Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

draft review Vikings A+

I liked this guy's coverage all through the draft and he gave us a A+

In round six Minnesota landed yet another great value (notice a trend here?)...

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/reviews/teams/minnesotavikings.html

Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

NodakPaul is online now Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: draft review Vikings A+

I like the fact that all of our first three picks could easily have gone in the first round.
    Plus we have Greenway coming back this year, it is like we have four first round picks being introduced this year.
    That is some talent there baby!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

Actually, he gave us an A-

Either way, great find. This guy is a serious draft junkie to go to such lenghts evaluating each team. Overall, I (like many) was really excited following our draft this year, but I'm of the mind that one should withhold judgment until a few down the road. If (when) we win a SB in the next 3 years, I will give this draft an A+.

Blog Entries

And in case you're curious, there is 334 days, 22 hours, 22 minutes, and 55 seconds left until the 2008 NFL Draft.
    Yup, this guy is a serious draft junkie!

Some of his other draft analysis were pretty well done too.

Eagles
    Broncos

This should probably be a protected directory, but you can see which teams he has done so far. Link
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

great article, great writer. I agree completely that the vikes had a very solid draft but there is a lot of bust potential with some of there picks. it was an A- though. both the eagles and broncos got B- so you know he is not just giving everyone an A because of potential.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"mountainviking" wrote:

I wish to caution readers against wearing the PPO glasses and thinking this guy is a great football mind simply because he gave our team a good grade.

He might be a great football mind, but PPOers have a tendency to over-inflate the brilliance of writers who say good things about the Vikes.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

"Zeus" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:

I wish to caution readers against wearing the PPO glasses and thinking this guy is a great football mind simply because he gave our team a good grade.

He might be a great football mind, but PPOers have a tendency to over-inflate the brilliance of writers who say good things about the Vikes.

=Z=
    I was thinking the same thing, Z.

He must be from MN.
    -Sno

Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:

=Z=
    I actually think all of his draft analysis were pretty fair, not just the Minnesota one.
    All in all it sees like a pretty decent site, and it tends to fall in line with some of the other reviews out there.

sportsline
    spots.aol.com

Seems to me like he is somewhat of a football mind.

Scott Wright is the founder and President of NFL Draft Countdown.com. He has been scouting players and evaluating the NFL Draft since 1993.

An authority in the field, Scott has been featured as an NFL Draft expert by media outlets across the country and is a member of the Football Writers Association of America.

Wright invests countless hours per week evaluating game film and maintaining this site. His passion for the Draft and scouting players comes through in his work and he has historically had some of the most complete and precise mock drafts available, including a 1st place finish in 2004.
    EDIT: I accidentally included a grade from the 2005 draft.
    We actually got an a+ that year.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Zeus" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:

=Z=
    Exactly.

Just another dork with a nice site.
    This was posted May 7.
    The site sucks so bad it took one of our esteemed members 23 days to find it.

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

Sounds like Kiper could lose his "draft expert" crown.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast