Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    tarkenton3660 is offline Waterboy

Does Jackson deserve another shot next year?

I think Childress should go after McNabb or Pennington and shell out as much dough as he needs to in order to get one of them, considering the fact they are going to be 33 million under the cap next year. I think McNabb would be perfect for Minnesota since Childress coached him for years in Philly.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Does Jackson deserve another shot next year?

Yes he does.

But welcome aboard.

Skål

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Nice to meet ya Tark! Welcome!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Welcome and SKOL! Introduce yourself in the "Free Beer" forum.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

tarkenton3660 is offline Waterboy

hey everybody. i was just surfin' the net and found this site so I figured I'd join. it's pretty sweet.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"tarkenton3660" wrote:
    I think Childress should go after McNabb or Pennington and shell out as much dough as he needs to in order to get one of them, considering the fact they are going to be 33 million under the cap next year. I think McNabb would be perfect for Minnesota since Childress coached him for years in Philly.
    Welcome my friend.
    Enjoy the site.

Hey a word of warning......

There is a guy on this site who goes by Marrdro that is pretty anal about the fact that the HC doesn't put the talent on this team.
    The front office personnel along with the Coaches input of course do.

The guys responsible for that are.....

Ownership group.
    More than one owner and they sign the check and approve all budgets which include player signings/salary.

Rick Spielmen.
    Closest thing we have to a GM.
    He is overall responsible for the team, its players and the staffs (Coaching/Medical/Scouting etc) that give us the team we watch.

Bryzcheapski.
    He is our Capologist. He is the one that works the books and makes sure we can afford to pay the players on the field and have room to go out and get guys when needed.
    His voice has alot of pull with respect to signing big name vets who cost alot.

Scott Studwell. He is in charge of all the scouts and is responsible for finding all the players that fit the scheme.
    Kindof interesting in that he will in most cases find several players that will work, based on thier cost (Picks/money/other teams trying to get them) to ensure we get the right guy or the best guy available that stays within the budget.

Long story short, that Marrdro guy will always ping on/remind you of this if you try to say things that alude to the Head Coach brining guys in.
    He is kindof an ass about that.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

First of all, welcome to the site tarkenton3660. Secondly I don't believe McNabb will be available, and thirdly Tarvaris is our guy and deserves another year to show he can lead this team. He will get better. I would like however another quality backup to replace either BB, or Holcomb. But with a year under his belt I think T-Jack will improve over the offseason and deserves another shot at leading this team. The playbook should open up more next year, and Childress/Bevell won't have to limit him as much with their playcalling. Again welcome aboard.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

It wouldnt be fair not to give him another shot..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I'll trust the staff to make that evaluation in the offseason

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"tarkenton3660" wrote:
    Just one question

Did you watch McNabb play at all this year? In his last two games, for instance, he had a ball stripped as he was running to the goal line that was fortunately for him recovered by Kevin Curtis and he also threw up a few terrible passes that were intercepted as the pass rush was getting to him, he fumbled a snap at a crucial time in one of those 2 games also. If you are not happy with TJ because of the mistakes he is making in his first full year starting, how will you feel when you are seeing the same plays by a ten year Vet who is still doing the same thing in McNabb? Have you seen how he reacts under pass rush pressure? With our line and on a new team he will be facing even more of that pressure than he did this season in Philly.

As to Pennington, He is accurate but not very durable and has absolutely no ability to scramble and buy time for the play to develop. With our tackles inability to stop any quality defensive end from getting past them on their way to the QB, Chad will be a sitting duck and probably won't last 3 games. We already have a QB like that in Holcolm and we have all seen how that experiment worked out.

What are the qualities that you see in each of them that are going to allow them to overcome the traits I listed and bring us a Lombardi Trophy?

Welcome to the site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast