Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DRAFT

texpurple is offline Waterboy

DRAFT

DRAT: PROSPECTIVE FROM TEXAS.

AS FOR Q.B. I HAVE HARD TIME BELIEVING ANY OF THE "TOP RATED" QB'S ARE WORTH TRADING UP FOR. CUTLER IS NOT A TOP FLIGHT QB, TEAMS DRAFT QB'S OUT IF NEED (SAN FRANCISCO) AND GET LITLLE BUT PAY A LOT.

LIENART THINKS HE IS A MOVIE STAR AND HAS NO PLACE IN MINNESOTA.

I LIVE IN TEXAS... BORN AND RAISD FRO 23 YEARS IN MANKATO MINNESOTA. I HAVE BECOME A BIT OF A BAND WAGON TEXAS FAN. BUT... I TRULY BELIEVE VINCE YOUNG DOES NOT HAVE THE WHERE WITH ALL TO PLAY IN THE NFL. HE WILL BE A FAILURE OF DIATEROUS PROPORTIONS. I LEAVE IT AT THAT.

LET CHILDRESS DRAFT A QB IN ROUND 2, DEVELOP HIM.. AND START HIM WHEN JOHNSON HITS THE WALL.

RUNNING BACK IS NOT A MAJOR NEED.... I BELEIVE TAYLOR WILL BE A STEAL. SOME DEPTH WILL BE GOOD IF SMITH (WIZZONATOR) CAN HANG AROUND.

OOH... YOU GUYS REMEMEBER TOMMY "THE DRUNK" KRAMER. HE BOUGHT A HOUSE NEAR SAN ANTONIO.. HE DOES RADIO ADS FOR A LOCAL GOLF COURSE. HE SEEMS TO HAVE STOPPED DRINKING ACCORDING TO A GUY I KNOW THAT BELONEGS TO THE CLUB. HE NEVER SEE'S KRAMER AT THE BAR AND NEVE HAS SEENS HIM STUNBLING INTO WALLS OR STRIKING TREE'S WITH HIS VEHICLE.

WITH ALL THAT SAID... IT'S NO SECRET THAT MOST... NOT ALL... CHAMPIONS WIN WITH A KICK ASS... HARD CORE... DEFENSE AND AN AFFENSE THAT CAN HOLD THE BALL... AND SCORE WHEN GIVEN OPPORTUNITYS.

MINESOTA NEED TO DRRAFT DEFENSE IN TE FIRST ROUND.. LB WOULD BE A GOOD START. NOP NAMES TO TOSS AROUND YET. MY ESPN MAG JUST GOT HERE.... MORE LATER

WHT DO YOU ALL THINK... :la:

MINNESOTA NEED HELP ON TH ELINE ( GOLDBERG) AND

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: DRAFT

"Webby" wrote:
    13. NO POSTING IN ALL CAPS.
    Forum Rules

Prophet Guest

"texpurple" wrote:
    ...WHT DO YOU ALL THINK... :la:...

I think that I don't like being yelled at.

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

...wow

um.....nice insights.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Why do you even address Lienart? There is no way we would even draft the guy. We have the 17th pick and nobody is going to trade their top 3 for a 17 and then some.

How can you make a thread like this, but you have to wait for an ESPN magazine before deciding on which defensive players are worthy of drafting? You are going to rely on somebody elses analysis rather than your own? :scratch:

I guess that is better than going by Madden ratings...kinda.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

I think Mankato must have one hell of an education system! lol.

Seriously, I agree with you 100%.

Championships are virtually impossible to win without defense.

Everyone seems to talk about big Ben and the Bus and the creative play

calling that led to the championship last year. But the Steelers had an

excellent defense.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

I agree with you....I dont think it would be worth trading up that high, wasting those picks, and getting one guy that could possibly be a bust...! I think our picks this year are way to valuble! This draft is deep, and we could get a qb in the 2nd or 3rd round, who could learn under brad!

I'm not exactly sure who I would draft, but I know that Whitehurst or Croyle should be available 3rd round..!

VikingGuy43 is offline Rookie

I definitely agree with the fact that drafting a QB is always risky... but honestly drafting a player from any position can result in finding a bust. The QB position just receives more attention when a bust is drafted because it is probably the most prominent position in sports.

As for what this Texas guy is saying... the Vikes have no prayer at Leinert, and I don't think any prayer at Vince Young either (I think those guys are going #2 and #3). That leaves us with Cutler or drafting a QB in round 2. Cutler is reminding me too much of Boller, JP Losman, and Patrick Ramsey, in that before workouts he was somewhat of an unknown. Look how good those 3 guys turned out? I really don't like any of the 2nd round guys that much either... Brodie Croyle is Ken Dorsey except with more injuries (he weighs 205), Whitehurst has been too eratic, and Omar Jacobs comes from a QB friendly system (Urban Meyer's offense is still run at Bowling Green)

Let's not wasted a high pick on a QB this year. We have our starter in Brad, the new guy isn't going to play for at least a year, so draft someone in the later rounds this year, and get the QB of the future next year. We have way too many other needs to be spending high picks on an unlikely to succeed QB.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingGuy43" wrote:
    I definitely agree with the fact that drafting a QB is always risky... but honestly drafting a player from any position can result in finding a bust. The QB position just receives more attention when a bust is drafted because it is probably the most prominent position in sports.

As for what this Texas guy is saying... the Vikes have no prayer at Leinert, and I don't think any prayer at Vince Young either (I think those guys are going #2 and #3). That leaves us with Cutler or drafting a QB in round 2. Cutler is reminding me too much of Boller, JP Losman, and Patrick Ramsey, in that before workouts he was somewhat of an unknown. Look how good those 3 guys turned out? I really don't like any of the 2nd round guys that much either... Brodie Croyle is Ken Dorsey except with more injuries (he weighs 205), Whitehurst has been too eratic, and Omar Jacobs comes from a QB friendly system (Urban Meyer's offense is still run at Bowling Green)

Let's not wasted a high pick on a QB this year. We have our starter in Brad, the new guy isn't going to play for at least a year, so draft someone in the later rounds this year, and get the QB of the future next year. We have way too many other needs to be spending high picks on an unlikely to succeed QB.
    I have to agree somewhat with this statement...UNLESS we can land one of the top three (by trading up), we just need to chill out, get some good players with our draft picks...and then look for a franchise QB next season.

I do however think that either Whitehurst or Croyle would be good values in the third round.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikingGuy43 is offline Rookie

"cajunvike" wrote:
    [quote]"VikingGuy43" wrote:

I have to agree somewhat with this statement...UNLESS we can land one of the top three (by trading up), we just need to chill out, get some good players with our draft picks...and then look for a franchise QB next season.

I do however think that either Whitehurst or Croyle would be good values in the third round.[/quote]

I would agree with you there, especially since we have two third round picks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast