Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Does Jackson deserve another shot next year?

TJ is still the same QB as he was 2 years ago. He stares his recievers down. He panics and makes stupid throws. ANY QB IN THE NFL could do what TJ has done, and thats complete short dump/screen passes. He still has no touch and hasnt proven he can read a defense or make an audable. He hasnt proven he can lead himself, let alone the team. And yeah I know
    hes young, and I love the guy too, and want him to do well. But he isnt ready. If we dont bring in a vet QB, I hope Brooks wins the starting job next year.

So the answer is NO! Let the guy sit back and learn.

Give TJ another shot next year.
    We still need a QB though.
    Holcomb will retire and I don't feel comfortable with Brooks as our only backup.
    I like Colt Brennan in the 3rd or 4th.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

"CCthebest" wrote:
    TJ is still the same QB as he was 2 years ago. He stares his recievers down. He panics and makes stupid throws. ANY QB IN THE NFL could do what TJ has done, and thats complete short dump/screen passes. He still has no touch and hasnt proven he can read a defense or make an audable. He hasnt proven he can lead himself, let alone the team. And yeah I know
    hes young, and I love the guy too, and want him to do well. But he isnt ready. If we dont bring in a vet QB, I hope Brooks wins the starting job next year.

I think that he has proven that he can lead the team coming from behind in the last two games.
    Not many QB's would be able to did their team out of a 25 point deficit, so it is no surprise they couldn't finish off the Washington comeback in one half.

The Denver game showed what he is capable of when Childress lets the reigns off a bit.
    I think that TJack will develop better decision making after studying his whole body of work from this season.
    He will probably look at some of the throws he made and say what we all said:
    "What the fuck was I thinking?"
    From what I can tell, he has the demeanor of somebody that wants to succeed and I think he will do everything he can to ensure that he is the starter next season as well.
    I hope that he comes out and sets the league on fire next year and I believe he has the tools to do so.

The front office and Childress will ultimately decide what is best for the team, and that may mean going after a veteran, but I think TJ has a better than 70% chance of starting next year.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:

I think that he has proven that he can lead the team coming from behind in the last two games.
    Not many QB's would be able to did their team out of a 25 point deficit, so it is no surprise they couldn't finish off the Washington comeback in one half.

The Denver game showed what he is capable of when Childress lets the reigns off a bit.
    I think that TJack will develop better decision making after studying his whole body of work from this season.
    "What the floop was I thinking?"
    From what I can tell, he has the demeanor of somebody that wants to succeed and I think he will do everything he can to ensure that he is the starter next season as well.
    I hope that he comes out and sets the league on fire next year and I believe he has the tools to do so.

The front office and Childress will ultimately decide what is best for the team, and that may mean going after a veteran, but I think TJ has a better than 70% chance of starting next year.
    The Denver game showed what he is capable of when a team plays soft coverage...

"CCthebest" wrote:

Great post my friend.
    ;D

I think if we don't bring in a vet to start for Jackson and he can learn on the bench then we'll go 7-9 and Childress will get fired and the next guy will get rid of the Jackson experiment. This is the year for Childress. If he doesn't get a winning record and or go to the playoffs he's gone and the next guy won't put up with the reason for our lack of success. Its Chilly's third year. its Jackson's third year. (If you still want to call him s rookie its his third rookie year then). Its a big year for them. If they don't produce and go to the playoffs their gone. That's how much time they get. It's enough time. Both get 3 years to go to the playoffs and look like a legitimate NFL Starter. Jackson hasn't shown anything. His mechanics suck. Footwork is terrible. He telegraphs his throws staring down receivers. No pocket presence. Even on good plays. Look at his 20 yard touchdown to Wade. He panics runs right into the D-End and panics runs the opposite way and is lucky enough to find a wide open guy. He throws everything into the dirt preventing any YAc which is kind of key when your in a west coast offense. He throws it behind the receiver He has it better then any quarterback in the NFL. Great O-line. 8 guys in the box every down. Don't say "Oh he doesn't have great receivers so other guys have it better." Say that to Bobby Wade or Sydney Rice. Say "You guys are making Jackson suck." Bobby Wade said that when Jackson puts the ball where he's supposed to put it then he can talk about the receivers. I'll say the same thing to you. When Jackson throws good passes then you talk about the receivers holding him back. He has had a few dropped passes. But a lot of bad throws. A good quarterback will make the receivers look good. Quarterbacks make the receiver not the other way around. You keep dissing the receivers. Maybe with a decent quarterback they would look decent. Like Matt Ryan looks great with some of the crappiest receivers in college football. Tom Brady managed very well with Reche Caldwell a number 3 in Washington. Ask Randy Moss. In Oakland he looked useless and with a good quarterback he manages to look great. It is the quarterback that makes the receivers. When Jackson starts making the throws you can talk to me about the receiver corp. The receiver corp is good enough. He has one of the best situation a quarterback in the NFL can have and he fails miserably being one of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL.

