Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Donovan McNabb to Minnesota Vikings?It makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1094378
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094371
    Quote Originally Posted by "marstc09" #1094080
    LOL WHAT?!

NO QB drafted at 12 should start ESPECIALLY with no OTAs, training camp, and possibly preseason. That would be the dumbest shit on earth. Any football fan with a half a brain should know that.
    And yet we will see it happen this year. Some QB taken after 12 will start my friend. Mark it on the wall.

McNabb makes perfect sense and is > than Kolb. We draft Locker and get McNabb. Sounds like a perfect plan to me.

Wow.
    Do you really think your qualified to say what old assed, broken down QB makes sense?

How did the last one you championed work out?

Unless I'm mistaken, not so well as we still don't have a SB trophy sitting on any mantel that I can find.

Quick question, who would you rather have as your 3 QB's this year....

Kolb
    Locker
    Webb

or

McNabb
    Locker
    Webb

What makes sense to me is the first group, and not the second.

First 3 you have the following:

a. Vet who knows the scheme.
    b. Vet who can run the scheme.
    c. Vet who has a long term future in the league
    d. Rooks that fit the scheme and add nice depth behind the vet, one of which has proven he can win as a backup, atleast once.

Second 3

a. Vet who knows the scheme.
    b. Vet who can run the scheme, but has shown signs of not being able to get it done who has been released by one team and benched by another team for Sexy Rexy.
    c. Vet who has only a couple more years in him and even that is questionable (see item b of this group)
    d. Rooks who fit the scheme and will HAVE to provide depth cause the old assed guy is gonna get broke (or fail like he did in Deadskin land) and have to have a backup come in for him.

I marvel that you seem to love these old broke down assed cats.....WOW.
    Marr,
    You're cheating my friend. There is no way you get Kolb and Locker.
    If you get Kolb, you don't draft a QB in the first round this year. That is why McNabb makes perfect sense. He can be had cheaply and we still get to groom a Qb. He will actually have weapons this season and is a good fit for 2 years at which point he will be 37 and ready to retire.
    I'm just running scenarios through my head.........

One is the following:

a. The CBA doesn't get done and teams draft this year and move around in that draft.

b. After the draft a FA period hits were teams start wheeling and dealing.

c. Ammo to wheel and deal are future picks.......

Basically we draft our picks this year (get Locker) and trade a couple for next year to get Kolb.

Again, just a scenario. Nothing factual that a couple on here seem to demand all the time. :P :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Lol...
    I don't think we send a first and another solid pick(3rd or 4th) for a 2 year rental. If Locker is the guy, we sign or trade for someone that can be had cheaply. McNabb for a 4th, 5th or 6th, makes the most sense.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1094426
    Lol...
    I don't think we send a first and another solid pick(3rd or 4th) for a 2 year rental. If Locker is the guy, we sign or trade for someone that can be had cheaply. McNabb for a 4th, 5th or 6th, makes the most sense.
    Have to go with Kevon on this one. I'm not sold on the price tag for Kolb, but if we do go after him, it doesn't make sense to use the #12 pick on a QB.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

yeah. I mean I think Kolb is at the height of his value. Never buy high...

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1094430
    +1
    Kolb with the Vikings will have concussion issues. I'm pretty sure McNabb will be our starting QB next year, if not, I would much rather go with Orton than Kolb.

Orton took the Bears to the superbowl and they decided to start Rex Grossman instead.

Hester gave Grossman a one touchdown lead with a 92 yd kickoff return for a touchdown.
    Before Grossman got off the bench the Bears defense took the ball away from the Colts with an interception.

Horrible start for the Colts. Their fans had to be thinking, here we go again.

But not to worry. Rex grossman went three and out and things never improved from there.
    Grossman pretty much single handedly lost that game for the Bears. I'm pretty certain the guy that made that decision for the Bears thought Grossman had more upside potential than Orton.

Orton probably would have won it. He can read defenses and doesn't make a lot of mistakes.

If we are going to take a young QB we need McNabb, Orton, or Young.

If we are going to get Kolb, we wont be taking any of the name QB's in this draft.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094373

I have listened to alot of guys talk about these QB's this year. Consensus seems to be that the following applies:
    All of that consensus and 7 dollars will get you a cappuccino at Starbucks......

a. Can start the first year but will have issues. Early start will accelerate their learning curve especially if they have a good supporting cast:

a. Gabbert
    b. Mallet
    c. Locker
    d. Newton (but will have to have the offense changed to his strengths)

b. Should sit at least one year, possibly two. An early start would be benificial as well but it wouldn't make sense if he didn't have a supporting cast around him:

a. Dalton
    b. Ponder
    c. Kaepernack
    d. Stanzi
    Of course you know I am going to have a problem with that list but maybe not for the reason you are thinking.

Personally I believe
    Ponder
    Mallet
    Stanzi
    Dalton

Are all much more ready to start in year one than
    Gabbert
    Newton
    Locker
    Kaep...

What I am reading in the analysis is not so much that your top 4 are more ready to play but that they might have more upside once they develop, which I find rather debatable.

In the end, all 8 of them seem to be the type of cats who should eventually become starters in the league and I wouldn't mind seeing any of them on the team this year.
    They are for the most part all so closely average that any of them could find a spot on some roster.

Atleast thats my interpretation of everything that is out there to digest.
    If those guys throw enough crap out there some is eventually going to stick to the wall.....

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1094440
    +1
    Kolb with the Vikings will have concussion issues. I'm pretty sure McNabb will be our starting QB next year, if not, I would much rather go with Orton than Kolb.

Orton took the Bears to the superbowl and they decided to start Rex Grossman instead.

Hester gave Grossman a one touchdown lead with a 92 yd kickoff return for a touchdown.
    Before Grossman got off the bench the Bears defense took the ball away from the Colts with an interception.

But not to worry. Rex grossman went three and out and things never improved from there.
    Grossman pretty much single handedly lost that game for the Bears. I'm pretty certain the guy that made that decision for the Bears thought Grossman had more upside potential than Orton.

Orton probably would have won it. He can read defenses and doesn't make a lot of mistakes.

If we are going to get Kolb, we wont be taking any of the name QB's in this draft.
    One comment, orton didn't take the Bears to the superbowl, hester and the defense did that. Orton didn't even manage the game, her played like shit all year, which is why they went with sexy rexy. Look at his stats, they are awful.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094449
    Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1094440
    +1

One comment, orton didn't take the Bears to the superbowl, hester and the defense did that. Orton didn't even manage the game, her played like shit all year, which is why they went with sexy rexy. Look at his stats, they are awful.
    He did we he needed to do.. Taking advantage of the turnovers his defence gave him, the short field and led the team.. He didn't take the ball into his hand and led them because he didnt have to.

I don't like Orton, i think he is an average quarterback, but you can't take away his wins that season..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Even with Ponder in mix, Vikes appear destined to add McNabb

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81f92334/article/even-with-ponder-in-mix-vikes-appear-destined-to-add-mcnabb?module=HP_headlines

Hope this happens.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095346
    Even with Ponder in mix, Vikes appear destined to add McNabb

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81f92334/article/even-with-ponder-in-mix-vikes-appear-destined-to-add-mcnabb?module=HP_headlines

Hope this happens.
    Why? Aren't you the one thats been asking for a QB to be taken that early cause they then equate to a better possibility of success?

Why not let the 12th pick in the draft start?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast