Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Draft: Latest Vikings Speculation Predictions

Rather then talking about what players Minnesota might be working out, or whose Pro Day team management last attended, I will simply be giving in-depth reports on defensive ends that the Vikings could be looking to draft with that first-round pick.

Who is the best fit in Minnesota?
    2011 NFL Draft: Latest Minnesota Vikings Speculation and Predictions

Gives you 3 links to 3 guys....

2011 NFL Draft: A Look at Cameron Jordan
    Cameron Jordan is being discussed as a potential Minnesota Vikings defensive end in 2011.When it comes to experienced pass rushers in this year's draft class, there might not be a single defensive end with more experience than Cal DE Cameron Jordan...
    2011 NFL Draft: A Look at Da'Quan Bowers
    Da'Quan Bowers is now on the Vikings' radar as a possible first round selection in this April's NFL Draft.Just when it looked like the Vikings were 100 percent leaning towards taking Robert Quinn if he was available with that No. 12 pick
    2011 NFL Draft: A Look at Robert Quinn
    Robert Quinn is one defensive end that the Vikings are looking at in the 2011 NFL Draft.A gifted natural pass-rusher, Quinn could very well be the best defensive end in this year's draft class when it is all said and done. The former North Carolina...
    Call me a homer if you will, but of those 3 I love son of Steve.....And not because he is the son of Steve.

As the article said, 49 of 50 (with 32 starts) games when it comes to experience and production.

6'4, 287 lbs. Perfect size for a LDE.

From the tapes I've watched on him (youttube of course):

a. He has a club, rip and a bull rush move already so he wouldn't be a one trick pony like some of the DE's coming out this year.

b. He seems to be a natural when it comes to getting off a block and pursuing the runner/QB.

c. Love his technique when it comes to tackling. That style will wear a RB down by the end of a game.

Only knock (2 actually) on him that I can find.....1) A bit slow but I think that can be ignored cause he will be used as a LDE not a RDE were speed isn't as important, and.....2) He is probably a better fit for the 3-4 scheme, again, based on his speed.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Re: Draft: Latest Vikings Speculation Predictions

I think Bowers could fall very far.. Ive just finished up watching some tape on him and im concerned by a few things along with his injury.

1. He feeds off bad tackles and bad blocks and punishes mistakes but oftens gets dominated by strong tackles despite his 280ish size..

2. Doesnt look strong against the run

3. Is very versatile and has played both all positions on the d-line, filling in on passing downs at DT. Keeps shifting up in games going from LDE to RDE..

4. Takes snaps at linebacker, but blitzes everytime from here.

5. Hustles to the ball and never gives up on a play despite being knocked down

6. Seems to be thinking quick and assesing where the ball goes and who has it.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1093526
    I think Bowers could fall very far.. Ive just finished up watching some tape on him and im concerned by a few things along with his injury.

1. He feeds off bad tackles and bad blocks and punishes mistakes but oftens gets dominated by strong tackles despite his 280ish size..

3. Is very versatile and has played both all positions on the d-line, filling in on passing downs at DT. Keeps shifting up in games going from LDE to RDE..

4. Takes snaps at linebacker, but blitzes everytime from here.

I can't remember the players, but there are a couple of "Youtube" stuff out there on OLmen who used clips when they were against Bowers, mostly in the running game, were they pushed him all over the place.

I think he will have a good career in the NFL, just worry about him as a 4-3 LDE which is what we are looking for IMHO.

Another quality guy that looks good for a 3-4 is JJ Watt. Hope we don't bite on him either.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Not sure why you are concerned about the last couple ones, but those 4 points sound a lot like someone else we have playing at DE...
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1093548

Not sure why you are concerned about the last couple ones, but those 4 points sound a lot like someone else we have playing at DE...
    Not concerned about that, this was just my notes on the tape i saw..

Im obiously concerned about his lack of run stopping and the fact that he despite being a pretty big guy gets dominated by offensive tackles on many plays..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!