Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: C'mon lets hear it! Vikings take chance at Young?

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    In regards to Lotza's post.. It wasn't that fact that USC was bad.. It's just that he didn't crack under pressure that counts..

That athletic part was just a part of why he would be good.. He is athletic in his legs and arms.. It's a big part of why he has alot of success..

And for the analysts who all think the Wonderlic isn't that big of a deal as well.. I know Salisbury and Kiper both don't like it all that much.. I've heard it a few more times then that too..

And I don't think Whitehurst is the future for us..
    Bro, it was college. I know he did not pull a Chris Webber, but what he did there is not as easy to do in the NFL.

The Wonderlic score is not the underlying factor. It is that thi guy is not too sharp....at all and it has been spoken of a ton. If he cannot even comprehend a half complicated playbook, how is he going to be able to read complex defenses while under center? Oh wait, he cannot take a snap under center; he can only take the shotgun snap. If he is months away from being drafted I hope he gets that down. The Center to QB exchange is a crucial part of football.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Dolphin schedule meeting with Vince Young?!?!?!?!

Culpepper's apprentice? Dolphins to work out Young

Culpepper's apprentice? Dolphins to work out Young

DAVIE, Fla. -- Even though the Miami Dolphins now have Daunte Culpepper, they're still interested in Vince Young.

The University of Texas quarterback is scheduled to pay the Dolphins a visit April 9-10, less than three weeks before the NFL draft.

Young is among some 20 to 25 draft prospects expected to visit Miami. The Dolphins are in the market for a young quarterback to groom while serving as an understudy to Culpepper, acquired from the Minnesota Vikings in a trade March 14.

With the 16th pick in the first round, Miami would likely need to trade up to obtain Young, touted as the potential No. 1 choice by the Houston Texans.

Should Young slide in the draft April 29-30, there will still likely be plenty of competition for him. Every NFL team except Washington was on hand when he worked out Wednesday in Austin, Texas.

Young totaled 467 yards against Southern California in the Rose Bowl to help Texas win the national championship last season.

Prophet Guest

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: C'mon lets hear it! Vikings take chance at Young?

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    In regards to Lotza's post.. It wasn't that fact that USC was bad.. It's just that he didn't crack under pressure that counts..

That athletic part was just a part of why he would be good.. He is athletic in his legs and arms.. It's a big part of why he has alot of success..

And for the analysts who all think the Wonderlic isn't that big of a deal as well.. I know Salisbury and Kiper both don't like it all that much.. I've heard it a few more times then that too..

And I don't think Whitehurst is the future for us..
    Bro, it was college. I know he did not pull a Chris Webber, but what he did there is not as easy to do in the NFL.

The Wonderlic score is not the underlying factor. It is that thi guy is not too sharp....at all and it has been spoken of a ton. If he cannot even comprehend a half complicated playbook, how is he going to be able to read complex defenses while under center? Oh wait, he cannot take a snap under center; he can only take the shotgun snap. If he is months away from being drafted I hope he gets that down. The Center to QB exchange is a crucial part of football.

I know it was in college.. But he showed that he has to tools to work with.. He will be raw like any athlete coming out of college 99.9 percent of the time..

Marino got a 16 on the wonderlic as well.. Although I guess I agree it's something to look at, I wouldn't put too much into it.. I'm certain scores on the Wonderlic never reflect how an athlete will compete on the field

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

No...for reasons stated above.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011