Ddawg84 is offline Starter

Re: Draft

"Benet" wrote:
    "Ddawg84" wrote:
    1st rd pick--- Ernie Sims
    2nd rd pick--- Darnell Bing
    2nd rd pick--- Omar Jacobs
    3rd rd pick--- Greg Eslinger
    5th rd pick--- Marcus Vick ( take a chance on him even though he is an idiot, he might shape up battling with Jacobs for the job of takin over for BJ!... this risk is worth the reward if our QB coach can mold him.)

definately will not all happen... i dont think anyway... but that scenerio would make the vikings a force to be reconded with, if they are not already...
    I agree with you up to Marcus Vick. In no uncertain terms.. F--k Marcus Vick. If the kid acts like a prick in college, with everyone there to support him and try to keep him on the straight and narrow, and he STILL pulls out 9's at people, then how is he going to act when he's on his own in a new city?!

Did I say how much I loved your other picks though?

:grin:

Thanks Benet... that would be an amazing scenerio if it works out! And I know what your mean about Vick, when I mentioned him I expected that kind of response... but you would have to think someone is eventually gunna take a chance on him... but with Childress cleaning house, it would be hard to convince him to take that chance.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

marcus will be there in the 6th round
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

Or 5th I heard maybe we should take a chance just in case the other QB doesn't work out though. It is a longshot though knowing how strict Childress is which I think is great because mike tice let everyone run all over him. Childress will definetily not let that happen and we will be able to go to the playoffs possibly even this year without culpepper.

Formerly Viking24

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"VIKINGinGEORGIA" wrote:
    Lets start by saying Cutler is OVERHYPED!!!
    1. D. Williams or White
    2. I would go Hodge but, his bench was kind of weak. So, Giles OG from GA
    3. Omar Jacobs

4. Greg Blue, GA Safety
    why do u want a RB and an OG? we are still in contact with neil, and johnson, herrera, goldberg are still on the roster..we are using chester taylor as our RB..our offense is set dude, we need to patch up the D!!
    1. Ernie Sims
    2. Omar Jacobs
    3. Darnell Bing

we can take a RB in like the 4th round since we always get good quality backs in the mid-late rounds
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"Ddawg84" wrote:
    "Benet" wrote:
    "Ddawg84" wrote:
    1st rd pick--- Ernie Sims
    2nd rd pick--- Darnell Bing
    2nd rd pick--- Omar Jacobs
    3rd rd pick--- Greg Eslinger
    5th rd pick--- Marcus Vick ( take a chance on him even though he is an idiot, he might shape up battling with Jacobs for the job of takin over for BJ!... this risk is worth the reward if our QB coach can mold him.)

definately will not all happen... i dont think anyway... but that scenerio would make the vikings a force to be reconded with, if they are not already...
    I agree with you up to Marcus Vick. In no uncertain terms.. F--k Marcus Vick. If the kid acts like a prick in college, with everyone there to support him and try to keep him on the straight and narrow, and he STILL pulls out 9's at people, then how is he going to act when he's on his own in a new city?!

Did I say how much I loved your other picks though?

:grin:

Thanks Benet... that would be an amazing scenerio if it works out! And I know what your mean about Vick, when I mentioned him I expected that kind of response... but you would have to think someone is eventually gunna take a chance on him... but with Childress cleaning house, it would be hard to convince him to take that chance.
    the only objection i would have is having to keep 4 QBs on the roster..vick and jacobs fighting over a backup spot isnt going to be a good situation if BJ goes down..i say just draft Jacobs who is better suited for our offense and hasnt had authority problems yet..if vick turns into a great player somewhere else, then whatever..uve already seen how god awful his brother is trying to throw the ball in the WCO..the vicks can only be successful if their offense lets them run as much as possible..make them throw, and they can easily be shut down
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

F--k Marcus Vick.
    its okay hell just go to the next level baby!!!
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

tarkenton10 is online now Star Spokesman

Unless we trade up my realistic draft that I would be very happy with would be:

1st - Sims/Greenway - one or maybe both will be here for us. Sims - best upside of backers in the draft. Greenway may be the best OLB in the draft. Not as fast as Hawk but IMO a better tackler.

2nd A - Brodie Croyle - Great presence in the pocket, great arm. He seems to have all the tools I look for in a QB. Only question may be his knees. But his talent is worth th erisk in th e2nd round.

2nd B - D'Qwell Jackson - ILB Very talented, I like his style of play.

3rd - Gilles, Lutui, Eslinger - Whoever is there! most likely ESLINGER. Gilles and Lutui are 1st or 2nd rounders in my book.

4th - Best SS left

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

1st- Vince Young (amazing if he slipped)
    2nd- Abdul Hodge
    2nd- Darnell Bing
    3rd- Greg Eslinger
    4th- Derek Hagen

That's my dream draft.. And it would go nothing like that.. But wow that would be amazing

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    1st- Vince Young (amazing if he slipped)
    2nd- Abdul Hodge
    2nd- Darnell Bing
    3rd- Greg Eslinger
    4th- Derek Hagen

That's my dream draft.. And it would go nothing like that.. But wow that would be amazing
    This morning they was talking about Vince being the quarterback who falls. It was either sportscenter or mike and mike, forget which.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123