Has it ever occurred to
    you that with a decent quarterback those receivers would look a lot better.

Right. As much as you TJack lovers want to say it he hasn't proven anything. He proved against Washington and against Denver that he can look half decent when the defense is playing soft and prevent. Thats the only time he looks good when he's 20 points behind. huh I wonder why that is
    : He hasn't improved. He hasn't shown anything. We might be able to give him one more year and I'd like to give him one more year because then that would be his last to prove anything in the NFL. If he fails miserably like he has this year then we can get rid of him draft a good proven QB at the collegic level. Dominant at the D-I-A level maybe. Not average at the I-AA level. I dont know anybody average at the D-I-AA level who succeeded at the NFL level. McNair broke records at the I-AA records. Then we can build for the real future of the franchise. Maybe new coach and get a Lombardi trophy. If he succeeds beyond improvement from absolute crap to just really crappy we got a QB. Win win situation.
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Great post.
    This really is the deciding year for Childress and Tarvaris.
    Keep em' both in town and see what they do.

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:

"What the floop was I thinking?"

All the Denver game showed was they changed their Defense in the 4th quarter, alot like the vikes do when they have the lead. TJ had heart, but tied the game with his LEGS, not arm. Like i said I want TJ to be our QB in the future, I really like him. But he STILL is not ready to lead this team. What has he done that no other QB can do (other then run)?

"PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:

Great post my friend.
    ;D

I think if we don't bring in a vet to start for Jackson and he can learn on the bench then we'll go 7-9 and Childress will get fired and the next guy will get rid of the Jackson experiment. This is the year for Childress. If he doesn't get a winning record and or go to the playoffs he's gone and the next guy won't put up with the reason for our lack of success. Its Chilly's third year. its Jackson's third year. (If you still want to call him s rookie its his third rookie year then). Its a big year for them. If they don't produce and go to the playoffs their gone. That's how much time they get. It's enough time. Both get 3 years to go to the playoffs and look like a legitimate NFL Starter. Jackson hasn't shown anything. His mechanics suck. Footwork is terrible. He telegraphs his throws staring down receivers. No pocket presence. Even on good plays. Look at his 20 yard touchdown to Wade. He panics runs right into the D-End and panics runs the opposite way and is lucky enough to find a wide open guy. He throws everything into the dirt preventing any YAc which is kind of key when your in a west coast offense. He throws it behind the receiver He has it better then any quarterback in the NFL. Great O-line. 8 guys in the box every down. Don't say "Oh he doesn't have great receivers so other guys have it better." Say that to Bobby Wade or Sydney Rice. Say "You guys are making Jackson suck." Bobby Wade said that when Jackson puts the ball where he's supposed to put it then he can talk about the receivers. I'll say the same thing to you. When Jackson throws good passes then you talk about the receivers holding him back. He has had a few dropped passes. But a lot of bad throws. A good quarterback will make the receivers look good. Quarterbacks make the receiver not the other way around. You keep dissing the receivers. Maybe with a decent quarterback they would look decent. Like Matt Ryan looks great with some of the crappiest receivers in college football. Tom Brady managed very well with Reche Caldwell a number 3 in Washington. Ask Randy Moss. In Oakland he looked useless and with a good quarterback he manages to look great. It is the quarterback that makes the receivers. When Jackson starts making the throws you can talk to me about the receiver corp. The receiver corp is good enough. He has one of the best situation a quarterback in the NFL can have and he fails miserably being one of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL.

Has it ever occurred to

Right. As much as you TJack lovers want to say it he hasn't proven anything. He proved against Washington and against Denver that he can look half decent when the defense is playing soft and prevent. Thats the only time he looks good when he's 20 points behind. huh I wonder why that is
    : He hasn't improved. He hasn't shown anything. We might be able to give him one more year and I'd like to give him one more year because then that would be his last to prove anything in the NFL. If he fails miserably like he has this year then we can get rid of him draft a good proven QB at the collegic level. Dominant at the D-I-A level maybe. Not average at the I-AA level. I dont know anybody average at the D-I-AA level who succeeded at the NFL level. McNair broke records at the I-AA records. Then we can build for the real future of the franchise. Maybe new coach and get a Lombardi trophy. If he succeeds beyond improvement from absolute crap to just really crappy we got a QB. Win win situation.
    Great post dude! Im interested to know what the 'TJ' supporters think of it. Good QBs make average WRs look good. Its as simple as that. What would it hurt to let a young guy like TJ sit on the bench a few years and watch? 2 years from now our team should be very very good.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"CCthebest" wrote:
    "PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:

Great post my friend.
    ;D

Has it ever occurred to

Great post dude! Im interested to know what the 'TJ' supporters think of it. Good QBs make average WRs look good. Its as simple as that. What would it hurt to let a young guy like TJ sit on the bench a few years and watch? 2 years from now our team should be very very good.
    In keeping with the "Everyone is right" theme for today........

Great posts guys.
    Loved every point.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123