Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Don't be surprised

What does everyone have against Young?

He wouldn't come in and start this year.. He would have a year or 2 to develop and work on his nacks..

Personally I would be thrilled to have him.. Add another playmaker on the O side of the ball

He can scramble.. He has a huge frame and is tall.. Can throw a nice ball and when he mechanics gets worked on he will be even better..

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I just see way to many similarities between him and Vick. Yes he did excel in the Rose Bowl and has not been plagued with injury.

I have a very hard time trying to see a guy do good in college and equate that the NFL; the NFL is a very different beast than college.

His mechanics are not all that and from what I read he has the mental capacity of a brick. He cannot even take a snap from under center that well either.

Am I on crack? Maybe. But, thats my opinion.
    I don't understand why everyone is so sold on him because of the Rose Bowl. All year everyone said that USC's defense was suspect. Goodness, they gave up 42 points to Fresno State! That's why I don't understand why Young's performance was that impressive. If USC's defense was so bad all year, then why is it such a shock that Young played well against them?

V4L

It wasn't just the Rose bowl guys..

He did this through out his whole career..

And during the Rose bowl.. Even though USC's D is pretty wack he still had to take the game into his own hands.. And he did that

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    You guys don't want him because he reminds you of Vick plain and simple. This guy is not Michael Vick. He excels in big games (rose bowls). He throws better and is less injury prone. Most draft experts have him compared to Mcnabb...which isn't bad at all.
    I consider that an indirect slap to the face of McNabb.

Gift is offline Coordinator

"ltrey33" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I just see way to many similarities between him and Vick. Yes he did excel in the Rose Bowl and has not been plagued with injury.

I have a very hard time trying to see a guy do good in college and equate that the NFL; the NFL is a very different beast than college.

His mechanics are not all that and from what I read he has the mental capacity of a brick. He cannot even take a snap from under center that well either.

I don't understand why everyone is so sold on him because of the Rose Bowl. All year everyone said that USC's defense was suspect. Goodness, they gave up 42 points to Fresno State! That's why I don't understand why Young's performance was that impressive. If USC's defense was so bad all year, then why is it such a shock that Young played well against them?
    I am impressed with anyone who steps up and takes control in the biggest game of their lives.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

V4L

"Gift" wrote:
    "ltrey33" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

I am impressed with anyone who steps up and takes control in the biggest game of their lives.

Exactly.. I've never seen anyone take a game like that into thier hands before.. simply it was amazing

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    What does everyone have against Young?

He wouldn't come in and start this year.. He would have a year or 2 to develop and work on his nacks..

Personally I would be thrilled to have him.. Add another playmaker on the O side of the ball

He can scramble.. He has a huge frame and is tall.. Can throw a nice ball and when he mechanics gets worked on he will be even better..
    I just don't think he will live up the the hype. I am suspect of any first round QB, given their success rate. And the ones that are mre hyped tend to be the ones who disappoint the most.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    "Gift" wrote:
    "ltrey33" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

Exactly.. I've never seen anyone take a game like that into thier hands before.. simply it was amazing
    Yes, we know. But, it was college and that was then and this is now.

You cannot just go by that forever.

V4L

Ultra.. Im not going just by that game..

Like I say in vertially every post I make of Vince Young.. He played at a high level throughtout his whole career..

And for some reason everyone thinks he is just gonna come into the NFL and suck?

The mechanics deal is way overrated.. There are plenty of sucessful QB's with awkward throwing styles..

The first wonderlic score he got was overrated.. Why do you need to know how long it would take to get from LA to Chicago if u drive 60 MPH throughout?

He will have time to develop and hopefully he will be the future of the Vikes

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

Vikez, do you really think he's that much better than say...Omar Jacobs?

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast