Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: D'Qwell Jackson

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

D'Qwell Jackson

So im drooling over all the LB talent in this years Draft....watch this video and tell me what you think. D'Qwell for those who dont know is out of Maryland, the same school who produced the monster, Shawn Merriman (mind the spelling)

http://umterps.collegesports.com/fridgetv/video-iframe.html?&url=http://mfile.akamai.com/16410/wmv/mlbcs.download.akamai.com/16410/open/umd/2005/mfb/video/archive11/111505-dqwell-all-american.asx

watch and enjoy.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: D'Qwell Jackson

Highlights look good. He looks like a fast player..

Those are some solid numbers on tackles per game also...

I can't really comment on him as a player though, don't know anything about him.....

But holds some nice ACC titles....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    So im drooling over all the LB talent in this years Draft....watch this video and tell me what you think. D'Qwell for those who dont know is out of Maryland, the same school who produced the monster, Shawn Merriman (mind the spelling)

http://umterps.collegesports.com/fridgetv/video-iframe.html?&url=http://mfile.akamai.com/16410/wmv/mlbcs.download.akamai.com/16410/open/umd/2005/mfb/video/archive11/111505-dqwell-all-american.asx

watch and enjoy.
    Don't forget the school that also produced EJ Henderson. I remember when the ACC player of the year was intervirwed (his name escapes me, RB from wake forest) they asked him who was the best player he had ever played against and he responded "EJ Henderson". I thought that was interesting.

Nice vid. D'Qwell is a monster. We need to try to steal him in the 2nd round.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Ya I'd love to get him or my sleeper Ernie Sims.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

XxS2TheEvoxX is offline Pro-Bowler

Unfortunately, some people would call it a reach if we took him at #17... and we probably wouldn't be able to grab him in the 2nd.

If we solve our runningback need through free agency, then we could look to trade down with someone... get a few more picks and take D'Qwell or Ernie Simms.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:

watch and enjoy.
    Don't forget the school that also produced EJ Henderson. I remember when the ACC player of the year was intervirwed (his name escapes me, RB from wake forest) they asked him who was the best player he had ever played against and he responded "EJ Henderson". I thought that was interesting.

Nice vid. D'Qwell is a monster. We need to try to steal him in the 2nd round.
    unfortunately EJ hasnt been able to adjust to the nfl game yet to live up to that
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

To get either Sims or Jackson past #17, we are going to have to trade up in the 2nd round to have a shot at at least one of them.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

that guy hit that wake forest qb right in the mouth. he is a tackling machine. he would look great in the 2nd round for us
    We're bringing purple back.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Anytime you go to draft players i think you look for guys that have that intesity for the game, the passion to be the best. I hope we find some guys like that. Guy looks like he was a great leader in the locker room and looks focused on the field. There' s alot of LB's in this years draft, i'm hoping to get one in the second round.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Here's a scouting report, bottom line is this guy produces, year after year much like Michael Huff this guys makes tackles and makes plays. I'm shocked he's not more hyped. Aside from his smaller frame you can't take anything away from a playmaker, a football player. This guy has the potential to be much like Jonathen Vilma who i really liked a couple years back, who i wanted to draft so bad.

D’Qwell Jackson LB 6’1 231 Maryland
    By: Robert Davis

D’Qwell Jackson has been a standout since his freshman season at Maryland. As a freshman he wracked up 51 tackles on the season. As a sophomore, he was named All ACC after finishing with 136 tackles, 7.5 for loss, 2.5 sacks, and two interceptions. Jackson again earned a All ACC after posting 123 tackles, 7 for loss, four sacks, and two interceptions on the season. His numbers did not fall off at all as a senior. Jackson became a 3 time All ACC performer after finishing with 137 tackles, 6.5 for loss, four sacks, and two interceptions.

D’Qwell is one of the better all around linebackers in the draft. He has a nose for the football in all aspects. He can drop into coverage, rush the passer, and get into the backfield to stuff the run. He has excellent game speed and lateral agility to make plays sideline to sideline. He is a true leader, and difference maker on the field.

Jackson’s size stands out as a weakness. He does not appear to be as big as his listed size. That may necessitate a move from the inside to the weakside in the NFL. It also can cause him to be engulfed by lineman when moving towards the line of scrimmage.

Aside from pure size, Jackson has it all. If he were 6’3 240, he’s every bit as hyped as A.J. Hawk of Ohio St and would be a Top 20 lock. Even with his lack of size, he is an excellent prospect, and should hear his name called in the first two rounds.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2006/prospects/dqwell_jackson.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast