Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Draft Target!!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Draft Target!!

There's so many mock drafts out there. This one was on MSN, from Pete Fiutak of collegefootballnews.com

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5329722

It didn't have him in the first round. I'd have to see him projected ahead of the Vikings pick at #17 before I personally see it as a good pick.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

you know the closer the draft gets the more it makes sense to me to just get a stud linemen in the draft. this game starts with the o-line...something me and mr. tice agree on. 8)

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

Not to get off topic at all, but I just noticed the quote in enlvikeman's sig...and it got quite the chuckle out of me! I remember seeing that and laughing when he posted, so seeing that in your quote just brought back fond memories! haha.

Anyways, I know it sucks to pick up a guy before he is expected to go, but sometimes you have to do that because that's what you need. Especially if you know he wont be there by your next pick. Now I'm not saying that this is the case with him...but I'm just puttin' it out there.
    ;-)

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Y'know, da way I tink, and some of youse mugs have said it, a winning team begins wit' da lines, offensive and defensive. A great line can make a good or average runner great, but a poor line will make a good or great runner struggle, y'know? We could draft a runnin' back, but witout a good O-line he ain't goin' nowheres. We already gots some good runnin' backs. What we don't got is a consistently good O-line, y'know? I still tink dat Fason is gonna be a good, mebbe even great back. He didn't get many carries last year, sumpin' I hopes Childress will correct dis year. I tink we should develop him more dis year, behind an O-line dat's a lot bedda dan what it was last year, an' da way to do dat, is to draft a big stud like dis Marcus McNeill mug, y'know?

An' besides, wit' our offensive style going ta be more pass-oriental dis year, as its rumored ta be, what do we need an every-down, big stud back for, y'know? We won't have a cryin' need for dat, like we do right now for da O-line. So, I says, if dis guy, or someone like 'em is available wit' da foist pick, screw da RB's, go for 'im!
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

SKOL wrote:

There's so many mock drafts out there. This one was on MSN, from Pete Fiutak of collegefootballnews.com

msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5329722

It didn't have him in the first round. I'd have to see him projected ahead of the Vikings pick at #17 before I personally see it as a good pick.

Not to be critical, SKOL, but I saw dat dis Fiutak mug had us draftin' a TE wit' our foist pick. What da heck is dat? Dis Fiutak mug is like alla mock draft mugs out dere, givin' his opinion about what we should do, y'know? It don't mean he's right. I still tink we should go O-line. But, dat's just my tinkin' opinion too, y'know? Heh heh heh....
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

It seems that more and more people are seeing that the Vikes need help up front and are using that in their mocks. Early on I saw a lot of Maroney/Lendale White/Vernon Davis, but now a lot of people are shifting towards tackle. On top of McNeil from Auburn I also heard Winston Justice from USC's name being thrown around.

I'd much rather see us pick an offensive lineman than a skill position player. McNeil would be a good pick, as would Justice, IMO.

ancoin is offline Starter

Im starting to like the idea of OT i 1.

Thank to Lotza

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

"OldManVike" wrote:
    SKOL wrote:

msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5329722

Not to be critical, SKOL, but I saw dat dis Fiutak mug had us draftin' a TE wit' our foist pick. What da heck is dat? Dis Fiutak mug is like alla mock draft mugs out dere, givin' his opinion about what we should do, y'know? It don't mean he's right. I still tink we should go O-line. But, dat's just my tinkin' opinion too, y'know? Heh heh heh....
    I'd cry if we picked a TE in the first round. The person who made this mock is a doofus.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

At 6-foot-9 and 337 pounds, he will own the packers for years to come.

i like big boys.
    We're bringing purple back.

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

[quote="gregair13"]At 6-foot-9 and 337 pounds, he will own the packers for years to come.

i like big boys.

u should be careful how u say that lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast