Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Donovan McNabb to Minnesota Vikings?It makes sense

I keep telling you guys that you don't take a kid at 12, especially considering the circumstances around it, and not play him.

Leslie seems to agree with me.

Ideally, I’d like for him to be ready to go when we play San Diego [in Week One],” Frazier said during a segment with 1500 ESPN Twin Cities. “That would be the ideal situation — we’ve got our Matt Ryan, we’ve got our [Joe] Flacco, we’ve got our [Mark] Sanchez right here. But because of the uncertainty of the offseason, it’s just hard to determine exactly how you want to approach it. So, we need a little more clarity on what this offseason’s going to be like.”
    Leslie Frazier wants Christian Ponder to start Week One
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095953
    I keep telling you guys that you don't take a kid at 12, especially considering the circumstances around it, and not play him.

Ideally, I’d like for him to be ready to go when we play San Diego [in Week One],” Frazier said during a segment with 1500 ESPN Twin Cities. “That would be the ideal situation — we’ve got our Matt Ryan, we’ve got our [Joe] Flacco, we’ve got our [Mark] Sanchez right here. But because of the uncertainty of the offseason, it’s just hard to determine exactly how you want to approach it. So, we need a little more clarity on what this offseason’s going to be like.”
    Why not? Sounds to me like that idea of starting him right away has alot to do with letting the money and fans make the decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095954
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095953

Why not? Sounds to me like that idea of starting him right away has alot to do with letting the money and fans make the decisions.
    You don't know how much I agree with you right there.

Trust me, the owners input on that decision was made only after he asked the PR guy what he thought.

Of course theres the other way to think about the decision and thats to believe the HC made the decision all by himself.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

In this case, I'm sure the HC was told to get this guy on the field. All offseason there's been nothing but talk about looking for a vet, and getting a franchise guy. NOw that we have our draft pick, there's pressure to get him out there.

The smart teams will let their guy sit and wait.

Pats, let their guy sit and wait. End result was Tom Brady.

Pack, let their guy sit and wait. End result was Aaron Rodgers.

Chargers did the same. They wound up with Rivers. ALl three guys jumped on the scene and tore up the league their first year as a starter.

Jets put Sanchez out there day one, he played sub-par ball IMO

Falcons put Ryan out there, he played well, but obviously also made alot of rookie mistakes still. Same with Flacco. I think having a Vet instead could have improved their season, and possibly had them more ready rather than learning on the run.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

I think the writing is kind of on the wall with this one. There's a reason we had the most pro-ready QB so high up on our board.

Oh and long before the draft we also went out and hired Bill Musgrave who had a large part to due with Matt Ryan's success from day one. Couple that with a fact that we don't have a Vet that knows the system..

All that combined and I don't think were looking at bringing someone in to start. We need a vet to come in and learn our offense alongside Christian and help him with some nuances of being a pro QB, as well as being ready to step in.

Hasslebeck seems like someone we would have signed in the last decade, sign him one week, he's our starter the next, gone in a year or two. I think we should be looking at next tier guys like Seneca Wallace and Billy Volek, let this be Christian's team. For once we have the potential for a QB to become a leader on our offense. As a Vikings fan this is beautiful to me..

Quote Originally Posted by "jessejames09" #1095963
    I think the writing is kind of on the wall with this one. There's a reason we had the most pro-ready QB so high up on our board.

Oh and long before the draft we also went out and hired Bill Musgrave who had a large part to due with Matt Ryan's success from day one. Couple that with a fact that we don't have a Vet that knows the system..

All that combined and I don't think were looking at bringing someone in to start. We need a vet to come in and learn our offense alongside Christian and help him with some nuances of being a pro QB, as well as being ready to step in.

Hasslebeck seems like someone we would have signed in the last decade, sign him one week, he's our starter the next, gone in a year or two. I think we should be looking at next tier guys like Seneca Wallace and Billy Volek, let this be Christian's team. For once we have the potential for a QB to become a leader on our offense. As a Vikings fan this is beautiful to me..
    If our talking about the "Nuances" of the postion, I agree, but we already have Bomar on the roster for that.

One thing to think about it the amount of money this staff has to spend.....

a. Rice
    b. Hussain.
    c. Chad
    d. Shortwell
    e. EJ
    f. Center (Cook/Sully/Coop)
    g. Shanc maybe even Sauce
    h. Guion
    i. Pat if your gonna bring him back
    j. Edwards
    k. Loeffler

.....All have contracts due this year or next year.

At somepoint you have to say, were can I save money. Some of that will be decided (i.e. Ray/EJ) by how comfortable you feel with the backup thats on the roster (i.e. Griff/Jasper) but others won't be that easy (i.e. Rice) as you don't have someone on the bench behind him. If you can't resign him, you still have to sign someone of equal value that will cost money.

Again, a decision has been made to draft a "Pro Ready" QB that is intelligent enough to digest the playbook almost at will. That decision is/was made (IMHO) to save money at that position so you can use that money to address other positions that aren't going to be solved other than with lots of money.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095960
    In this case, I'm sure the HC was told to get this guy on the field. All offseason there's been nothing but talk about looking for a vet, and getting a franchise guy. NOw that we have our draft pick, there's pressure to get him out there.

The smart teams will let their guy sit and wait.

Pats, let their guy sit and wait. End result was Tom Brady.

Pack, let their guy sit and wait. End result was Aaron Rodgers.

Chargers did the same. They wound up with Rivers. ALl three guys jumped on the scene and tore up the league their first year as a starter.

Jets put Sanchez out there day one, he played sub-par ball IMO

Falcons put Ryan out there, he played well, but obviously also made alot of rookie mistakes still. Same with Flacco. I think having a Vet instead could have improved their season, and possibly had them more ready rather than learning on the run.
    Talk from who? Been nothing but speculation comig forth from the press.

Nothing has come from the staff thats for sure. Atleast nothing I would put money on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095964
    If our talking about the "Nuances" of the postion, I agree, but we already have Bomar on the roster for that.
    LMAO! That statement ranks up there with:

Media guy: How will you replace Moss?
    Childress: We have Hank Baskett

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

I think Leoffler should be priority #1.

I really like Donny as a person but he has never proven hes got what it takes to bring it home. I hope he is succesful wherever he goes but he isnt a closer.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast