Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Donovan McNabb to Minnesota Vikings?It makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by "MaxVike" #1096564
    McNabb is not the right veteran IMO. He failed miserably with Washington last year...word is (Sirius XM NFL Radio, specifically, Kirwan and Ryan) that he simply could not grasp the playbook. Eagles fans were quite happy to see him go, even to Washington, a Division rival. Yes, he beat them their first meeting, but, by in large, he sucked...and, I think he's done, kaput, finished.

If the Vikes are locked in on bringing in a veteran (I'm not sure), why not sign Bulger to a two-year deal? Word out of Baltimore (again, Sirius XM) is that he was in the best shape of his career last year and that he was a tremendous influence on Flacco.

McNabb makes no sense to me.
    Getting booed out of Philly means nothing. Philly fans are the worst, and they'll be booing Desean jackson and Mike VIck soon enough.

Washington had NO line, no receivers and no run game, a brand new coach and no defense. Nobody can succeed there. I take what McNabb did there with a grain of salt.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

McNabb is not the right veteran IMO. He failed miserably with Washington last year...word is (Sirius XM NFL Radio, specifically, Kirwan and Ryan) that he simply could not grasp the playbook. Eagles fans were quite happy to see him go, even to Washington, a Division rival. Yes, he beat them their first meeting, but, by in large, he sucked...and, I think he's done, kaput, finished.

If the Vikes are locked in on bringing in a veteran (I'm not sure), why not sign Bulger to a two-year deal? Word out of Baltimore (again, Sirius XM) is that he was in the best shape of his career last year and that he was a tremendous influence on Flacco.

A moment of panick set in the other day when I didn't have football on channel 124.

Silly buggers shifted things around and I missed it.

The local yutzs agree with the Sirius guys as well. They took it to a whole nuther level when they started saying things like we heard about Pepp when he was a Viking.......(Limited his reads to half the field).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1096566

Getting booed out of Philly means nothing. Philly fans are the worst, and they'll be booing Desean jackson and Mike VIck soon enough.

Washington had NO line, no receivers and no run game, a brand new coach and no defense. Nobody can succeed there. I take what McNabb did there with a grain of salt.
    For clarity: I agree, Philly fans are the worst. I live in Northern Delaware, have for 15 years...I'm qualified. As such, they did not boo McNabb out of town, they simply did not want him back. Not true as it relates to some other players the Eagles have let go, most notably, Brian Dawkins. Regardless of Washington's woes, he sucked, and, I don't think he is the veteran of choice IMHO.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

MaxVike is online now Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1096569

A moment of panick set in the other day when I didn't have football on channel 124.

Silly buggers shifted things around and I missed it.

The local yutzs agree with the Sirius guys as well. They took it to a whole nuther level when they started saying things like we heard about Pepp when he was a Viking.......(Limited his reads to half the field).
    Yep, new channel 88... Exactly what the book is on him, also, he is not the most accurate QB to be sure. He definitely won his fair share of games, but, methinks those days are long gone.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

ahaz is offline Waterboy

I like the move to get mcnabb. I don't know how good rhett is but joe webb and ponder need to develop more. I like webb and don't like ponder quite as much. Only because I think we panicked and reached for him a lot. its a tough one on who to cut or put on the practice squad. I agree palmer would be a better short term qb in my mind butt hey at least we got a vet and not 3 rookies/2nd year qbs to lead us. With mcnabb taking the reigns for a few years the vikes could go somewhere with the weapons around him..and if we don't go anywhee with him it kind of ensures us with at least 1 qb that will develop better.
    None

ahaz is offline Waterboy

I agree 100% mcnabb had nothing last year. With ap and our recievers arounf him he should be decent. Along with the decent young qbs behind him he'll step up his game or should.
    None

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "ahaz" #1101259
    I like the move to get mcnabb. I don't know how good rhett is
    I'll give you a hint, he'll make Webb and Ponder look like passing gods.

I agree palmer would be a better short term qb in my mind
    Palmer is not available. Owner said yesterday there's no chance of trading him.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "ahaz" #1101260
    I agree 100% mcnabb had nothing last year. With ap and our recievers arounf him he should be decent. Along with the decent young qbs behind him he'll step up his game or should.
    Get back to me week 14 and let me know if it is still a good move. I suspect once reality sets in it might not look so appealing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1101262
    Get back to me week 14 and let me know if it is still a good move. I suspect once reality sets in it might not look so appealing.
    I bet the Cards were saying the exact same thing when they took a busted up Warner off the Giants hands.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1101263
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1101262
    I bet the Cards were saying the exact same thing when they took a busted up Warner off the Giants hands.
    I'm not the cards. He isn't warner.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast