Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    A2-D8 is offline Training Camp

Re: Don Banks' mock from SI.Com - Version 5.0

"vikinginvirginia" wrote:
    "A2-D8" wrote:
    "A2-D8" wrote:
    I think the Vikes have too much time invested in T-Jack not to address the need for better pass protection in the 1st round.
    I do however see Chilli picking a QB later in the draft so he can develop another young QB.
    another? I think the first one needs some more time.
    So you think Childress should focus his developmental efforts on Frerrote then?
    I did not say that. I question the development of T jack and the wisdom of having two projects at the same time.
    I feel that developing 2 at the same time is better than developing one and only one.
    I think Childress knows this and thought he had a late roud development project last year in Thigpen.
    I expect Childress to pick up a QB in this draft and make him another project, only he hopefully won't put him out on the waiver wire this time.
    I also feel that the signing of Frerotte is a signal that there is not much available out there as far as QB goes.
    I hope the Vikes dont enter the season with only the current lineup of QB's, we need someone else, but I think all we can count on is another rookie project.
    "I don't believe it."

"That is why you fail."

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"MaxVike" wrote:
    Folks, even thought Williams is a solid pick, do not be surprised if the Vikes take Brian Brohm if he is available at number 17.
    Vikes will take BPA (IMO), and my guess is in this scenario, it's Brohm...given discussions on SIRIUS, interviews with Brohm, visits, and, the "Pyramid of Success" (below).

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=43705.0

Think about it, if TJack lays an egg, or, if he develops into an awesome starting QB, what's the downside of having two solid QBs?
    Frerotte is a backup...for two years tops.
    I could definitely see this happening, in fact, virtually anything is possible, given the solid roster we have.
    Do not forget that this team was easily a Playoff Team with solid QB play...not that a rookie is going to give it...just that there needs to be a contingency if TJack lays an egg.
    Yes, we need a pass rusher, however, one available at 17 isn't that much different than the one available with the next pick.
    The QB most equipped soon to run a WCO is Brohm.
    I listened to that very show yesterday (missed the Brohm visit though) were Shine was talking about value at that pick.

I answered his question
    OT and not QB.

The downside to having two good QB's is "NONE", however, the downside of taking a QB at 17, who will sit the bench (You remember he said he would have to do that right) for two years, instead of a guy who will provide immediate impact like a OT or a DE is huge.

For the Vikes (if you believe TJ is gonna evolve into a NFL QB) the value at 17 is to take a guy who will provide immediate impact to your team.
    The way the scenario will play out is that if all the DE go then there will be a OT there.
    If more OT goes then thier will be a DE there.

Draft which ever one is available there and get your QB in a later round (the other guys will take just as long to develop as Brohm) were your value is better.

Now if your one of the guys who believe that TJ is crap because you've seen him learning on the field, then you are probably willing to burn a pick at 17 on a QB.
    Again, I'm not of that crowd.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"A2-D8" wrote:
    "A2-D8" wrote:
    I think the Vikes have too much time invested in T-Jack not to address the need for better pass protection in the 1st round.
    I do however see Chilli picking a QB later in the draft so he can develop another young QB.
    another? I think the first one needs some more time.
    So you think Childress should focus his developmental efforts on Frerrote then?
    I did not say that. I question the development of T jack and the wisdom of having two projects at the same time.
    There is nothing wrong with having two QB's under development.
    Infact, if the previous regime felt that way we wouldn't be in the predicament we are in now.

A team has to always stay on top of the QB position.
    Even if TJ evolves into the greatest QB ever, you have to figure that he might leave because of huge salary demands or he might get injured or he might go swinging clubs in a bar or something and get suspended.

Regardless.
    You have to have a guy in the wings waiting and I'm not talking about guys like BB, KH, or Gussy Boy either.

Just as he did last year, Spielman (Not the Chiller) will draft another young QB to work with to ensure we always have a viable option waiting in the wings.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:
    Folks, even thought Williams is a solid pick, do not be surprised if the Vikes take Brian Brohm if he is available at number 17.
    Vikes will take BPA (IMO), and my guess is in this scenario, it's Brohm...given discussions on SIRIUS, interviews with Brohm, visits, and, the "Pyramid of Success" (below).

Think about it, if TJack lays an egg, or, if he develops into an awesome starting QB, what's the downside of having two solid QBs?
    I could definitely see this happening, in fact, virtually anything is possible, given the solid roster we have.
    Do not forget that this team was easily a Playoff Team with solid QB play...not that a rookie is going to give it...just that there needs to be a contingency if TJack lays an egg.
    Yes, we need a pass rusher, however, one available at 17 isn't that much different than the one available with the next pick.
    I listened to that very show yesterday (missed the Brohm visit though) were Shine was talking about value at that pick.

I answered his question
    OT and not QB.

The downside to having two good QB's is "NONE", however, the downside of taking a QB at 17, who will sit the bench (You remember he said he would have to do that right) for two years, instead of a guy who will provide immediate impact like a OT or a DE is huge.

For the Vikes (if you believe TJ is gonna evolve into a NFL QB) the value at 17 is to take a guy who will provide immediate impact to your team.
    The way the scenario will play out is that if all the DE go then there will be a OT there.

Draft which ever one is available there and get your QB in a later round (the other guys will take just as long to develop as Brohm) were your value is better.

Now if your one of the guys who believe that TJ is crap because you've seen him learning on the field, then you are probably willing to burn a pick at 17 on a QB.
    ;D
    False.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "MaxVike" wrote:

I answered his question
    OT and not QB.

;D
    False.
    Wait some guys might develop faster

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345