Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    tjohnson is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Draftseason.com Mock Draft

"midgensa" wrote:
    "KJ" wrote:
    I really like this site, and they seem to do a good job with their mocks. I found their updated mock draft very very interesting for us:

Round 1: Ernie "Big Ern" Sims LB, FSU – With the signing of Chester Taylor, I would think the Vikes won't draft a RB here, so instead they grab Sims to play along side the freshly signed Ben Leber.

Round 2: 48. VIKINGS – Darnell Bing S, USC

Round 3: 83. VIKINGS - Omar Jacobs QB, Bowling Green

I must say, if our draft turns out like that I will be jumping for joy :grin:

Here's the link: http://www.draftseason.com/index2.php?Page_Name=LupagusMock

They must need to do some updating ... not too many people thinking Bing will last close to that long ... but it would be nice.
    I think it's pretty updated....they factor in the Taylor signing into the draft picks, and that only happened yesterday.

How do ya like them apples?!

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"rdknieff" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "LuckyVike" wrote:
    In a perfect world, that would be how the draft goes for us.
    Actually a perfect draft would be:

1st round: Reggie Bush
    2nd round: Matt Leinart
    3rd round: AJ Hawk
    true dat!
    The difference is that the one I said was perfect actually has a chance to happen...
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I would love that draft but there's no way Omar is gonna drop to a third round pick.

Pro Football Weekly projects him to be picked up anywhere between the 5th and 7th. Here's what they say:

Upside
    Is functional for what he is asked to do in the Offensive system he runs. Maintains poise and generally makes good decisions. Good TD-INT ratio. Can zip it and anticipate where receivers will be.

Downside
    Vey thinly built and frail-looking. Has a sidearm, 3/4-push delivery. Played in a shotgun offense that padded his statistics with a lot of high-percentage throws. Was not asked to go through progression reads or did not often look beyond his primary receiver. Will have to get comfortable taking snaps under center. Not very athletic to avoid the rush. Missed two-plus games with separated left (non-throwing) shoulder. Could struggle adjusting to the closing speed of NFL defensive backs. Thinks he is better than he is.

The Way We See It
    Bigger than 2004 sixth-round pick Josh Harris, but not much more refined and will be challenged to beat system label and grow in an NFL offense. Postseason workouts could boost status.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123