Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Creep is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Draft in 7 days, whats your take??

At this point, id'e be more than happy with some of our
    hopes,..Quinn?? If he's out there, he's tough not to take..A. Peterson,...I gift from the warriors of ValHalla.. I didn't see that at the start of all this...

I need a wr,...that would be cool...a "STAR" RB,.. Give it to me!!!A GOOD TE,...A BONUS!!! BUT, I would like to see some of our picks go to the defense, Later round guys, I 'm speaking of...
    GIVE ME ONE!!!
    Quinn .....if availiablr,....take him
    Landrey...If availiable,...take him
    Peterson,...Uhhmmm.If he's there,...TAKE HIM!!!

Mother fucker,....Take wake is the best out there,....Ya can ALWAYS work out a deal, a trade,...later....Crap,... This really isn't all that tough,...When it comes to the first two rounds>>>>
    *FIGHTING FOR PEACE, IS LIKE FUCKING FOR CELIBACY.*

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"Twolves214" wrote:
    [size=12pt][/size] Assuming we don't trade up with our 7th pick, i think Adrian Peterson will be available for the vikes and they should take him.
    The vikings desperately need help in alot of areas, especially a wide reciever.
    Calvin Johnson will be gone and so will Brady Quinn.
    Adrian Peterson would be left as the best option, vikings need a running back who can share the load with chester taylor because right now we only have mewelde moore, ciatrick fason, and artose pinner.

I say we draft someone who doesn't get hurt a la Greenway, James, etc.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

IMO, we're probably going to trade down. I think we'll trade out of the 7th spot into the 20 range and get another 3rd or 4th rounder out of the deal. That way we pretty much have our pick of the litter when it comes to the wide receivers in the draft (Meachem, Bowe, Jarrett, etc.).

I see us going after a WR (or two), a DB, one or two offensive lineman, maybe a defensive lineman and maybe a quarterback somewhere in the middle rounds.

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

if
    AP is there... hands down we should take em

"DustinDupont" wrote:
    if
    I like Peterson, and I would like to see him in purple, but I kind of think he'd be a wasted pick.

We just have SO MANY other holes to fix. We need a receiver (or two), a right tackle (or guard), a defensive tackle/end for depth, a nickel back....I just think taking a player at a position where we already have Chester Taylor and adquate depth is wrong.

But, then again maybe there are good players in the later rounds that Chilly has scoped out for those other positions and AP would be a great pick. I just don't think so.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Ltrey" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    if
    I like Peterson, and I would like to see him in purple, but I kind of think he'd be a wasted pick.

We just have SO MANY other holes to fix. We need a receiver (or two), a right tackle (or guard), a defensive tackle/end for depth, a nickel back....I just think taking a player at a position where we already have Chester Taylor and adquate depth is wrong.

But, then again maybe there are good players in the later rounds that Chilly has scoped out for those other positions and AP would be a great pick. I just don't think so.
    Yes, we do have other needs.
    But reaching to fill a need with the #7 pick would be more of a waste.

WR- Only Calvin Johnson would be worth #7
    RT or RG - Only Joe Thomas
    DE/DT - Gaines Adams or Amobi Okoye.
    I don't think Anderson should be rated this high.
    CB - Nobody.

So if Johnson, Thomas, Adams, or Okoye are there at #7 I say go for it.
    If not, take the BPA, even if it is AP, or Quinn for that matter.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

davike is offline Team Alumni

I am really starting to hate the #7 pick :

I wouldn't mind seeing Peterson in purple, but I really want to take a WR with out first pick. But then many good WRs have come from later rounds. I don't want to take a QB or any of the top defensive players with our first pick, I wouldn't mind getting one of the pass rushing DEs though. I would like to trade down and take Meachem.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

BritishVike is offline Rookie

The number one option is to trade down...regardless of who's available...unless its CJ or Gaines but i think theyll both be long gone. Ive expressed my opinion of trading up in other threads so i wont reiterate it here in detail again but basically if CJ falls to #4 then up is an option id like to see us go for. That said if we cant trade down and those two have gone (CJ and Gaines), then its BPA. Whether thats Peterson or whoever. If we reach and get a player worth probably a lot less than we should pay them...to put it nicely... i'll be pissed. I want to see us draft well on the first day and pick up some quality position fillers, that might be able to start or at least compete from week one.

Everybody knows AP is a talent, heck if we get him combined with a healthy Chester we might not even need to throw the ball effectively. But if we cant trade down, 2nd round is a WR...no matter what!!! We need to be the team this year that picks up that 2nd or 3rd or 4th round sleeper that can contribute and turn games around.

Looking forward to the watching the draft!! GO VIKES!!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    if

CB - Nobody.

You should have read my first post Nodak!

I expressed my desire to trade down...thus meaning there wouldn't be a reach at #7.
    ;D

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Ltrey" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    if

CB - Nobody.

You should have read my first post Nodak!

I expressed my desire to trade down...thus meaning there wouldn't be a reach at #7.
    ;D
    Sorry! ;D

I agree that trading down is the number one option.
    I just wonder who would be able or willing to trade up to the number #7 spot.
    I have a feeling that we will be keeping the #7 whether we want to or not.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast