Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: D'Qwell Jackson

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: D'Qwell Jackson

Ok, i don't really know what else you look for in a Safety. He's proven regardless of who they played.

I guess the same could be said for the rest of there players going into the draft, even though they made plays they played mediocre teams so they will never make at above average play in the NFL.

Answer this question. How can you just be barely above average in college football and be a projected 1st round draft pic, for that matter a 1st day pic?

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: D'Qwell Jackson

"vikingstw" wrote:
    Ok, i don't really know what else you look for in a Safety. He's proven regardless of who they played.

I guess the same could be said for the rest of there players going into the draft, even though they made plays they played mediocre teams so they will never make at above average play in the NFL.

Answer this question. How can you just be barely above average in college football and be a projected 1st round draft pic, for that matter a 1st day pic?
    i was pointing out that he played average to really crappy teams at best and produced sub-above average #'s. and to answer your question he's been on an amazing team that went to the rose bowl 2x, he had started since freshman year and has played consistent throught. again, a good player, but not 1st round good. AND, not saying he wont go in the 1st round, more power to him, but he's not going to be that (emphasis on that) good.

and other college guys who were great, but played on mediocre teams whos players were just that. mediocre. he was surrounded by some of the top players in the nation. top recruits from all over texas. he put consistent good #'s up, which do eventually add up. and those players that played at an amazing level during those games are the top recruits and eventual 1st rounders. ***reggie bush vs. ucla*** is a prime example.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123