kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Don't Be Suprised If Locker is Vikings Man at 12

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094629
    Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1094613
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094566
    Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1094468
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094035
    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1093987
    I would personally want Orton if the Vikings can get him by trade. He would be my #1 choice.
    Good to see your smiling Avatar my friend.

I wouldn't be to upset with Orton, but kindof consider him along the lines of a Garcia.

Good reliable starter, but not a long term answer. Long story short, a guy like Orton means you don't think you can get to the SB, you just need him to take some reps while your rook gets ready to do that.

I would much rather see the rook get reps instead of Orton, if that makes sense.
    Gotta go with ej on this one marr. Orton has proven to be pretty good in Denver. His last year with the Bears he was looking very good until his injury. He did not have time to heal up that year because Grossman was pathetic and Orton came back to help the team while he was still injured.
    He is young enough that he could still play for quite a few years.
    Don't get me wrong, I like Orton but I kindof hold him in the same area as a Jeff Garcia. Good, capable, but not what we need to get this team over the hump.

If we are going to burn picks on a vet, I hope its for a guy like Kolb who I think can get us over the hump. If its not Kolb then I want them to invest those picks in a rook that will get us over the hump.

Again, McNabb, Orton, good QB's that we will/would win with under Center, but I'm tired of winning a few games. I want to get over the hump.
    We've had 50 yrs of QB's that haven't been able to get us over the hump. Why start now?
    LOL. well played my friend. Well played indeed.
    Besides Marr,
    I believe that Mac can get us off the hump. The guy has been very successful with few if any weapons. Give him a team like ours with a top 10 defense and the ebst running back in the game, and he will excel. He has a top 10 TE, a solid WR corps(w/ Rice back or the addition of Braylon Edwards) and a solid OL. This would be the most talented team he has played on and I believe that the Redskin year was more about the idiot coach running the team ( Who changes a top 5 defense to a 31st ranked defense?)

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

I see a lot of articles downgrading Locker with a common theme of inaccurate passing.

Not sure if this has been posted but it is former NFL scout Dave Razzano's opinion on this years QB's as well as other sleeper picks.
    He gives some love to Locker.

Interesting and worth the read.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_rogue_scout_enjoys_label_042511&active_dime nsion=carousel_coke_primary&ysp_frm_woah=1
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Nice article doc. It has always suprised me that so many of the "experts" all come up with nearly identical ratings for players in the draft.

Locker does scare me because his "weakness" is accuracy by most accounts(55% completion in college). Accuracy for a QB is right up there with hands for a wide reciever, it is an absolute must.

I especially liked this part:
    “[Brett] Favre went in the second round, right? If you look at their college stats, Favre and Locker are practically identical. Now look at this play: Tell me this guy doesn’t move like Favre, scramble like Favre, throw like Favre. Pretend he has the number four on his jersey. His release is a lot like Favre, too.”

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1094750
    Nice article doc. It has always suprised me that so many of the "experts" all come up with nearly identical ratings for players in the draft.

Locker does scare me because his "weakness" is accuracy by most accounts(55% completion in college). Accuracy for a QB is right up there with hands for a wide reciever, it is an absolute must.

“[Brett] Favre went in the second round, right? If you look at their college stats, Favre and Locker are practically identical. Now look at this play: Tell me this guy doesn’t move like Favre, scramble like Favre, throw like Favre. Pretend he has the number four on his jersey. His release is a lot like Favre, too.”
    I'm not sold on Locker. But this Favre comparison surely comes with a lot of picks as well as TD's.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1094753

I'm not sold on Locker. But this Favre comparison surely comes with a lot of picks as well as TD's.
    And a superbowl by year 4

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094754

We could probably find a spare number 4 jersey for him to wear. We better get him!

Marrdro's gonna love this pick!
    Dilfer

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1094755
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094754

We could probably find a spare number 4 jersey for him to wear. We better get him!

Marrdro's gonna love this pick!
    Good article. Interesting take on Locker. Refreshing not to hear the same crap rolled out for every player....

Caine

I know someone elluded to this earlier but dont you think a QB should be accurate? Kind of like a receiver should be able to catch (see Troy Williamson).

Ok so Locker is a stand up guy in that he returned for a senior season. The problem is that it ended up only to widely dissapoint fans and scouts alike. I think that he is a smart guy who can read a defense pre-snap, but when faced with pressure his game begins to break down. Then he needs to make a play and throws innaccurately resulting in INT's or incompletions. I just don't see this guy as a franchise QB. If we do take him I will support it, but I would rather have someone else.

The Favre analogy is ridiculous. Favre benefited by having some of the great QB coaches help him out (Holmgren, Mariucci, Gruden, Reid). While Musgrave is a good coach, I am not sure that his pedigree is on par with those above.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789