None

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Donovan McNabb to Minnesota Vikings?It makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1101265
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1101263
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1101262
    Quote Originally Posted by "ahaz" #1101260
    I agree 100% mcnabb had nothing last year. With ap and our recievers arounf him he should be decent. Along with the decent young qbs behind him he'll step up his game or should.
    Get back to me week 14 and let me know if it is still a good move. I suspect once reality sets in it might not look so appealing.
    I bet the Cards were saying the exact same thing when they took a busted up Warner off the Giants hands.
    I'm not the cards. He isn't warner.
    you're right, he never had three hall of famers at skill positions, with a hall of fame left tackle to protect him. He never had a great coach that played to his strengths. I can see how he isn't Warner.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1096566
    Quote Originally Posted by "MaxVike" #1096564
    McNabb is not the right veteran IMO. He failed miserably with Washington last year...word is (Sirius XM NFL Radio, specifically, Kirwan and Ryan) that he simply could not grasp the playbook. Eagles fans were quite happy to see him go, even to Washington, a Division rival. Yes, he beat them their first meeting, but, by in large, he sucked...and, I think he's done, kaput, finished.

If the Vikes are locked in on bringing in a veteran (I'm not sure), why not sign Bulger to a two-year deal? Word out of Baltimore (again, Sirius XM) is that he was in the best shape of his career last year and that he was a tremendous influence on Flacco.

McNabb makes no sense to me.
    Getting booed out of Philly means nothing. Philly fans are the worst, and they'll be booing Desean jackson and Mike VIck soon enough.

Washington had NO line, no receivers and no run game, a brand new coach and no defense. Nobody can succeed there. I take what McNabb did there with a grain of salt.
    +1. Also look at Bulgers numbers his last couple seasons(before becoming a backup). His last 3 seasons with the Rams he had more picks than TD.
    http://www.nfl.com/player/marcbulger/2504214/profile

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1101271
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1101265
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1101263
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1101262
    Quote Originally Posted by "ahaz" #1101260
    I agree 100% mcnabb had nothing last year. With ap and our recievers arounf him he should be decent. Along with the decent young qbs behind him he'll step up his game or should.
    Get back to me week 14 and let me know if it is still a good move. I suspect once reality sets in it might not look so appealing.
    I bet the Cards were saying the exact same thing when they took a busted up Warner off the Giants hands.
    I'm not the cards. He isn't warner.
    you're right, he never had three hall of famers at skill positions, with a hall of fame left tackle to protect him. He never had a great coach that played to his strengths. I can see how he isn't Warner.
    :dry:

ahaz is offline Waterboy

Haha ok. Then I guess we only have 2 decent young qbs.
    None

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

I'm really against the McNugget trade.

He's a smug turd imo. The fact he refused to wear a wristband last year and got himself pulled with the game on the line is disgraceful.

He also seems reluctant to play the only role he can at this point, the veteran QB. No one wants him to be a star, no one wants to pay him 12 Million dollars for one years work. We need a reliable backup or low end starter imo not a self perceived star.

I would love it if we threw Ponder to the wolves, the best way to learn is by doing. Why would we of all people want to see another veteran QB on the decline of their career. We know how that goes (Brad Johnson, Randall Cunningham, Gus Frerotte, Brett Favre, Kelly Holcomb.) Minnesota is Florida for QBs, it's where their careers go to die.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "jessejames09" #1101279

He's a smug turd imo. The fact he refused to wear a wristband last year and got himself pulled with the game on the line is disgraceful.

He also seems reluctant to play the only role he can at this point, the veteran QB. No one wants him to be a star, no one wants to pay him 12 Million dollars for one years work. We need a reliable backup or low end starter imo not a self perceived star.

I would love it if we threw Ponder to the wolves, the best way to learn is by doing. Why would we of all people want to see another veteran QB on the decline of their career. We know how that goes (Brad Johnson, Randall Cunningham, Gus Frerotte, Brett Favre, Kelly Holcomb.) Minnesota is Florida for QBs, it's where their careers go to die.
    You are a very wise man.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "jessejames09" #1101279

The wristband think apperantly never happened.
    Also, Tell David Carr that baptism by fire is the best way to learn.
    You can't ask the kid to run an offense after a week. It's retarded!
    Maybe you guys think it's just getting to the line and throwing but it's not. You have checks and down and distance checks. Hot routes, protection checks and that just what WRS do.

delviking is offline Starter

even if we do get Mcnabb (which i would not like) we all know Ponder will be starting by mid season be it either injury or bad play from Mcnabb.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "delviking" #1101308
    even if we do get Mcnabb (which i would not like) we all know Ponder will be starting by mid season be it either injury or bad play from Mcnabb.
    I say Peterson opens the same passing lanes he always does but this season we have a QB that isn't over and under throwing passes ever damn drive.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast