Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    lavikings is offline Waterboy

Re: Donovan McNabb to Minnesota Vikings?It makes sense

It is official (although will be "Officially announced tomorrow)

"McNabb agrees to deal with Vikings, will be dealt by Redskins"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82102380/article/mcnabb-agrees-to-deal-with-vikings-will-be-dealt-by-redskins?module=HP11_headline_stack
    None

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1101299
    Quote Originally Posted by "jessejames09" #1101279
    I'm really against the McNugget trade.

He's a smug turd imo. The fact he refused to wear a wristband last year and got himself pulled with the game on the line is disgraceful.

He also seems reluctant to play the only role he can at this point, the veteran QB. No one wants him to be a star, no one wants to pay him 12 Million dollars for one years work. We need a reliable backup or low end starter imo not a self perceived star.

I would love it if we threw Ponder to the wolves, the best way to learn is by doing. Why would we of all people want to see another veteran QB on the decline of their career. We know how that goes (Brad Johnson, Randall Cunningham, Gus Frerotte, Brett Favre, Kelly Holcomb.) Minnesota is Florida for QBs, it's where their careers go to die.
    The wristband think apperantly never happened.
    Also, Tell David Carr that baptism by fire is the best way to learn.
    You can't ask the kid to run an offense after a week. It's retarded!
    Maybe you guys think it's just getting to the line and throwing but it's not. You have checks and down and distance checks. Hot routes, protection checks and that just what WRS do.
    Texans were a franchise in their first NFL season everyone on that team was scraped from the bottom of the barrel with the exception of their draft picks that year.

And running an offense after one week is much different than running an offense after training camp, & 4 weeks of preseason. If Ponder seems capable and Frazier thinks he's up to it mentally, he will be baptized by fire.

Especially now that it's the trendy thing to do in the NFL, after Flacco, Ryan, & Bradford all had moderate success. Hell, Big Ben wasn't supposed to start first year and he worked out pretty well, albeit a different scenario. I'm not saying it's easily accomplished, but starting a rookie QB isn't nearly as faux-pas as it was in the past.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

We just traded for a 34 year old QB who got benched for Rex Grossman last year.. On the bench we apparantly have the most nfl-ready qb of this years draft class..

Do the math..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1101310
    Quote Originally Posted by "delviking" #1101308
    even if we do get Mcnabb (which i would not like) we all know Ponder will be starting by mid season be it either injury or bad play from Mcnabb.
    I say Peterson opens the same passing lanes he always does but this season we have a QB that isn't over and under throwing passes ever damn drive.
    Hopefully you weren't referring to McChunky.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1101337
    We just traded for a 34 year old QB who got benched for Rex Grossman last year.. On the bench we apparantly have the most nfl-ready qb of this years draft class..

Do the math..
    For fucks sake why did I just type all that. You said it better in three sentences...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "jessejames09" #1101336

He's a smug turd imo. The fact he refused to wear a wristband last year and got himself pulled with the game on the line is disgraceful.

He also seems reluctant to play the only role he can at this point, the veteran QB. No one wants him to be a star, no one wants to pay him 12 Million dollars for one years work. We need a reliable backup or low end starter imo not a self perceived star.

I would love it if we threw Ponder to the wolves, the best way to learn is by doing. Why would we of all people want to see another veteran QB on the decline of their career. We know how that goes (Brad Johnson, Randall Cunningham, Gus Frerotte, Brett Favre, Kelly Holcomb.) Minnesota is Florida for QBs, it's where their careers go to die.
    Maybe you guys think it's just getting to the line and throwing but it's not. You have checks and down and distance checks. Hot routes, protection checks and that just what WRS do.
    Texans were a franchise in their first NFL season everyone on that team was scraped from the bottom of the barrel with the exception of their draft picks that year.

And running an offense after one week is much different than running an offense after training camp, & 4 weeks of preseason. If Ponder seems capable and Frazier thinks he's up to it mentally, he will be baptized by fire.

Especially now that it's the trendy thing to do in the NFL, after Flacco, Ryan, & Bradford all had moderate success. Hell, Big Ben wasn't supposed to start first year and he worked out pretty well, albeit a different scenario. I'm not saying it's easily accomplished, but starting a rookie QB isn't nearly as faux-pas as it was in the past.
    I just bumped you up a column on the old spreadsheet.:woohoo:

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "jessejames09" #1101339

Do the math..
    For fucks sake why did I just type all that. You said it better in three sentences...
    Except for the fact that we don't have the most NFL ready QB of this years draft.

It's been said that we have ONE OF the most NFL ready QB's, not THE MOST ready. Also it was not because of Ponder's talents, but rather because AD & his run game would ease the transition into the NFL any of the higher ranked college QB's we might have drafted.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "jessejames09" #1101336

If Frasier would have thought that was possible with any kind of confidence, I don't think they would have targeted McNabb as the QB this year, but rather another veteran candidate that Ponder could learn from & legitimately vie for the starting role.

Giving up draft picks & acquiring McNabb, makes me think they went after a potential 2 year starter, not just 1 year starter.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "jessejames09" #1101339

Do the math..
    The guy McNabb was benched for threw for almost 900 yards in 3 games with that apparently crappy talent and threw for 7 td's and 4 int's.

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Do the math..
    Coming from the guy with a UFL player in his sig. Do the math..

McNabb fits this team perfectly. He is also a 6 time all-star selection (one of them 2 years ago), and has done extremely well in the playoffs. He is a great field general who has already mastered this offense with the Eagles (which we stole from them). Before you call him McChunky, McNugget, or whatever other retarded nicknames you can think of, think about who our other options were. An unproven rookie, Tyler Thigpen, or Bruce Gradkowski. Although, I have no idea why I'm arguing with a bunch of guys that are being led by somebody that said and I quote "I would rather have Brad Childress back as our HC than start Donovan McNabb at QB".

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.