Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: D'Qwell Jackson

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: D'Qwell Jackson

not to be mean vikingstw, but have you seen micheal huff play? he has never stood out in any of the numerous games ive seen him. he's a average player who has never had any amazing plays, or hard hits, or playmaking ability for that matter. hes a consistent player whos been a good safety for texas, but not a first round pick or a sucessful safety in the NFL like most people think.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"vikes09" wrote:
    not to be mean vikingstw, but have you seen micheal huff play? he has never stood out in any of the numerous games ive seen him. he's a average player who has never had any amazing plays, or hard hits, or playmaking ability for that matter. hes a consistent player whos been a good safety for texas, but not a first round pick or a sucessful safety in the NFL like most people think.
    exactly, huff is by no means going to be as dominant as some ppl on these boards are assuming
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"vikes09" wrote:
    Michael Huff DB 6’1 205 Texas
    By: Robert Davis

Michael Huff has been a playmaker since stepping on to the field as a freshman in 2002 for Texas. He earned freshman All American honors after finishing the season with 70 tackles, 10 for loss, and two interceptions, both of which were returned for touchdowns. As a sophomore, Huff tallied 66 tackles and two interceptions, with both of those being returned for touchdowns. Huff earned All Big 12 and All American honors as a junior, finishing the year with 73 tackles and two picks. He also ran track for Texas in 2004.

Huff is one of the more versatile defensive backs in the draft. He has experience at both safety and corner, and has had success at both. He has a nose for the football at either spot, and breaks well on the ball. Playmaker is the best word to describe Huff. He has all the tools to be a standout defensive back at the next level. He's got good size, he's athletic, and he's fast. His versatility makes him even more intriguing.

Playing both safety and corner has left him a little unpolished at both positions. He needs to show more discipline at safety because he always good for the big play. At corner, he relies on his athleticism too much and will need work.

Huff has the talent to play whatever position he wants to play. I believe he projects better to safety because he is more ready to play at that position at the next level. He will need some time to learn the corner position. As a free safety, he brings excellent playmaking ability and would be a great cover man for any secondary. Individual workouts after the season will determine where teams feel he will be better served playing, and will ultimately decide his draft stock. He could go anywhere in the Top 50 with quality workouts.
    http://www.footballsfuture.com/2006/prospects/michael_huff.html

[hr]
    http://media.putfile.com/Michael-Huff
    Here's proof of his playmaking ability.
    [hr]

Huff was awarded the Thorpe Award given the best defensive back for that year. I don't know if i've every read a falser statement then the two posted above this one, :roll: .

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

I'm a-goin to be prayin that Jackson falls to us in the second round. He would be amazing, especially if we sign Peterson/Witherspoon to go along with EJ. We could then put DT as a backup and on special teams, where he would do well IMO.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

ajefx is offline Rookie

I would LOVE it if D'Qwell fell to us in round 2. While he's not as decorated coming out of UMD as Henderson was, he looks to be a better pro prospect. He's got a great nose for the football that keeps him in every play. Size will be an issue at the NFL, and he'll probably move to the outside, but his football smarts and natural talent will allow him to excell at whatever position he plays.

In addition to his talent, he was a true leader on the field for the Terps. I believe it was against Wake, but I can't remember, but early last season, he was rallying the troops in the locker room. He got so heated pumping the players up he punched a locker, leaving it dented. That's the same intensity he plays with on the field.

http://image60.webshots.com/160/0/66/9/478006609zELjBY_ph.jpg
    Me and my boys in D'Qwell's Army (I'm the R)
    <<Hates Ted Cottrell with a passion

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"vikingstw" wrote:
    "vikes09" wrote:

Michael Huff has been a playmaker since stepping on to the field as a freshman in 2002 for Texas. He earned freshman All American honors after finishing the season with 70 tackles, 10 for loss, and two interceptions, both of which were returned for touchdowns. As a sophomore, Huff tallied 66 tackles and two interceptions, with both of those being returned for touchdowns. Huff earned All Big 12 and All American honors as a junior, finishing the year with 73 tackles and two picks. He also ran track for Texas in 2004.

Huff is one of the more versatile defensive backs in the draft. He has experience at both safety and corner, and has had success at both. He has a nose for the football at either spot, and breaks well on the ball. Playmaker is the best word to describe Huff. He has all the tools to be a standout defensive back at the next level. He's got good size, he's athletic, and he's fast. His versatility makes him even more intriguing.

Playing both safety and corner has left him a little unpolished at both positions. He needs to show more discipline at safety because he always good for the big play. At corner, he relies on his athleticism too much and will need work.

Huff has the talent to play whatever position he wants to play. I believe he projects better to safety because he is more ready to play at that position at the next level. He will need some time to learn the corner position. As a free safety, he brings excellent playmaking ability and would be a great cover man for any secondary. Individual workouts after the season will determine where teams feel he will be better served playing, and will ultimately decide his draft stock. He could go anywhere in the Top 50 with quality workouts.

[hr]
    [hr]

Huff was awarded the Thorpe Award given the best defensive back for that year. I don't know if i've every read a falser statement then the two posted above this one, :roll: .

Huff is a playmaker, and has all the tools to be a great player in the NFL. That little prospect sheet right there proves it..

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I wonder what he's projected to go in the draft...What Pick?...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I just did a quick search, and the mock had him going at #7...

I guess he ranks right up there, more likely than not, he'll be gone before we pick.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

"vikingstw" wrote:
    "vikes09" wrote:

[hr]
    [hr]

Thanks for posting that, I wanted to know a little bit more about him but was too lazy to do the research myself. haha sounds like quite a stud, if he lives up to his college years in the pros I would definitely agree with your sig.
    ;-)

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

"vikingstw" wrote:
    "vikes09" wrote:

[hr]
    [hr]

aTm
    baylor
    oklahoma state
    rice
    louisiana lafayette
    arkansas
    missouri
    texas tech. (which played decent actually)
    a few teams that texas has played against this and last year. all of them very unimpressive to say the least. he has played at a barely above average level and played that way consistently in college. did you see the rose bowl game? stuffed several times by white, granted he did record the most tackles on texas. im NOT saying he's a bad player, but he wont be a stud like most people think. he will be in the NFL, and he will start and play decently, put up mediocre #s. i just dont think we'll see him in Honolulu like some of the other guys will, and people here think.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast