Thread: Drafting an OL

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Re: Drafting an OL

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1091937
    Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1091936
    Quote Originally Posted by "FuadFan" #1091932
    http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=5104

- Where will Tyron Smith/OT/USC end up in the draft? It looks more and more like he wonít get out of the top twenty picks. Sources have told us the Minnesota Vikings are seriously considering the athletic tackle with the 12th selection if they canít come away with a quarterback. The other team that ranks Smith high on their board are the New York Giants.

Believe it or trade down opportunity?
    I don't think tackle is a first round need..

He is a top prospect for a zone blocking scheme that we run, but he doesnt have versatility given that he has no history of playing guard or center.. I really think unless you are getting rid of Bryant McKinnie, this would be a mistake..

I like him as a player, just not in our situation..
    I don't really know much about you (skum) but you seem to have a lot of insider knowledge, or at least post like you do. What is the market for McKinnie and what would we want for him? I would be happy getting a 2nd for him considering he's way over rated, but are there teams that would want him for around our asking price, whatever that is.
    I don't really have insider information or anything - i just read alot of articles and think i have a good understanding on how the NFL works off the field..

With that said, i don't really think that there is a market for McKinnie given his offield issues and general oppinion on his ability however i rate him higher than alot of fans do around here..

Lots of teams are not set af left tackle and continue to try and find solutions, we should really be happy that we have a guy that might have his flaws but is a pretty good offensive tackle..

We have always known that he has problems with speed rushers, but thats just coaching and sliding the protection with TE's and FB's in order to help him should he be given that sort of a matchup..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1091955
    Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1091937
    Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1091936
    Quote Originally Posted by "FuadFan" #1091932
    http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=5104

- Where will Tyron Smith/OT/USC end up in the draft? It looks more and more like he wonít get out of the top twenty picks. Sources have told us the Minnesota Vikings are seriously considering the athletic tackle with the 12th selection if they canít come away with a quarterback. The other team that ranks Smith high on their board are the New York Giants.

Believe it or trade down opportunity?
    I don't think tackle is a first round need..

He is a top prospect for a zone blocking scheme that we run, but he doesnt have versatility given that he has no history of playing guard or center.. I really think unless you are getting rid of Bryant McKinnie, this would be a mistake..

I like him as a player, just not in our situation..
    I don't really know much about you (skum) but you seem to have a lot of insider knowledge, or at least post like you do. What is the market for McKinnie and what would we want for him? I would be happy getting a 2nd for him considering he's way over rated, but are there teams that would want him for around our asking price, whatever that is.
    I don't really have insider information or anything - i just read alot of articles and think i have a good understanding on how the NFL works off the field..

With that said, i don't really think that there is a market for McKinnie given his offield issues and general oppinion on his ability however i rate him higher than alot of fans do around here..

Lots of teams are not set af left tackle and continue to try and find solutions, we should really be happy that we have a guy that might have his flaws but is a pretty good offensive tackle..

We have always known that he has problems with speed rushers, but thats just coaching and sliding the protection with TE's and FB's in order to help him should he be given that sort of a matchup..
    Don't let my good friend Skum fool you. He talks a mean draft talk.

In case your wondering, all the stuff he says by the way, can be found if you google 2011 NFL Draft.

Sites like CDS, CBS, KFFL, Ourlads, even Yahoo have alot of stuff on each player. It just depends on what site you put the most value on. I for one gravitate to Ourlads and then pick one of the many (CBS/CDS) that I can provide links to as Ourlads is a "Pay" site.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

I use this channel alot also.. From a guy called Aaron Aloysius

http://www.youtube.com/aloaloysius

Its a great way of watching prospects and form your own oppinion and gut feeling on how this guy might turn out..

This is not highlight reels, its game tape..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1092052
    I use this channel alot also.. From a guy called Aaron Aloysius

http://www.youtube.com/aloaloysius

Its a great way of watching prospects and form your own oppinion and gut feeling on how this guy might turn out..

This is not highlight reels, its game tape..
    Damn firewall. I will have to check this out. Gonna try to pull away and do my 7 rounder this weekend. Won't get it done if I keep waiting for the CBA thing to straighten out.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234