smith, C. Fason (with a great O Line, let these guys fight it out ... one of them would rush for 1,500 yards; if Smith remains a dud, we've got three other to whom we can look)

    WR -- K. Robinson, T. Williamson, T. Taylor, M. Robinson, N. Burleson, C. Jones

    TE/FB -- Klinesasser, Wiggins, Rd. 4 Draftee

    DEFENSE

    DT: P. Williams, K. Williams, Mosely, S. Johnson

    DE: James, Scott, Udeze, Johnstone

    LB: Witherspoon, Rd. 1 Draftee, D. Thomas, E.J. Henderson, N. Harris. Rd. 4 Draftee

    S: Sharper, Offord, Rd. 2 Draftee, Fox

    CB: Winfield, B. Williams, Smoot, D. Edwards, Gallishaw

    I don't know if we could pull this all off financially ... even with all of the cap space, is it feasible? If so, seems like a deep, potent team....

    Thoughts? Rip my vision apart at will.....
    why is johnson before bulger?


    heres mine
    starters:
    QB bulger
    RB james
    FB goodspeed
    OL mckinnie, bentley, birk, johnson, runyan
    TE wiggins
    WR walker, burleson, williamson

    DL kampman, williams, williams, udeze
    LB thornton, witherspoon, harris
    CB winfield, townsend
    FS/SS sharper, hope

    P kluwe
    K vinatieri

    No way we will pick up Kampman, I do not see us changing the D line this year. I think that Erasmus James is going to really come on this year, and that the coaches will play with what we have! It is a make or break year for Udeze!
    the name of the thread is "Dream FA/Draft..i know we cant get all of those guys
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  9. #9
    DEEP PURPLE's Avatar
    DEEP PURPLE is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    205

    Re: Dream FA/Draft

    My dream FA/Draft, thats easy.


    The players that will bring the Lombardi Trophy to Minnesota!!!
    If I hear Michelle Bonner say "He works that one to right" one more time, I m getting on a plane for Bristol, going to the ESPNEWS set, and ripping out her vocal cords.

  10. #10
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Dream FA/Draft

    Dream thread fine, but why would you as a Viking fan give up on Erasmus so fast! You may think that Kampman is an improvement over him, but we drafted him in the 1st round last year and we have more pressing needs than a DE! People give up on or draft choices to quickly sometimes, last year people gave up on Troy before training camp was over!

    If it is dream free agency how about trying to improve positions that we need more help at like running back and taking Edge instead of Morris, save the money from Kampman and use it where we need it!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Similar Threads

  1. Kevon's Dream Draft Player Profile # 1
    By kevoncox in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-29-2011, 07:04 PM
  2. jkjuggalo's New Improved Dream Draft (UPDATED w/ Trades)
    By jkjuggalo in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 11:29 AM
  3. Vikings Dream Draft 2008-going deep (7th round)
    By mountainviking in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-11-2008, 03:38 PM
  4. (Merged) What is your 2008 NFL Draft dream?
    By ultravikingfan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 07:30 PM
  5. Dream Draft
    By vikings11_27 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-27-2006, 03:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •