Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Don't Be Suprised If Locker is Vikings Man at 12

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1093751
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093748
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1093698
    why would I be surprised? I called us going for a QB in the 1st before the season was even done.
    LOL, way to step out on a limb my friend. :P

Looks like Locker and Mallet might both be there at 12. Which one do you like?
    I would think about taking locker out of there and putting Ponder in his place.
    I have to check, but I think CDS has him ranked as the 5th QB right now as he has climbed steadily after it appears his arm/shoulder is ok.

What I like about Ponder is how well he executes the little things like the Play action fake.

What worries me is his health. Right now I wouldn't be to upset if he was on the roster this year, but probably not at 12.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093756
    why would I be surprised? I called us going for a QB in the 1st before the season was even done.

I have to check, but I think CDS has him ranked as the 5th QB right now as he has climbed steadily after it appears his arm/shoulder is ok.

What I like about Ponder is how well he executes the little things like the Play action fake.

What worries me is his health. Right now I wouldn't be to upset if he was on the roster this year, but probably not at 12.
    Paul Allen was talking about him on KFAN the other day and he was of the opinion that Ponder is the guy the Vikings want and that Dalton is their backup.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1093758

Paul Allen was talking about him on KFAN the other day and he was of the opinion that Ponder is the guy the Vikings want and that Dalton is their backup.
    Ponder may be the most pro ready of this class and is well suited to the WCO.

He had 2 surgeries on the elbow of his throwing arm. However they were soft tissue surgeries for a ruptured bursa sac and not structural. Therefore, have no effect on arm function.

He had the grade III separation of the throwing shoulder, but has fully recovered.

Never the less he is considered to have a weak arm.

His career completion to interception ratio is less than impressive at 49 TD/30 INT. But he has shown some improvement at 20TD/8 INT in 2010.

He is very intelligent with good footwork and a good athelete. Played in a pro-style offense.

I would prefer an intelligent QB with a lesser arm over a stupid QB with a cannon any day.

If we can compare Stanzi's traits to Brady, I guess you could compare Ponders to Montana!
    Well perhaps not.

At this point I would prefer Ponder over Locker as well. I seem to flip flop daily on this QB debate. It's a tough choice.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

I agree with Ponder being on their radar as a possible 2nd rounder. Not sure about Dalton.

Mayock, McShay, Ourlads, have the Vikes number one target as Locker (that was last Sund).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1093765
    I seem to flip flop daily on this QB debate. It's a tough choice.
    I have pretty much made up my mind that as long as they get one of the top 8 out of the top 10 with either 12 or 43 and I will be happy especially if they use the other pick for a DT.

All seem to fit what the Vikes are trying to accomplish scheme wise with one exception.

Thats Mallet. Only thing I dont' like about him is his slow feet and how that seems to affect his play making abilities late in the game when he needs to make plays under a all out rush.

Having said that, I would not be overly upset with Mallet at 12.

On a side note.....I also have looked at the following that might be brought in as UDFA's.

Adam Weber
    Ben Chappell
    T.J. Yates

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

I have ZERO desire for Cam Newtown. In his senior year he passed the ball 16 more times than he ran it. 280 vs 264

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/stats?playerId=232016

I do not want to take a QB that we have to train not to run, than train to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by "NDVikingFan66" #1093773
    I have ZERO desire for Cam Newtown. In his senior year he passed the ball 16 more times than he ran it. 280 vs 264

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/stats?playerId=232016

I do not want to take a QB that we have to train not to run, than train to pass.
    I feel about the same way I did about Vick coming out my friend and I watched him play high school ball here in our home town of Newport News.

I never thought I would see Mike suceed. In the end, he sure has matured alot of late. I'm kindof of a mind that Newton can mature along those same lines.

Problem is, its gonna take time and I don't think the Vikings has the fanbase to let that time go by.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1093765

Ponder may be the most pro ready of this class and is well suited to the WCO.

He had 2 surgeries on the elbow of his throwing arm. However they were soft tissue surgeries for a ruptured bursa sac and not structural. Therefore, have no effect on arm function.

He had the grade III separation of the throwing shoulder, but has fully recovered.

Never the less he is considered to have a weak arm.

His career completion to interception ratio is less than impressive at 49 TD/30 INT. But he has shown some improvement at 20TD/8 INT in 2010.

He is very intelligent with good footwork and a good athelete. Played in a pro-style offense.

I would prefer an intelligent QB with a lesser arm over a stupid QB with a cannon any day.

If we can compare Stanzi's traits to Brady, I guess you could compare Ponders to Montana!
    Well perhaps not.

At this point I would prefer Ponder over Locker as well. I seem to flip flop daily on this QB debate. It's a tough choice.
    I haven't looked it up but PA stated that ponder was deadly accurate in the red zone. That would be a bonus.

Among those 8 prospects, there’s a pretty good chance that at least 6 will still be on the board when the Vikings make the 12th selection in the first round. The popular notion is that Auburn quarterback Cam Newton and Missouri’s Blaine Gabbert will already be gone, but after that, the team may have its first decision to make. As early as last month, former Vikings’ beat writer Kevin Seifert began writing that the decision with the 12th pick may hinge on Washington’s Jake Locker.

With word spreading this week that the Minnesota Vikings are high on Locker, it’s difficult to discern truth from rumor. Perhaps the best way to determine the Vikings’ intentions is to watch their actions rather than listen to their words. And the team is certainly looking into Jake Locker.

According to Dave Mahler of 950 KJR radio in Seattle, Washington, the team that has been asking the University of Washington for the most information on its native son Jake Locker is none other than the Minnesota Vikings.
    I’ll leave you to interpret that however you will, but I’m beginning to think that Locker may be the next quarterback to don the purple uniform. Or maybe I’m completely wrong.
    Vikings High On Jake Locker

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast