Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 104
  1. #1
    Twolves214 is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    9

    Draft in 7 days, whats your take??

    [size=12pt][/size] Assuming we don't trade up with our 7th pick, i think Adrian Peterson will be available for the vikes and they should take him.
    The vikings desperately need help in alot of areas, especially a wide reciever.
    Calvin Johnson will be gone and so will Brady Quinn.
    Adrian Peterson would be left as the best option, vikings need a running back who can share the load with chester taylor because right now we only have mewelde moore, ciatrick fason, and artose pinner.

  2. #2
    Property0f's Avatar
    Property0f is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    436

    Re: Draft in 7 days, whats your take??

    "Twolves214" wrote:
    [size=12pt][/size] Assuming we don't trade up with our 7th pick, i think Adrian Peterson will be available for the vikes and they should take him.
    The vikings desperately need help in alot of areas, especially a wide reciever.
    Calvin Johnson will be gone and so will Brady Quinn.
    Adrian Peterson would be left as the best option, vikings need a running back who can share the load with chester taylor because right now we only have mewelde moore, ciatrick fason, and artose pinner.
    The other 20 threads on the draft weren't suitable for you to post your opinion in?

    Anyways, the Redskins will probably trade down on draft day, so who ever takes their spot will determine who we pick. If a team like the Bills or the Packers move up they will more than likely snatch up AP.

  3. #3
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,570

    Re: Draft in 7 days, whats your take??

    "Property0f" wrote:
    "Twolves214" wrote:
    [size=12pt][/size] Assuming we don't trade up with our 7th pick, i think Adrian Peterson will be available for the vikes and they should take him.
    The vikings desperately need help in alot of areas, especially a wide reciever.
    Calvin Johnson will be gone and so will Brady Quinn.
    Adrian Peterson would be left as the best option, vikings need a running back who can share the load with chester taylor because right now we only have mewelde moore, ciatrick fason, and artose pinner.
    The other 20 threads on the draft weren't suitable for you to post your opinion in?

    Anyways, the Redskins will probably trade down on draft day, so who ever takes their spot will determine who we pick. If a team like the Bills or the Packers move up they will more than likely snatch up AP.
    He's a noob, he'll learn.....unless he's related to hell boy.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    919

    Re: Draft in 7 days, whats your take??

    its alright man (or woman, whatever you are). just make sure you search through the forums to see if there is any related topics before starting new threads!!

    i personaly would love to get adrian peterson. i know vikes need a WR but i dont think there is any WR worthy of a 7th overal other than calvin johnson and we all know he will be long gone. chilly has talked about having chester share the load this year so i think we should give AP a shot. the only thing is though, when CT got hurt last year, the backups werent HORRIBLE or anything. so its not like we DESPERATELY need help at RB. the main thing is, i think if we are looking for the best player over all that will (should i should say) be available at 7, AP is our man.
    "God has blessed me tremendously. I'd be a fool to complain."
    "From what I understand, the coaches will put the best 11 on the field."
    -Tyrell Johnson

  5. #5
    PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,738

    Re: Draft in 7 days, whats your take??

    "vikes_4_life_42" wrote:
    its alright man (or woman, whatever you are). just make sure you search through the forums to see if there is any related topics before starting new threads!!

    i personaly would love to get adrian peterson. i know vikes need a WR but i dont think there is any WR worthy of a 7th overal other than calvin johnson and we all know he will be long gone. chilly has talked about having chester share the load this year so i think we should give AP a shot. the only thing is though, when CT got hurt last year, the backups werent HORRIBLE or anything. so its not like we DESPERATELY need help at RB. the main thing is, i think if we are looking for the best player over all that will (should i should say) be available at 7, AP is our man.
    Uh oh, BLV, here she goes again!

    :P

  6. #6
    vikes2456's Avatar
    vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,656

    Re: Draft in 7 days, whats your take??

    I'm really pulling for Landry,. I'm all for building a monsterous D

  7. #7
    Benet's Avatar
    Benet is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,976

    Re: Draft in 7 days, whats your take??

    "vikes2456" wrote:
    I'm really pulling for Landry,. I'm all for building a monsterous D
    I'd love a top 5 defence, but it would make Bears/Vikes games intolerable to watch..

    "And here's Tarvaris Jackson, he looks like he's checking off here. There's the snap.. He drops back.. SACK! FUMBLE! Recovered by the Bears!"

    2 minutes later

    "Now Rex Grossman gets to show us what he can do.. Calling his protection scheme, there's the snap.. FUMBLE!! Recovered by the Vikings!"

    Repeat ad infinitum

  8. #8
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,840

    Re: Draft in 7 days, whats your take??

    I love the idea of adding AP to our rushing attack!!
    He and Chester would be one hell of a one-two punch!
    Bringing AP into the game late as a home run threat against tired Defenses would be HUGE!!

    BUT, maybe he's a luxury we can't afford.
    There is a ton of potential at the RB position, some of it will be available later, like in the 3rd or 4th rds...as previously mentioned, our backups looked pretty good running behind our massive line.

    Maybe we'd be better served going for the pass rushing DE we need, or if the top prospects there are gone, taking Landry to solidify our Safety spot for when Sharper retires...

    And then, Jarret or Gonzales or ??? at WR in the 2nd round!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  9. #9
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,279

    Re: Draft in 7 days, whats your take??

    "vikes2456" wrote:
    I'm really pulling for Landry,. I'm all for building a monsterous D
    I think our D has a chance to be monstrous without a first round pick. Our offence will definetly be below average if we don't add some playmakers. The first pick should be for offense, probably the best reciever available.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    999

    Re: Draft in 7 days, whats your take??

    Draft?

    { removes fishing hat with several flies and lures attached, scratches top of head - with a full head of hair at an advanced age, returns hat to original position, tugging on the brim to adjust it to properly shield eyes from sunshine }

    To what draft are you referring?

    { grins broadly, from ear to ear }




    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. NFL Draft to start on Thursday night, last three freakin' days
    By Marrdro in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 10:36 PM
  2. Draft Risers and Sliders: Pro Days
    By marstc09 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-06-2009, 06:01 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-07-2008, 08:43 AM
  4. MOVED: Draft in 7 days, whats your take??
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 12:50 PM
  5. Del, whats your View of the upcoming Draft?
    By NordicNed in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-09-2007, 06:52 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •