Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Don't print that - 4/20/06

McHale needs to go!
    We should defidently consider trading next years first...not a bad idea at all imo.

VikingGuy43 is offline Rookie

"Formo" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Please tell me McHale is retiring
    Amen brother!

"Sharper_Image_42" wrote:
    yeah the 2007 1st round pick i think i could handle.. there is just too much talent and the draft is too deep this year to give up the 06 first round pick.. i think that the 07 we could handle cuz we will win the superbowl and they will have the 32nd pick
    I like the sound of that. But if the Vikes don't win it, it better be the Bengals!
    Couldn't agree more about McHale... but I actually hope he gets fired. The guy has single handedly led to the distruction of the Timberwolves.

As for the Vikes trading for Schaub I am not a big fan. THe guy has a completion percentage in his career that I believe is under 50% or around it anyways. That would not work out very well in the West Coast offense. There is no telling what we are going to do this year either so why risk our 2007 pick if it could be a top 10 selection. I know that sounds pesamistic but seriously we are 1 or 2 key injuries away from looking at that. I certainly would not say that we are a guranteed playoff team at this point and giving up a first rounder that could possibly end up being a high selection is crazy. If we ended up with the #8 pick or something like that next year I would say that certainly is not worthy of Schaub. We only got the #51 pick for Peps.

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    I would make that deal for Schaub if you think he can be the QB of the future.

Now i know everybody saw the game last season when Vick went down and they brought in Shaub!!! But please don't base your whole analysis of him on that one game!!! YEAH, he played awesome!! But look at our defense!!! Our defense wasn't too hot last season!!! IF we do get him, do you think he will be scrambling like he did against us?!?! NO!!! This is just like us think Napoleon Harris was good because he played a fantastic game against the VIkings!!! Just because they play good against the VIkes doesn't mean they are good!!! I would rather take a chance on a Brode Croyle or an Omar Jacobs in the 2nd round rather than give up our 1st round pick this year of next year!! Especially this year, We have too many needs right away that we can't waste it on a backup for THIS year!!! :grin: Good post!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

I wouldn't trade a first-round pick for Schaub. Considering how little you get in return for a trade of a first-round pick at the best of times, I just don't see anything there that would make a trade worthwhile. I'd rather the Vikes take a QB and develop a player who has had ZERO experience in the NFL, so there would be no confusion over things like terminology, differences in coaching methods at the pro level and all that stuff.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

QB Vince Young is signing a three-year deal with a pre-paid debit card company. (The card emits a special "Wonderlic alert" when the remaining balance is six bucks.)
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12