Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: Do you think this defense could stop NFL teams?

"Prophet" wrote:
    Do you think this defense could stop NFL teams?
    From Pat Kirwan's column at nfl.com

DT: Three-man rotation -- Dan Wilkinson, Grady Jackson, Brentson Buckner. All three played over 50 percent of the defensive snaps for their teams last year and give a defense incredible bulk inside.

DE: Brady Smith, Duane Clemons, Gary Walker. This group isn't as interesting as the tackles, but they have a lot of playing experience and could still be effective.

OLB: Tommy Polley, Peter Boulware. They can still play, especially Polley, who was in on 80 percent of the plays last season.

ILB: Jamie Sharper, Chris Claiborne, Earl Holmes, Junior Seau. Older guys, but splitting time could work.

CB: Ty Law, Ahmed Plummer, Dexter McCleon, Denard Walker.

S: Lance Schulters, Brent Alexander, Keion Carpenter. This secondary had over 20 interceptions last season.

They all need a home. Maybe they should form a club and play a few preseason scrimmages against actual NFL teams.

I don't ever want to see THAT name again!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:
    I think we need to bring in a ILB (seau), a safety (schulters), or a CB just to add depth at those positions!! With Offords off-field incident and Tank Williams injury prone, we need to add some good back ups to the safety position. I know we have Whittaker at CB, and Griffin, but they havn't proved much yet, so atleast bring in a CB from the list to have them practice and get a feel for how they play, same thing with ILB position, Seau may be getting old but he is a good, solid player who can compete for a starting role!! I wouldn't mind seeing any of these players in camp after the June 1st cuts!!!
    Dude, Seau is like 60 years old, he has missed half of the past two seasons, and had only 36 tackles last year, he'll be in no condition to realistically compete for any starting role!

I would be more comfortable with EJ, Napo OR Dontarrious as our MLB than a guy who's best years are almost a decade behind him.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Do you think this defense could stop NFL teams?
    From Pat Kirwan's column at nfl.com

DT: Three-man rotation -- Dan Wilkinson, Grady Jackson, Brentson Buckner. All three played over 50 percent of the defensive snaps for their teams last year and give a defense incredible bulk inside.

DE: Brady Smith, Duane Clemons, Gary Walker. This group isn't as interesting as the tackles, but they have a lot of playing experience and could still be effective.

OLB: Tommy Polley, Peter Boulware. They can still play, especially Polley, who was in on 80 percent of the plays last season.

ILB: Jamie Sharper, Chris Claiborne, Earl Holmes, Junior Seau. Older guys, but splitting time could work.

S: Lance Schulters, Brent Alexander, Keion Carpenter. This secondary had over 20 interceptions last season.

They all need a home. Maybe they should form a club and play a few preseason scrimmages against actual NFL teams.

I don't ever want to see THAT name again!
    HEAR THAT!

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

i thought we brought mccleon in for a visit awhile back..he was a key part of the rams superbowl win years back against the titans, so i think he could still be a good 3rd-4th corner
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"olson_10" wrote:
    i thought we brought mccleon in for a visit awhile back..he was a key part of the rams superbowl win years back against the titans, so i think he could still be a good 3rd-4th corner

Yeah, i agree, i hope we make a big push for him!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

"Prophet" wrote:

In my opinion, this would probably be the worst defense in the NFL, and overpaid as well. Compare them to the 49ers.

Edgecrusher is offline Training Camp

We need chris claiborne back, he was the last playmaking LB we had.

sharper42 is offline Pro-Bowler

"pepper 0n moss" wrote:
    DUUUUUUUUUUDEEEEE.....

LET'S GET DENARD WALKER!!!!!!
    ANTOINE WHO???
    FRED WHO???
    BRIAN WHO???

......this guy is the answer to our CB woes......
    brian..........?????????? what brian
    our only sure-handed receiver

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"sharper42" wrote:
    "pepper 0n moss" wrote:
    DUUUUUUUUUUDEEEEE.....

LET'S GET DENARD WALKER!!!!!!
    ANTOINE WHO???
    FRED WHO???
    BRIAN WHO???

......this guy is the answer to our CB woes......
    brian..........?????????? what brian
    I was wondering the same thing.

I really like our DB situation right now. We have 4 good starters in Winfield, Sharper, Smoot, and Williams. I like D. Edwards and I think Whitaker can come in and play very well.

We do need more at the LB spot. I really hope we go after Donnie Edwards. If not there are other veteran LBs worth looking at. I agree that Junior would be nothing but a coach at this point in his career. Jamie Sharper maybe but I'd be weary. I started a new thread on Courtney Watson. A guy that can add a little depth, shows good promise, and can be a good STer. The D Line is set.

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Ahmed Plummer and Tommy Polley both signed with teams this week I think, I know that Polle signed with N.O. yesterday for sure. Of the rest of the players I think they all want too much money that is why they are still available.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast