Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Re: Draft in 7 days, whats your take??

"Twolves214" wrote:
    [size=12pt][/size] Assuming we don't trade up with our 7th pick, i think Adrian Peterson will be available for the vikes and they should take him.
    The vikings desperately need help in alot of areas, especially a wide reciever.
    Calvin Johnson will be gone and so will Brady Quinn.
    Adrian Peterson would be left as the best option, vikings need a running back who can share the load with chester taylor because right now we only have mewelde moore, ciatrick fason, and artose pinner.
    Pinner is a worthless sack and should be put in the gallows in a public setting where I can throw monkey feces at him.
    Him and Whitaker.
    Inexcusably piss poor game killing football players.

maxinator11 is offline Rookie

I'd have to go with Adrian Peterson as well... i mean look at the Saints, i noe they had a monster steal in Marques Colsten and Joe Horn too... but Reggie Bush led all RB rookies in receptions and yards, AP could be another reciever for MN w/ Taylor in the backfield... wat do u guyz think???

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

My take is they better address the OL & get some help there.

Right now we don't even have a back-up on the team if either one of our tackles goes down.

It also means right now we are stuck with Johnson at right tackle all year long, since there isn't even any competition at tackle.

Hicks will get the start, why I don't know, with maybe competition coming from Herrera & Martin. But Herrara is a RFA & still could be signed away which would leave us with only 1 backup guard.

Birk will be backed up by Cook as far as I know, but I here ramblings here about him being too tall for center & might be a back-up G or T.

If that is the case, our only option as backup center is Norm Katnik.

Katnik? Who the hell is Katnik? Anyone.....................Buehler?

As you can see, with a lackluster right line & little or no players as backups, at some point in the draft, Childress better address it. He had better address it.

Because with our luck, sure as you are born, we'll loose a tackle before the start of the regular season due to some type of injury & will be sucking hind tit without so much as a 3rd tackle on the roster.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    My take is they better address the OL & get some help there.

Right now we don't even have a back-up on the team if either one of our tackles goes down.

It also means right now we are stuck with Johnson at right tackle all year long, since there isn't even any competition at tackle.

Hicks will get the start, why I don't know, with maybe competition coming from Herrera & Martin. But Herrara is a RFA & still could be signed away which would leave us with only 1 backup guard.

Birk will be backed up by Cook as far as I know, but I here ramblings here about him being too tall for center & might be a back-up G or T.

If that is the case, our only option as backup center is Norm Katnik.

Katnik? Who the hell is Katnik? Anyone.....................Buehler?

As you can see, with a lackluster right line & little or no players as backups, at some point in the draft, Childress better address it. He had better address it.

Because with our luck, sure as you are born, we'll loose a tackle before the start of the regular season due to some type of injury & will be sucking hind tit without so much as a 3rd tackle on the roster.
    [img width=60 height=80]http://images.nfl.com/images/players/60x80/494519.jpg[/img]
    http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/494519

He started 2 games with us last year, but It looks like he's a nobody that did nothing
    http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/494519/splits/2006

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

[img width=60 height=80]http://images.nfl.com/images/players/60x80/494519.jpg[/img]
    http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/494519

He started 2 games with us last year, but It looks like he's a nobody that did nothing
    http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/494519/splits/2006

I know that. I checked it out. I was just being sarcastic.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

I sure hope we grab Quinn :P

Perch56 is offline Pro-Bowler

im just hoping we dont do anything stupid and hope we take the best player available or we take a smart need player

jonnyb is offline Rookie

What if we took levi brown? That would be interesting. Then Steve Smith in the second.

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "vikes_4_life_42" wrote:
    its alright man (or woman, whatever you are). just make sure you search through the forums to see if there is any related topics before starting new threads!!

i personaly would love to get adrian peterson. i know vikes need a WR but i dont think there is any WR worthy of a 7th overal other than calvin johnson and we all know he will be long gone. chilly has talked about having chester share the load this year so i think we should give AP a shot. the only thing is though, when CT got hurt last year, the backups werent HORRIBLE or anything. so its not like we DESPERATELY need help at RB. the main thing is, i think if we are looking for the best player over all that will (should i should say) be available at 7, AP is our man.
    Uh oh, BLV, here she goes again!

:P
    hey!! whats that supposed to mean?!?!
    :P
    "God has blessed me tremendously. I'd be a fool to complain."
    "From what I understand, the coaches will put the best 11 on the field."
    -Tyrell Johnson

simonsparre is offline Pro-Bowler

My biggest hope is that we trade down and pick Anthony Spencer. But AD would also be fantastic!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast