As everyone knows the draft is coming. i just wanted to know what all the other viking fans are wanting in this years draft. Who are the top 5 players that would help minnesota the most, but could also fall past the top ten knowing we all love the reggie bushs but he just aint gonna fall to the vikes pick.
here are my top 5
1. ERNIE SIMS
2. VERNON DAVIS
3. MICHAEL HUFF
4. JIMMY WILLIAMs
5. LAURENCE MARONEY (but we just signed taylor)
If we don't move up for a quarterback, this is what I'd like to see the first day of the draft.
1st - Ernie Sims, OLB, Florida State. (Perfect fit...)
2nd(a) - Daniel Bullocks, S, Nebraska. (Replacement for Chavous who has been soaring up draft boards. Could battle it out with Offord in TC)
2nd(b) - Omar Jacobs, QB, Bowling Green. (Someone I've very high on, and have been high on for a while)
3rd - DeMario Minter, CB, Georgia. (Or the best cornerback avaliable at the pick. We really need a nickel corner. I'm not sold on Devonte Edwards enough to give him significant playing time...)
1. Jay cutler
2. Jimmy Williams
3. Chad Greenway
4. Ernie Sims
Here are my top five (LLballa, Vernon Davis is almost certainly a first rounder, probably to chicago: I could be wrong though)
1. Mathias Kiwanuka or Elvis Dumervil- (Shores up the d- end spot)
2. Omar Jacobs- (I saw him play in Boise last year and he is an extremely accurate passer, possible future franchise qb.)
3. Daryn Colledge- (could be a steal in the third round, I believe that he is the second best Tackle in the draft, only gave up one sack in four years! He could also play gaurd if needed.)
4. DeMeco Ryans- (if he is still available, very althletic lb out of bama)
5. last but not least... Garrett Wolfe- (a small guy, but very strong and fast, I have heard that his work ethic is phenominal.)
NO CORNERS IN THIS DRAFT
Adrian wilson last year
we have SOLID devonte edwards and gallishaw.
yo we see eye to eye
i think we should trade up to like 9 or 10 and get sims so we dont miss this.
u see the hit stick he pute on winslow. like i said one hitta quitas
u think we should trade up?
no, little kid, no.
we don't trade up for the sole reason that no team will take sims before us.
all of these picks are my top 5 regardless of what round projected more based on our first pick in the draft.
1st rd pick--- Ernie Sims
2nd rd pick--- Darnell Bing
2nd rd pick--- Omar Jacobs
3rd rd pick--- Greg Eslinger
5th rd pick--- Marcus Vick ( take a chance on him even though he is an idiot, he might shape up battling with Jacobs for the job of takin over for BJ!... this risk is worth the reward if our QB coach can mold him.)
definately will not all happen... i dont think anyway... but that scenerio would make the vikings a force to be reconded with, if they are not already... :)
2. Bing or Greenway
3. SS or LB due to #2
4. Jerome Harrison
5. Brandon Marshall